Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Unread 12 Jan 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
VIP Dibber

No Florida next year (not worth the cost)

In almost 30 years of going to Florida every year we have decided we aren't going next year as we just don't think it's worth the cost. We can afford it but with the increase in prices and the rubbish exchange rate we have decided to give it a miss in 2020 and maybe just visit some places in the UK (we've never even been to Scotland).

We will always have fond memories of Disney from our first trips, but it's just far too busy now and not enjoyable as it once was, even going off peak and using the busy day guide. We regret buying annual disney passes as they got little use when we went last month and will probably not get that much use on our trip this year.

I appreciate that not everything is about disney and in the past few years we have usually just done half a day at Disney parks (using our 7 day non expiring tickets). If our lotto numbers come up we will go next year as we will have money to waste, but I won't hold my breath😀

We are so grateful to have been so many times as for many families it really is the holiday of a life time.

The good news for dibbers is that I will still be on here (so no need to get upset) and we plan to return to Florida in 2021 (assuming the man upstairs allows us to - taking nothing for granted).

Edited at 11:34 AM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
My lucky wife
Unread 12 Jan 19, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

You want to get one of those jars you put your coffee money in, I bet with how often you are in Costa you could save a packet and get to florida a lot quicker and probably be able to take a few dibbers with you 😉😉
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 19, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
You want to get one of those jars you put your coffee money in, I bet with how often you are in Costa you could save a packet and get to florida a lot quicker and probably be able to take a few dibbers with you 😉😉
That made me smile because I am of course in costa now, and I'm going to another costa later for lunch with Mrs MH (it's all go)😀

Mrs MH bought me a filter coffee machine for Christmas to try, and in fact I now now using it to have my afternoon/evening fix most days (using costa filter coffee).

Edited at 11:40 AM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
My lucky wife
Unread 12 Jan 19, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
That made me smile because I am of course in costa now, and I'm going to another costa later for lunch with Mrs MH (it's all go)😀

Mrs MH bought me a filter coffee machine for Christmas to try, and in fact I now now using it to have my afternoon/evening fix most days (using costa filter coffee).
Mrs MH clearly wants to go back to florida then if she's bought you a coffee machine to cut back on your coffee spends... Were you there hammering on the door at opening time lol
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 19, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Apprentice Imagineer

JessBlu's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Time to do new things, exciting !
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 19, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

I hear you , we were going to defer to next year but after seeing the ticket price increase ( without the annual increase added yet) and the exchange rate we decided if we didnt go this then we really wouldnt be able to afford it next . Tickets now cost more than flights for a family. I normally book extras but weve said they have to go and its a basic trip this time. Sad as Id really like to go 2021 as its my 50th as well but I have a feeling it will be too costly by then. Scotland is absolutely amazing so you wont be disappointed at all.
We keep saying we need to go to southern ireland but not got there yet
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
4th visit AKL and Bahama bay :)
Unread 12 Jan 19, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Im also passing and going to Scotland

ORLANDO 03,04,05x2,07,O8,09,10x2,11x2,12x2,13,14,15,16
LV x2,SAN FRAN & LA,CRUISING THE CARIBBEAN,BALTICS ,FJORDS,BAHAMAS,ITALY,
BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
OKW Villa
Unread 12 Jan 19, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisaw1971
Very Serious Dibber

Im going next Friday for a week with s friend, business for her, using our dvc points for me!

We arent going as a family until 2021 & thats for my 50th!

Its too costly even with DVC & there is a big world out there waiting to be seen!

Disney / Florida will always be our special place, just cant be our go to place!

DLP Sept 1994 NY, 1998 SF, 2003NPB, 2005 off site, 2008NPB, NYE 2012 Explorers
WDW POR August 2013 14 nts
WDW POR August 2015 21 nts
DLP DCC AUGUST 2016 3nts
WDW DVC December 2016 10nts
Lisaw1971 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Split stay OKW & AK