Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 4 Feb 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Mad Hatters
slightly serious Dibber

The Mad Hatters in Florida May/June 2018 - Day 11 – Epcot eating around the lands ……… again

Hello and welcome to my very first trip report

So we are the Hatfield’s: Adam (Me), Grace (Wife), Joshua (Oldest Son), Trayvon (Youngest Son), Mick (My Dad) and Sue (My Mum).

Link to Index: Index

Link to previous day: Previous Day

Monday 28th May: Day 11 Epcot - Eating around the lands ……… again

This morning started with Grace and me waking up at 7:30am. The boys woke up not long after us at 8am. We quickly got ourselves sorted so that we could head down to breakfast.

We got a table at just gone 8:25am. We let my parents get a little more sleep once again, as today it wasn’t such a rushed morning. With the I drive section of the holiday being quite chilled, it meant we hardly had breakfast with them They love their sleep.

Onto the food:

I went for some sausage, French toast and eggs.

Grace had an English muffin and some sausage.

Joshua had his usual breakfast of a waffle, although not a Mickey one this time

Trayvon had some eggs and French toast.

After a decent breakfast, we headed back up to the room to get ourselves sorted for our last day in Epcot We left our room at 9:45am and met my Mum and Dad. We headed out to the bus stop, which is over the road in front of the Embassy Suites. We didn’t have long to wait and by 10:05, we were on our way to Epcot. It was a beautiful morning for a change haha.

Embassy Suites, the hotel that we stayed at in 2015.

We got to Epcot and made our way through security and into the park by 10:45am, which wasn’t bad at all.

Spaceship Earth had a 55 minute wait. The park was looking very busy today.

Thankfully, we weren’t planning to get on loads of rides today aside from our Fastpasses. We joined the line to meet Baymax as both of the boys love him and we all love the Big hero 6 film. It was 11:04am and we ended up waiting 40 minutes, which is a bit too long for us generally. The boys loved meeting him though, so it was well worth the wait

Electric Umberella was next up, to get the boys some lunch. We had a little nibble as we were intending on making the most of our final day of the flower and garden festival foods.

Joshua and Trayvon got some chicken tenders and a coke zero to share.

Grace and I shared a portion of fries to keep us ticking along

Grace also got a coke zero. I got myself a Heineken as part of the quick service meal

We were all set for our first Fastpass of the day, Test Track. This is one of my favourite rides in Disney. We all, including my Mum who was undecided on whether she would ride or not, joined the FP queue at 12:25. It didn’t take too long to get through and onto the ride.

Some pictures of the cars that we designed.

My beast.

Our ride picture which took a couple of days to appear on MDE for some reason.

We spent a bit of time looking around the cars in the area where you come off Test Track. Obviously the kids wanted to sit in all of the cars. There were a couple that I had a sit in too haha.

We do love Test Track. I think i prefer the original version, but even still, its really good fun and the feeling when you blast outside is ace

It was now getting on for 1:30pm and time to head into World showcase.

Pictures of the Cars topiaries.

We started our world showcase tour in Canada first. Unfortunately we didn’t go to watch O Canada! It’s been a long time since we have viewed it.

Grace and my mum and dad got the Beef tenderloin tips with whipped potato.

This was enjoyed by everyone just as much as last time.

I also went for a Moosehead draft same as last time

{Continued in next post}
Mad Hatters is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Mad Hatters
slightly serious Dibber

{Continued from previous post}

We pretty much walked straight through the United Kingdom this time, only slowing for some pictures and headed into France.

Plenty more pictures of the flower and garden festival displays.

I had one food item on my list that was a must have and I was really looking forward to it. The ‘Canard Confit Aux Gnocchi à la Parisienne: Braised Duck Confit with Parisian Gnocchi’.

This may not look all that much, but it was absolutely delicious. I would definitely have this one again. A solid 9/10. I was surprised at all the big pieces of duck in it, I only expected a few little bits.

Grace got herself another La vie en Rose frozen slushy and my dad got himself a Kronenbourg blanc.

We made our way into Morocco next

If you read one of the earlier Epcot days in my trip report, you may remember that I got a cauliflower dish previously that I didn’t mean to get. Well today was the day to get the one that I actually meant to get

Fried Cauliflower with Capers, Garlic Parsley and Chili Ranch Sauce.

This was gorgeous. So full of flavour and a really nice texture. I gave this a 10/10. I seem to recall offering my parents a little taste and them ending up going up to get a portion too.

Japan was our next port of call.

Grace being a creature of habit, went for the Ginger Beef Yaki Udon noodle dish once again, as she enjoyed it so much before.

Mum and dad had the Teriyaki Salmon with rice which they really enjoyed.

Drinks were required again. My dad went for a Sapporo and I noticed something a little different that I fancied trying. A frozen Kirin draft beer.

Truth be told, the Sapporo is nicer. The Kirin frozen draft just tasted a little like when you have left a bottle of beer in the freezer a little too long and it’s just started to freeze slightly Oh well. Stick to Sapporo next time

As a side note, isn’t the Japanese pavilion lovely? Japan is a country both Grace and i would love to visit in the future when the boys are older.

Next up was America. I was ready for something that was high up on my list of snacks to try. Warm Chocolate Cake with Bourbon-Salted Caramel Sauce and Spiced Pecans.

This was a pretty good dessert. It had a nice whiskey smoke to it. The sponge was slightly dry, but it got away with it due to all the caramel sauce on there. I gave this an 8/10. I’d happily have it again.

The American Adventure

Somewhere around Italy, we got the boys an ice cream each and me and Grace a diet coke.

Pictures taken between Italy and Norway. Hard not to get carried away and take hundreds of photographs when walking round Epcot

{Continued in next post}
Mad Hatters is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 19, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Mad Hatters
slightly serious Dibber

{Continued from previous post}

As soon as we approached Norway, you could tell it was about to start raining any second. Thankfully it waited until we were close by to shelter and then the massive downpour began. We took shelter in the store where you exit from the Frozen ride.

Thankfully, the really heavy rain only lasted for about 10 to 15 minutes and we could head back out again.

It was now 3:45pm and as we were in Mexico, we decided to get onto the Gran Fiesta Tour, hoping the rain would have fully stopped when we exit.

A couple of pictures. It’s always so busy in here.

Time for a little more food. Once again, Grace stuck with what she knew and got a portion of the Jamaican braised beef dish. We also got a Tropical freeze with Cruzan mango rum.

The drink wasn’t as good as we expected, but it was nice enough. Certainly wasn't going to waste it, but wouldn't get it again.

Mum and dad also got a portion of the Sugar cane shrimp as they enjoyed it so much previously.

That was us finished with the world showcase. Not quite finished with the food though yet amazingly. We headed to Electric umbrella. Again, haha.

Mum and dad shared a portion of the chicken tenders.

The 4 of us shared 2 of the 3 cheese flatbreads that they do here. We also got 2 coke zero’s to go with this.

We ended up with a bit of an odd experience in here. We found a table that was large enough for all of us to sit together. The restaurant itself wasn’t exactly packed out, there were a few tables spare.

Anyway, Grace, the boys and I sat down with our food and were waiting for my parents with theirs, when 2 ladies decided to come to our table and just sit themselves down. It was very strange. They were just chatting away to each other, completely oblivious.

Usually I would say something here, but with the fact there were plenty of places to sit, we just got up and moved. They weren’t speaking English, so maybe that’s why I didn’t say anything? Don’t know really haha. Not like me to not voice my opinion

And that was that, we were all finished with Epcot for this holiday

A Stitch on our way out.

Traditional pictures in front of Nemo.

I do have pictures that seem to show that we rode on figment, but I have nothing in my notes and I can’t recall if we did or not The evidence suggests we did anyway haha.

It was 5pm as we were walking out of the park. We had got ourselves sat down on the bus just after 5:15pm. The ride back to the hotel was uneventful and we were back just after 6pm.

On the bus going back I think (totally random pictures)

As if we hadn’t eaten enough, it was still the manager’s reception, so it would have been rude not to pop in. We grabbed some drinks and nibbles. My notes say “Red wine, salad and hot dogs”. The only picture I have is of a plate of salad haha.

We were back in our room at 6:45pm and all got ourselves bathed/showered and ready for bed.

We went across to mum and dads room tonight to have a few drinks and play a few games.

My dad and I won at dominoes and my mum won both hands of Jim rummy. We had our usual end of day discussion about tomorrows plans and called it a night at that.

We were in bed and asleep at 22:14pm.

Total steps for today: 16,940.

Thanks for reading
Old 4 Feb 19, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Poor Joshua with no Mickey waffle, waffles will never be the same anymore

I love the cars on test track, they look fab and the different topiary's are so pretty, my favourite's got to be the Lady and The Tramp one.

I'm glad you eventually got the cauliflower you wanted and it looks nice too.

You've got to do the hat photos in Norway don't you we had to do them too haha.

How odd for those 2 women to just sit with you

Another fab day and the perfect ending to the night playing games xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Mad Hatters
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Poor Joshua with no Mickey waffle, waffles will never be the same anymore

I love the cars on test track, they look fab and the different topiary's are so pretty, my favourite's got to be the Lady and The Tramp one.

I'm glad you eventually got the cauliflower you wanted and it looks nice too.

You've got to do the hat photos in Norway don't you we had to do them too haha.

How odd for those 2 women to just sit with you

Another fab day and the perfect ending to the night playing games xx
Haha he survived without the Mickey waffles. The mickey shape makes all the difference though

Good choice on the topiary, they are so well done. I think beauty and the beast is my favourite.

The cauliflower was so so good, couldn't believe how nice it was. Glad i got to try it in the end.

The women sitting next to us was so strange, it was just one of those moments where you don't know what to say

Thanks once again for reading along
Old 6 Feb 19, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mad Hatters View Post
Haha he survived without the Mickey waffles. The mickey shape makes all the difference though

Good choice on the topiary, they are so well done. I think beauty and the beast is my favourite.

The cauliflower was so so good, couldn't believe how nice it was. Glad i got to try it in the end.

The women sitting next to us was so strange, it was just one of those moments where you don't know what to say

Thanks once again for reading along
They really do don't they. I had a waffle and bacon at uni yesterday and it was awful. I guess I'll just have to wait for florida again 😂

I do love beauty and the beast too. They're all so pretty!

It's always nice when things live up to their expectations xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 19, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

What a great day, looks like you're all having a fab time. Lots of great food too, that cauliflower dish sounds delicious!
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 19, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
What a lot of lovely food. I also really loved all the photos of the topiaries, they are so cute, I will have to visit during flower and garden some time!

It sounds like this was a really full on day, you all did really well to last and you crammed in so much.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 19, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great day x
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 19, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Mad Hatters
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
What a great day, looks like you're all having a fab time. Lots of great food too, that cauliflower dish sounds delicious!
Thanks for reading.

The cauliflower dish really was fantastic. If its on next time, i really would advise anyone to try it.

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
What a lot of lovely food. I also really loved all the photos of the topiaries, they are so cute, I will have to visit during flower and garden some time!

It sounds like this was a really full on day, you all did really well to last and you crammed in so much.
Thanks for reading.

Flower and garden is a beautiful time to visit, definitely something to experience.

Oh, we certainly made our way through the food

Originally Posted by summersun View Post
great day x
Thank you for reading