Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Dec 18, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile New PM

So Theresa is going to be "voted on" tonight, result will be known before the 10 o'clock news shows.

Irresponsible to impose this uncertainty on the country at this time in my view.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 18, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

I'm no Conservative fan, but I think she's trying to do her best with the mess Cameron walked away from, the thought of Reese mogg though or Boris Johnson sends shivers down my spine, I'm not a heavy politics fan but I know who I like and who I don't and sometimes it's better the devil you know
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 18, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

she was thrown under the bus when cameron bottled out and is now being thrown under again

tomorrow meant to be meeting EU leaders... when we may have no PM and not even a candidate willing to put their hand(s) up

utter farce imo
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 18, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

I feel for her ATM, she's battling against so many sides, I'm surprised she hasn't walked away from the whole shambles before now. Her life has been consumed by this for months, I feel for her family. I have no idea what is going on anymore, but here's hoping things get sorted one way or another.
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 18, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

With only a small majority supporting Brexit it’s going to be a hard job for any PM to secure a deal which makes everybody happy
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 18, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
I'm no Conservative fan, but I think she's trying to do her best with the mess Cameron walked away from, the thought of Reese mogg though or Boris Johnson sends shivers down my spine, I'm not a heavy politics fan but I know who I like and who I don't and sometimes it's better the devil you know
I think it's safe to say that the moggster has no real chance of winning, more likely he's the executioner who has been stoked up by a Boris/Gove equivalent so that they can "come to our rescue" in return mogg gets a big cabinet job in the future (and maybe a shot at PM in a decade from now)

The worrying thing is Boris has cut his hair into a sensible style and stopped doing his spluttering buffoon act, he's getting ready to seize his chance...
Old 12 Dec 18, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
she was thrown under the bus when cameron bottled out and is now being thrown under again

tomorrow meant to be meeting EU leaders... when we may have no PM and not even a candidate willing to put their hand(s) up

utter farce imo
Technically she can remain PM until a new leader is installed. So we would still have a PM tomorrow.
Old 12 Dec 18, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I think it's safe to say that the moggster has no real chance of winning, more likely he's the executioner who has been stoked up by a Boris/Gove equivalent so that they can "come to our rescue" in return mogg gets a big cabinet job in the future (and maybe a shot at PM in a decade from now)

The worrying thing is Boris has cut his hair into a sensible style and stopped doing his spluttering buffoon act, he's getting ready to seize his chance...
Lol we saw a clip of Boris on news last night and OH said somethings happening he's got a half decent haircut
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 18, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker100
VIP Dibber

So Theresa is going to be "voted on" tonight, result will be known before the 10 o'clock news shows.

Irresponsible to impose this uncertainty on the country at this time in my view.
I agree. Can’t believe how selfish these politicians are when they only want to do what ‘they’ want. I’ve lost count of the times I’ve heard them say that they can’t vote for this or that because of their conscience! You’re not there to do what your conscience wants to do, you’re there to serve the country and constituency. 🤬

I often think about the personal attacks that go on in parliament and how it would be handled by a HR department if it were a company they all worked in.

for all the money in the world I would not want that job!
Old 12 Dec 18, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Technically she can remain PM until a new leader is installed. So we would still have a PM tomorrow.
with zero credibility though...

the whole thing has been a farce from the day we all voted for / against something we didnt even know what it was we were voting for / against...

only the UK could **** this up on such a grand scale...
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List