Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning > Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.
Unread 7 May 19, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Infinity Red
Imagineer

Where to stay in LA ?

Hi my daughter and her two friends will be arriving at Union Station from San Diego in July for four nights.
They've no idea where to stay, they'd like to see Santa Monica, Rodeo Drive, Hollywood walk of fame, Sunset Boulevard and Venice beach.
After four days they'll be flying on to San Francisco, I'm assuming flying is better, no idea where they are in relation to one another
So where in LA should they stay, they're on a bit of a budget too , many thanks.
Unread 7 May 19, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi not to sure on where to stay but you will get plenty of advice, but there are some areas like any city to avoid. LA is 100 miles across so would need some planning if they don't dr. If they can dr we would suggest drive up the coast with a couple of stops.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
BACK AGAIN
Unread 7 May 19, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Santa Monica or Hollywood would make the most sense if they are using public transport as they could use the Metro from Union station.

Santa Monica will be nicer and better for getting back to the airport assuming they are flying out of LAX.
400ixl is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back to the West Coast
Unread 7 May 19, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Santa Monica and Hollywood have hostels. They could also fly from Burbank to San Francisco if staying in Hollywood and avoid LAX. Look at the Orange Drive hostel, about $120 a night for private twin room with bathroom, its a non party hostel and in a great location. HI in Santa Monica (more party vibe) and the Walk of Fame Hostel are other options.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Vancouver>Seattle>Alaska>New York
Unread 7 May 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Infinity Red
Imagineer

Thank you all, yes they're not driving and will likely be flying on to SF.
Ok we'll check Santa Monica and Hollywood then, is Beverly Hills fairly central ?

Edited at 07:08 PM.
Infinity Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
My hopeful Orlando countdown !
Unread 7 May 19, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Infinity Red View Post
Thank you both, yes they're not driving and will likely be flying on to SF.
Ok we'll check Santa Monica and Hollywood then, is Beverly Hills fairly central ?
Beverly Hills has no public transport, they would need to use Uber and theres no cheap hotels. Its $$$$$.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 7 May 19, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Infinity Red
Imagineer

Ah ok thanks. I've just checked the Orange drive hostel, on their dates one of them would have to stay in a male dormitory, so that's a no go lol, I'll check the other one.
Unread 7 May 19, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Very Serious Dibber

Orange Drive usually has availability on the third party sites although I suppose it could be booked out. If you google Orange Drive hostel a calendar will be on the right of the page and will show you all sites with availability. I booked it last year my cousin who went on her gap year. Theres another place called Banana Bungalow, they have several locations in LA. Are they sorted for accommodation in San Francisco?