Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Unread 29 Dec 18, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
iLaura
Excited about Disney

Mobile Feeling worried - lump

So I've been kinda quiet the last few weeks. I found a lump on my left breast and have ignored it thinking it was all in my mind, and not wanting to upset Xmas. Finally told DH today, he's good at telling me I'm being over dramatic, and he said he can definitely feel something and asked if I could be seen today. I'm now going to be really panicky all weekend until I can see someone.

My Sis in law phoned yesterday to say her husband's mum had passed away yesterday morning, she'd been poorly a while. My in laws are away so I may need to go look after my baby niece.

Feeling really worried and stressed but don't want to talk to friends and family because I don't want to ruin what's left of Xmas
iLaura is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
50 Years of Magic - Animal Kingdom Villa
Unread 29 Dec 18, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
onion2803
VIP Dibber

I know that horrible panicky feeling, always seems to happen over a weekend or bank holiday too!

Tell someone, your mum or a friend, talking about it will help you to feel calmer - its likely nothing to worry about at all. Lumps and bumps appear all the time and are often harmless. An appt with the dr next week will sort it all out but until then dont suffer - a little chat with someone you know will help massively xx
onion2803 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 29 Dec 18, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by iLaura View Post
So I've been kinda quiet the last few weeks. I found a lump on my left breast and have ignored it thinking it was all in my mind, and not wanting to upset Xmas. Finally told DH today, he's good at telling me I'm being over dramatic, and he said he can definitely feel something and asked if I could be seen today. I'm now going to be really panicky all weekend until I can see someone.

My Sis in law phoned yesterday to say her husband's mum had passed away yesterday morning, she'd been poorly a while. My in laws are away so I may need to go look after my baby niece.

Feeling really worried and stressed but don't want to talk to friends and family because I don't want to ruin what's left of Xmas
Lumps and bumps are most likely nothing to worry about - see doc when you can but try not to worry before - but do share with family - especially female side - could be that cysts or fatty lumps are common, but no-one says anything...
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
WhereIBelong is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Fan
Unread 29 Dec 18, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

You should get it seen to asap. I had this so know how you are feeling. I found a lump while in the shower on the Sunday night. Saw the doctor on the Monday after ringing the surgery from 8am onwards until I got thru. I had a needle biopsy on the Thursday at my local hospital but they couldn't draw fluid so it wasn't a cyst. I was in the following Friday to have it removed. Hopefully you have a cyst but do get it seen to quickly. I was lucky to have found mine so early.
Villa at Emerald Isle 2015 - Wedding Trip
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The Florida 9 are Off Again
Unread 29 Dec 18, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

You're not alone. I have a mole on my arm which has grown and started bleeding so I've made an appointment to see my doctor. I had one removed from my back a few years ago. Thankfully it was benign but I'm taking no chances.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Second solo trip to WDW - Beach Club :)
Unread 29 Dec 18, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Health comes first and Im sure ak, your family will understand , please talk to someone and try and get an appointment. Hopefully its just nothing but better to get it checked xx
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
4th visit AKL and Bahama bay :)
Unread 29 Dec 18, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Your health is the priority here so get an appt ASAP, dont let anything get in the way. Im sure your Dr will deal with getting this checked promptly. Hopefully you will be fine but waiting and worrying is not easy.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 18, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
iLaura
Excited about Disney

Mobile

My Mum's Auntie was recently diagnosed with final stage breast cancer which is playing on my mind too. Will ring first thing on Monday morning.
iLaura is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
50 Years of Magic - Animal Kingdom Villa