Very Serious Dibber

Newlyweds in the Caribbean: Curse of the DLXDDP - Introduction

Newlyweds in the Caribbean: Curse of the DLXDDP – September 2018 - Introduction

Index

Hello and welcome to my new shiny trip report

From the title, you can probably gather three things about our trip -

1. We just got married
2. We went on a cruise
3. We ate a lot of food. Seriously, a LOT of food.

If any of these sound interesting, then welcome

In absence of a pre-trip report (my time was devoted to wedding planning – you dibbers would be proud of my spreadsheet!), I thought I would do a little introduction post.

Your cast for this trip is me, Lucy, and my shiny new husband Ollie. Both theme park fans and, more recently, cruising addicts (I may already have the next one booked…)

Our itinerary was:

2 nights Avanti Resort on International Drive
7 night Western Caribbean Cruise on the Disney Fantasy
11 nights Port Orleans French Quarter with Deluxe Dining Plan
1 night Villas at the Grand Floridian
3 nights New York

The reason behind this amazing trip was, as the title gives away, we just got married. Our wedding day in August was a perfect, magical day. Even the rain stopped just at the right time.

We even managed to sneak a few touches of Disney into our day, including Beauty and the Beast table confetti and naming the tables after theme park rides. We got a few laughs out of naming the top table ‘Tower of Terror’.

(On our last big holiday in 2016 -a trip to Port Aventura, Barcelona and then a 7 night med cruise on the Disney Magic- Ollie proposed. He planned a perfect proposal on a private deck on the ship with a photographer there to capture the moment. You can read all about it in the trip report here)

And what did getting married mean? We got to go on a disneymoon of course! In fact, the honeymoon planning started before booking the wedding!

It’s taken me a while to start this report, but better late than never! I need to getting cracking with this, as we have another cruise in September (and may have just booked a sneaky DLP trip as well…)

Day 1 – Travel day

Edited at 07:44 PM.
Scruffette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Congratulations on your wedding! Your big day looks beautiful and I love the Disney touches.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Congratulations on your wedding. What a fantastic trip you had planned, I hope you had a wonderful time and I am looking forward to reading about it.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Beautiful pictures 😍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Scruffette
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Congratulations on your wedding! Your big day looks beautiful and I love the Disney touches.
Thank you I had to get Disney in there somewhere!

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Congratulations on your wedding. What a fantastic trip you had planned, I hope you had a wonderful time and I am looking forward to reading about it.
Thank you We had the most amazing time and I can't wait to share all the details!

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
Beautiful pictures 😍
Thank you
Scruffette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

It was you guys! I knew I'd read someone whod done the ride photos as tables! When I came to do ours, I coukdnt find them. Thank you for sharing and hope you didnr mind me using your idea!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 19, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Scruffette
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by caj View Post
It was you guys! I knew I'd read someone whod done the ride photos as tables! When I came to do ours, I coukdnt find them. Thank you for sharing and hope you didnr mind me using your idea!
So pleased that you used the idea I couldn't resist a few Disney touches in the day!