Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 18 Nov 18, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Chickens06
Earning More Ears

Mobile Maldives

Has anyone been? Any islands youcan recommend?
Best time of year to go that's not too expensive?
Chickens06 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 18, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Following this as its on my bucket list.😉
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 18, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

We’ve been a couple of times, both at Christmas, but a number of years ago. We’ve been to maayafushi and meedhupparu and whilst there was nothing wrong with meedhupparu, we much preferred maayafushi. It was more basic and much smaller but it was much more the ‘no shoes no news’ vibe we wanted.

We chose all inclusive so we knew food and drink was covered, but check what is included as some islands include trips and water sports. Check what the transport is to get to the islands as some are speedboat and some are sea plane and the transfer times can be different.

We’d go again in a heartbeat as they were both fabulous holidays. Enjoy choosing!
Old 19 Nov 18, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Puddle5
Apprentice Imagineer

Puddle5's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We did Diamonds Athuruga couple of years ago and had a fantastic time- first week of May (one day of rain). All inclusive, great snorkelling.

We are going next year to Sandies Bathala , a new island opening Feb 19. Its owned by the same hotel group as Diamonds and they had fantastic opening offers so hoping it will be good!

There are lots of islands all offering different things. You need to write your priorities, pool, snorkelling, diving, over the water, AI, etc and then have a look at prices. Dec to Mar/ Apr is high season and will be most expensive. Depends whether you are willing to risk rain or go for a cheaper resort in high season?

Good luck in your hunt and I'm sure you will have a fantastic time!
Puddle5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 18, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridababy16
Trainee Dibber

We stayed on a Island called South Ari Atoll. Absolutely beautiful! We took the sea plane from the airport to the island which was such an experience. We stayed in a water bungalow. Lots to do on the island, fabulous food, pools and of course the most amazing beach! We went in July and were extremely lucky to have fabulous weather for the 2 weeks however it was extremely hot. Would go back to the Maldives in a heartbeat !
Floridababy16 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 18, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Going soon!
Excited about Disney

We have been to Kuredu twice now and love it! On both occassions, we went in January/February time. The weather was amazing the entire time and the waters were lovely and clear (I believe the water can get a bit cloudy/harder to see the fish etc) around October time.

We were very lucky to be able to stay in one of the water villas both times and I would absolutely reccommend it - I don't fancy dragging sand into the room and find it everywhere. The vibe is 'no shoes' but the boardwalks back to your room can be a bit hot to walk on depending on the time of day.

We took our own snorkling gear with us but you can hire it if you like. I just had a 'thing' about shoving a tube in my mouth that had been in someone elses mouth!

Make sure you take all the toiletries and suncream you need. You can buy it there but it was eye-wateringly expensive.

No matter where you choose to go, I'm sure you will have an amazong time. We WILL go back to Kuredu some day but since it is not a cheap holiday, I want to go somewhere I know I will enjoy.

Hx
Going soon! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 18, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

We stayed on Veligandu for our honeymoon, it was just stunning.
LadyDebs86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 18, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve been to Kuredu (2009)& Hudhuranfushi (last year), will definitely be going back as we love it there.

November- February is peak season so also the most expensive, monsoon seasons are on & off all year, we’ve been in August & September & had beautiful weather.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 18, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

I have a friend who went to Kuramathi and absolutley raves about it. She said there was lots to do there so you can't get bored.

If I went I'd definitley go AI so I'm not worrying about the price of things! A work colleage went last year and they only went B&B, she told her husband they weren't allowed lunch as it was too pricey and they could wait until dinner! I'd have a mutiny on my hands if I tried that with DH lol.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 18, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Jhart
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by LadyDebs86 View Post
We stayed on Veligandu for our honeymoon, it was just stunning.
We’ve also been to Veligandu twice - once in March once in April. It’s absolutely beautiful, and the food is lovely too.