Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Nov 18, 01:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Tj28
Getting Excited

He said yes!

A proposal of a different sort has been successful

We last went to WDW nearly 4 years ago. We loved it so much and always planned to go back. We couldn’t decide on our holiday plans for next year so I started exploring plans for another trip to Florida next August. Husband was initially not keen as the price of park tickets have gone up so much (combined with the fact we want to go to universal as the kids are older) but this weekend he agreed to go. Hurray! I’ve been checking flights for the past 3 weeks so booked today as I got a deal I was happy with he can’t change his mind now

We told our daughters tonight and they were practically crying with happiness and went to bed cuddling their Mickeys from the last trip. I’m so excited!
Tj28 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 18, 05:03 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Yay - how exciting!

Let the planning begin 😁
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 18, 05:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

Fabulous!

Happy Planning 👍

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 18, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

He He ...I was dragged there reluctantly by Mrs Thorpy in 2003... I didn't fancy 2 weeks of Blackpool/Alton towers... the rest is history.
I am on the dibb she is not, she got more than she bargained for.

Enjoy it.
Old 20 Nov 18, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I always remember taking my mum and dad, he wasn't keen to say the least until we arrived at Orlando Airport and picked up our car - a Chrysler Concorde.
Hes 88 now and still tells people that was the best holiday he ever had and still carries " the pass " to travel with the driver on the monorail.
It makes me laugh when people have never been but would hate it
Have a great time on your 2nd holiday of a lifetime
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 18, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
colufan
slightly serious Dibber

My DH has agreed this weekend too, just pricing up trip for next year. Our DD (17) wants to come on holiday with us but the thought of sitting around the pool for a fornight would bore her rigid and god forbid no WiFi. So I suggested 10 nights at WDW with entertainment for all would be good a good compromise 😄😄
Old 20 Nov 18, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sieborg
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Mobile

We first went in 2010 as a one off once in a lifetime trip. Eight years later and planning our 7th trip for next year.
sieborg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 18, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Tj28
Getting Excited

My husband was dreading the first trip as he didn't think it was his thing at all, but then loved it. I think he was hesitating a bit as we went to Paris 18 months ago and at the end of 3 days there, felt we had had enough. Followed that up this year with a Merlin pass and he doesn't really like those parks. I keep reminding him that Orlando is so much more than a trip to Chessington!
Tj28 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 18, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Good work! I cannot get my husband to change his mind, he is saying he feels no need to go back

Lovely about your girls being so happy

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List