Notices

Old 7 Apr 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

Ok Let's Try This ... With A Difference - March/April 2019 - Day 6

I woke up around 3.20am but was able to get back to sleep and woke up properly at 10am! It was great to have a proper lie in and upon looking out realised it was pouring down so it was probably a good morning to miss due to the weather. We got ready and decided to drive to magic kingdom and park in the car park (odd I know), Dd wanted to get the monorail and were not sure what getting back to wilderness lodge will be like after the fireworks.

We arrived at magic kingdom at 12.30pm and it was time for our seven dwarfs fast pass, DH and Dd rode this and I managed to pick up at fastpass for Peter Pan for just after 1pm.

We were feeling hungry so as we were near to Pinocchios village haus we decided flatbreads were a good option for lunch. We got a pepperoni for $11.99.

We also got a gourmet cheese flatbread. Also $11.99. We shared the 2 of them between us and it was just about enough.

We went and used our fastpass for Peter Pan and then onto the barnstormer (another fastpass). After this we spent a little time cooling off in the Casey junior splash zone, it just love this water feature 😂

It was then onto another fastpass for journey of the little mermaid, it's such a lovely little ride.

As we came off this I picked us up a fastpass for pirates of the Caribbean but this wasn't until 3.10pm. Dd had been wanting to go in the Swiss family Robinson treehouse so she did his twice and then we found a spot in Frontierland to watch the festival of fantasy parade. Magic kingdom seemed less crowded today and we were able to get a good position with a decent view of the parade.

After this is was time for pirates which was especially nice to cool off in the air con. We came oh and used a fastpass I'd picked up for the Aladdin flying carpets. When checking my disney experience I found a fastpass for big thunder mountain at 6.30pm, this was still a couple of hours off and we were feeling hungry again so we decided that we would catch the monorail over to the Polynesian for some dinner. We considered the tambu lounge but in the end went for he counter service captain cooks. DH had the thai coconut meatballs this came with sticky rice and he really enjoy it.

I had the pork fried rice, this was fried rice with pulled pork on top, it was really tasty and there was loads of pork and in fact the whole thing was a huge portion.

DH and I also got 2 iced waters with our food and added some squash to it.

Dd had the chicken and pineapple kids skewer. We subbed the side for fries and she also got an apple juice with this.

Total came to $28.09 which was great value!

We got he monorail back over to magic kingdom and on the way in a lovely family stopped us asking if we wanted their fastpass for seven dwarfs mine train. They quickly spoke to someone at guest services and we were issues with an anytime multiple experience fastpass which we were ever so thankful for the kind gesture!

We walked round to big thunder mountain having a look in a few shops and DH and Dd rode using our fastpass I got earlier.

We walked up towards fantasyland and came across the bears having a hoedown in the middle of Frontierland, Dd joined in for abit but was complaining of having ear ache 🙁

We used our next fastpass to meet Tiana and rapunzel and then DH and Dd went on seven dwarfs mine train using our gifted fastpass. When they got off the ride Dd was close to tears and really struggling with her ear so we decided to head back to wilderness lodge so we could give her something for it.

On the way back to the front of he park we asked Dd if she would like a treat to take back, she chose a Minnie Mouse decorated candy apple.

I got myself a m and m covered marshmallow wand. This was really good and Dd helped me finish it off!

Mains street confectionary does annual pass discount so we got 20% of the cost and it came to $13.62 for them both. Dd and I got the boat back to wilderness lodge as there was on waiting as we left magic kingdom, that left DH to return to the parking lot to retrieve the car. It took DH 20 minutes longer than us to get the car and drive back so we may reconsider the boat sometime. We got back quickly and sorted out Dd with something for her ear which kicked in quickly thankfully and we shared my m&m marshmallow wand and we watched some of the fireworks from our balcony.

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by missdopey - 7 Apr 19 1:28 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day

Joan
Old 7 Apr 19, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

How lovely to see fireworks from your balcony! Am loving your trip reoort its making me long to go back...another lovely day and so nice when other people are so kind to you.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Awwwww I hope the wee one's ear is better. How lovely to be gifted a fastpass, we always did this with the paper ones if we weren't going to use them. Very nice looking food.