Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 27 May 19, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Thumbs up A Sort Of Food Report

Hello all!
I didn’t anticipate doing a food report and this won’t really be one. More a “I realised I took more photos than I thought of food so might as well share with the dibb” kind of report!
We stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter for 3 weeks with a night at Royal Pacific and Portofino Bay.
I don’t always take my phone out with me so there aren’t a full 3 weeks worth of food. Most of the photos are also just quick snaps to send back to our family back home who are equally food obsessed (particularly junky holiday food!) and make them jealous so don’t expect high quality photography here! I’m sure it’ll still make you feel hungry though...

Giraffe, Gatwick South Terminal

Starters
Karaage Chicken - Japanese style fried chicken topped with sesame seeds served with honey and soy dip.
Yazi Gyoza - Fried chicken dumplings with orange & miso glaze. Served with nuoc cham sweet chilli sauce.

Spicy Rice Bowl - Brown rice with chicken, sugar snaps, red peppers, crispy onions, chilli & soy sauce, topped with a fried egg.

Kati Roll - An Indian street food favourite. Chicken, Cumin-roasted spiced cauliflower, chickpeas, pomegranate seeds, red onion and coriander in a flatbread served with yoghurt and chutney.

Port Orleans French Quarter Sassagoula Floatworks and food factory

Wolferman's English Muffin Breakfast Sandwich - Scrambled Eggs, House-smoked Ham and American Cheese. Tater Tots.

DH asked for less egg the second time he had it as it was a bit much the first time.

Mickey Waffle and Sausage

We also tried the plain and blueberry pancakes. Both were nice but the blueberry ones were really delicious.

Creole Cheese Steak Po' Boy - Steak with Onions, Banana Peppers and Cheese served on a Soft Roll.

Terrible photo but delicious and loads of meat.

Pepperoni pizza

Southern Classic Fried Chicken with Mache Choux, Mashed Potatoes and Glazed Carrots.

Create Your Own Pasta. Fettuccine pasta, Basil Pesto Sauce, Chicken, Broccoli, Mushroom, Spinach and Sun Dried Tomato.

Southern Classic BBQ Ribs with Mashed Potato and Mache

Classic Disney Chicken Nuggets, Chips and Coleslaw

King Cake. Cinnamon roll.

Aladdin Chocolate Cupcake with Peanut Butter Mousse inside.

Homecomin’

Art's Famous Fried Chicken - Buttermilk-brined for 24 hours then perfectly fried and served with creamy mashed potatoes and a cheddar drop biscuit. I added cheese and bacon to the mash and had sausage gravy on the side.

Possibly my favourite meal of the holiday. The atmosphere in the restaurant was great, our server was lovely and my meal was SO good. I left a tiny bit of it and so wish I could have it now!
DH had the fried chicken sandwich which he loved too but I don’t seem to have a photo of.

Rainforest Cafe

DH choice as he loves the ribs from here plus having a landrys card meant we could sit down straight away.

Mojo Bones - Pork Spareribs, Smokin' Mojo BBQ Sauce, Coleslaw and Safari Fries.

Caribbean Coconut Fried Shrimp with Coleslaw, Mango Sauce and Red Skinned Mashed Potato.

’Ohana
I know this gets mixed reviews here but the food served for dinner is basically our perfect menu! DH is obsessed with the chicken and I love the steak. Noodles and pot stickers are also a big favourite of mine. It’s also the only place my savoury loving DH actually eats dessert.
We’ve had a couple of meals here now and they’ve always been good. Seated quickly, nice servers, not rushed or too slow. Just great food and atmosphere.

Pineapple Coconut Bread.
Pork Pot-stickers tossed in Garlic Ginger Sauce/Honey-Coriander Chicken Wings served with Peanut and Sweet-n-Sour Sauces. Teriyaki Noodles and Seasonal Veg.

‘Ohana Banana Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce and Ice Cream.

(I forgot to take a photo of the main meat )
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Wolfgang Puck Express

Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Crispy Onion Straws and Port Wine Sauce

Chicken Tenders

Cooke’s of Dublin

Hog in a Box - Slow Roasted Pork Shoulder with Baby Potatoes, Sage and Sweet Onion Stuffing Caramelized Onions and Apple Sauce

Looks gross tastes AMAZING. If you like pork then you need to try this.

Chicken Guy

The CG Classic - two Chicken Tenders (Crispy Fried), Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, Pickle, Cheddar and Special Sauce

My new favourite. We had it twice but I could have had it daily 😋

Blaze
Another favourite, we had it 3 times but I kept forgetting photos as we were so keen to eat it. I LOVE that they have banana peppers here

Ghirardelli

I love being able to have Ghirardelli as a snack credit.

Mint chocolate. He forgot just how big they are!

Cookies and cream. Strawberry.

Aristocrepes
I forgot a photo of the tasty inside but we had -

S'Mores crepe - Toasted Marshmallow Crème, Chocolate Sauce and Graham Cracker Crumb

Chocolate Hazlenut Crepe - Chocolate-Hazelnut Spread and Salted Caramel

Amorette’s Patisserie

Mickey Mousse - Chocolate Chiffon Cake, Dark Chocolate Mousse and White Chocolate Mousse.
Lemon and Blueberry Cheesecake.
Pineapple Eclair.

Absolutely delicious! My favourite was the eclair and the cheesecake. DH liked the Mickey mousse the most but he likes dark chocolate more than me.

Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Flame Tree BBQ

Smoked Ribs, Chicken and Pulled Pork served with Signature Baked Beans and Coleslaw

Baked Macaroni and Cheese topped with Smoked Pulled Pork, Onion Rings and Coleslaw

Be Our Guest

Finally managed to get a table in the West Wing!

Feast á la Gaston - Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, and Roasted Potatoes served with Fresh Fruit

Croissant Doughnut
Fried Doughnut topped with Banana-Caramel Sauce, Pastry Crème, and Chocolate Ganache served with fresh Fruit

Selection of pastries

Snacks

Jeffrey’s Pink Donut

Troll Horn from kringla bakeri og kafe

Pink Rice Krispie Treat

Chocolate Dipped Pretzel

Classic vanilla soft serve

Peter Pan Float - Key lime ice-cream, sprite and a chocolate feather

Mickey Chocolate Cookie (it’s pretty big!)

Chocolate dipped Rice Krispie Treat with Peanut Butter Chips

Mickey Mouse Ice-Cream Sandwich
Still my favourite snack

I saw someone mention Rice Krispie Vein Pods from Pandora on here so had to try one. Ended up using a couple of snack credits to bring a few home as they were so nice!

Old 27 May 19, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Sal’s Market Deli at Portofino Bay
If you like cheese then these are the pizzas for you! So good.

Salvatore - Sweet Italian Sausage, Pepperoni, Mushrooms

Hawaiian - Ham, Fresh Pineapple

Garlic Bread Sticks

Gelataria Portofino Bay
Chocolate Brownie Sundae

Excuse the slightly eaten/melty photo. This was nice but I expected better. Emack and Bolio’s at the Hard Rock Hotel was much much tastier.

Voodoo Doughnuts

Maple Bacon Bar - Raised yeast doughnut with maple frosting and bacon on top
Portland Cream - Raised yeast shell filled with Bavarian cream and topped with chocolate
Vegan Apple Fritter - Fried dough with apple chunks and cinnamon covered in a glaze

The apple fritter was the one I wanted to try the most but they only had the vegan one left. I figured I’d try it anyway and it was completely delicious. Maybe slightly softer in the middle than the non vegan one I had the week after but otherwise the same.

Apple fritter
Chocolate Old Fashioned - Cake doughnut with chocolate frosting
Voodoo Doll - Raised yeast doughnut filled with raspberry jelly topped with chocolate frosting and a pretzel stake

I didn’t take my phone either time we went to Cowfish at Citywalk but I highly recommend it. Particularly the Dion’s OMG! Roll, the Texas Longhorn and Big Squeal burger.
Old 27 May 19, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Great pics, thanks for sharing them. There's some lovely looking food in there, I must get round to trying Blaze and Art's, I haven't been yet and your choices look soooo good.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Great pics.I am not a lover of pizza but even I liked the ones in Sal’s! Thank you for sharing x
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

Ok. I’m officially hungry now.
Old 27 May 19, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Great pics thanks for sharing. 😊
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mmmmmm, thanks for sharing
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Wow, some fab snacks and great meals. I'm glad you shared it all.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List