Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Jan 19, 12:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Ways to remember a pet

I saw this on Facebook and thought it was a lovely idea. Does anyone else have special ways of remembering their pets?
Talland 2016 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

The pet crematorium sent us some forget me not seeds. We are going to plant them as soon as the weather improves. My daughter has his tag framed in a box frame. It looks really sweet.
Old 9 Jan 19, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunset girl
Imagineer

Mobile

Next Tuesday it will be a year since we lost our dog, still hurts every day
I’ve been looking for some sort of personalised memorial for him to put on his grave in our garden , but haven’t seen anything I like yet.
Anyone got any ideas please?
Sorry op for jumping on your thread
Old 9 Jan 19, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I re-use the name. I'm currently housing my 4th 'Robin' ( the first one was a pony,the rest are cats)
It keeps the memory of a previous pet alive especially as people often get them mixed up and have to have them explained which one is/was which
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sunset girl View Post
I’ve been looking for some sort of personalised memorial for him to put on his grave in our garden , but haven’t seen anything I like yet.
We’ve ordered a personalised rock from Etsy for our Betty, we’ll bury her ashes in the garden & plant forget me nots that the vet sent there. It’s quite subtle as I don’t want to turn the garden into a graveyard, I’ll find a picture later when I’m home.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

I carry all my past dogs tags on my keyring & my last beloved dogs collar in my bag.
I have a thin Morse Code leather bracelet made (on Etsy) for my girls with a secret Morse message on it. My friend has some of her dogs ashes made into a charm that goes on her Pandora bracelet. Another one wears a similar charm on a necklace. There are loads of things you can have made or you can make a Memory Frame with pictures, tags, things like that in it to put on the wall.
Old 9 Jan 19, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sunset girl View Post
No worries re jumping on the thread it's so hard to find something suitable isn't it
Talland 2016 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
bettycat
slightly serious Dibber

We have just lost our Betty cat this week, 16 years old. Heartbroken so interested in these lovely ideas
bettycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bettycat View Post
We have just lost our Betty cat this week, 16 years old. Heartbroken so interested in these lovely ideas
So sorry for your loss
Old 9 Jan 19, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

When my cat died aged 19 I bought this
amazon/Vivid-Arts-...+cat+ornaments
I enlarged the hole at the bottom and put his ashes in and sealed the hole, it now lies in the garden under his favorite bush. We are hoping to move house soon and this way it can come with us and rest in our new garden.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List