Notices
Sport Sport Chat - This is a forum for those DIBB members that want to discuss Sports

Old 5 Jan 19, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Arrow Orlando City SC - 2019 Season

For anyone visiting Orlando and wanting a great night/afternoon out at the mighty Orlando City Soccer Club.

Hope this thread will help in your planning for the 2019 season.

As always it is worth sharing previous experiences -

The 2018 thread is here

The 2017 thread is here too

After a season of unrest and complete underachievement, we are left with a new start and without the momentum that 2017 brought.

For anyone reading this thread - it is a fantastic night out and I hope many Dibbers will once again be part of the Orlando Soccer Club Journey.

VAMOS ORLANDO

Click here for the 2019 Orlando SC fixtures

Thank you mrsdjh

A day out at the soccer was reviewed superbly in her thread which can be read here

Lots of handy tips for ticket booking and about the stadium experience

Opening home game for 2019

Saturday March 2nd against NYCSC

Hope anyone reading this thread feels the urge to put a visit to a great football club on their holiday plans for 2019

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.

Edited at 09:50 PM.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

Plenty of changes to the squad this year so might take time to gel but even so this season cannot be as bad as last season surely

I see they have changed the playoff format for this season with the top 7 in each conference going into them and all the games will only be one leg with the highest placed team in the league out of the 2 hosting the game.
Old 7 Jan 19, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

The fixtures have just been released for the upcoming season -
orlandocitysc/schedule

There are two home games when we go so hopefully will get to one of them.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
The fixtures have just been released for the upcoming season -
orlandocitysc/schedule

There are two home games when we go so hopefully will get to one of them.
Highly efficient post

Hot off the MLS press

Have my eye on a couple of fixtures too

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

It looks a far more balanced set of fixtures with the majority H/A/H/A unlike last year when they had 4 in a row at home and lots in a row away, the only period like that this season is June when the have 3 away games in a row but they are the only games they play that month in the league.

4 home games in the period from the 21st July to the 23rd August should give an opportunity for anyone there in the summer to get to a game.
Old 8 Jan 19, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Thanks - was checking Twitter at the right time!

I think I may have to miss going to a game this time as eldest daughter isn’t really a football fan - to be fair to her she has been with us twice before. Husband and younger daughter are fancying the game against DC United.

Edited at 06:32 PM.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Thanks - was checking Twitter at the right time!

I think I may have to miss going to a game this time as eldest daughter isn’t really a football fan - to be fair to her she has been with us twice before. Husband and younger daughter are fancying the game against DC United.

If any of you go to the DC United game you could buy Mr Rooney a beer or 5!
We missed out last year as the fixtures in August really stacked against us.

Just hoping that by the time we turn up there will be a better team on the pitch or even on the TV.

The appearance of Rooney at Washington has also meant that there are a lot less games available on sky too.

Fingers crossed for a better season. Vamos Orlando!

Have added your fixtures to the original post too
Thanks again

Old 8 Jan 19, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by elmspenguin View Post
It looks a far more balanced set of fixtures with the majority H/A/H/A unlike last year when they had 4 in a row at home and lots in a row away, the only period like that this season is June when the have 3 away games in a row but they are the only games they play that month in the league.

4 home games in the period from the 21st July to the 23rd August should give an opportunity for anyone there in the summer to get to a game.

That is what really stuffed so many of us last summer - hoping that we can get something sorted for this summer.

Old 14 Feb 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Robblps
Very Serious Dibber

I've got tickets for the LA Galaxy game, its the last night of our holiday too. I usually watch the games on Sky, so this will be a nice change
Robblps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Rumours today are that Orlando are set to sign former Man Utd player Nani.

My job this weekend is to buy tickets for a game - either the DC United game or Colorado Rapids - probably the first as it fits in better with our other plans.