Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Feb 19, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Getting fed up... windows...

Waiting for a well known replacement windows/home improvement company to turn up and quote at 11am ... now 1pm... well, not waiting, just going on with a usual Saturday really.

Do they really think they will get our business? Or that of our neighbours or friends?

2 hours late so far, no communication... despite 3 phone calls yesterday to check it was all hunky dory, we'd both be here etc...

Obviously victims of their own success, or the poor homeowner in front of us is getting "the hard sell"... wonder when the first communication will be - we are deliberately not ringing - to get the "sorry - let's rearrange" thing - since 11am this morning was ideal...
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Well tell them to get stuffed when they show up and go for someone local. When looking for new windows go for triple glazed units. We did not for the warmth but for soundproofing it does make a difference.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
The above post nails it for me.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mazbar View Post
Well tell them to get stuffed when they show up and go for someone local. When looking for new windows go for triple glazed units. We did not for the warmth but for soundproofing it does make a difference.
we will...

We are intending to go local (they do not know we are getting any other quotes), but wanted 3 or 4 quotes from different places and they sent out flyers on the right (wrong for us, obviously) day...

going to go join the dog and snooze in the sun for a bit.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Triple glazing is great come bonfire night, you can still hear the fireworks but only in the background.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mazbar View Post
Triple glazing is great come bonfire night, you can still hear the fireworks but only in the background.
that sounds good!

Dog doesn't like fireworks night. or the few weeks before or after, or new year, or Diwali, or...
Old 23 Feb 19, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

No way would I entertain them. If they are this unreliable at this stage god only knows what they would be like if they actually got the job.

I give my customers a one hour time slot and I rarely don't arrive within the time scale, but on the occasions I am even running 10 minutes late I will let them know.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Gaz Lear
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 6
Mobile

The quote we got from one of the big companies was more than double that of a bloke that was reccomended to us. The only advantage I can see they have is the option to pay monthly
Old 23 Feb 19, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
No way would I entertain them. If they are this unreliable at this stage god only knows what they would be like if they actually got the job.

I give my customers a one hour time slot and I rarely don't arrive within the time scale, but on the occasions I am even running 10 minutes late I will let them know.
exactly - we would not have minded half so much if they just rang and let us know they were running late etc.

surely the initial meeting for a quote is where you make huge efforts to show your company in the brightest light - if this is their best, it is not good enough.
Old 23 Feb 19, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
I love walmart
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

They are probably still at their 9am appointment. They will be on their tenth cup of coffee and about to get the thumb screws out!
At least you will have a good reason for kicking them out early. You made time in your day for them and they didn’t turn up. I wouldn’t even reschedule, I’d just tell them to quote and make it quick
I love walmart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List