Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Theme Parks Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, FastPass+ Questions and Info.
Orlando Attraction Tickets
Unread 18 Jun 19, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Hopefulholiday
slightly serious Dibber

Hopefulholiday's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Glasses on thrill rides

So since we had our last trip in 2016 DH now wears glasses and I have started to wear glasses rather than my contacts that I have worn for many years so not had this problem before. What do people do on rides to ensure they dont lose them, if anything?
Tbh if its bright sunshine we could just take them off and be fine, however if it is inside or low lighting we would need them.
Thanks
June/July 2019: New York, Riu Plaza & Orlando, villa Sunset Lakes, HRH
Hopefulholiday is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
New York and Orlando done...
Unread 18 Jun 19, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

I wear my glasses on all rides and have no problems. They shouldnt fall off if they fit properly and arent loose.
You can get straps or small grips (cheaply on Amazon/eBay) if youd feel more secure with something like that on them though.
Unexpectedpenny is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
3rd stay at POFQ!
Unread 18 Jun 19, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Hopefulholiday
slightly serious Dibber

Hopefulholiday's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Thanks thats good to know, Id seen the straps but they would mess up my hair but never heard of the grips but just looked on Amazon and they look good
June/July 2019: New York, Riu Plaza & Orlando, villa Sunset Lakes, HRH
Hopefulholiday is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
New York and Orlando done...
Unread 18 Jun 19, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

We use sports straps on our sunnies including my prescription sunnies that I definitely don't want to lose! Some rides will only let you wear them with a strap. The ride will mess your hair up much more than a strap!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First time at Disney!
Unread 18 Jun 19, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
disneyfangirl01
Proud to wear my Ears

If your glasses are that loose you think you may loose them on a ride you might want to get ones that fit better. I will be doing the opposite and wearing my contacts more than I do now so I can wear normal sunglasses and take them on a off as needed without having to swap to regular glasses.
disneyfangirl01 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First Trip Together!
Unread 18 Jun 19, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Just to add I would recommend a strap for water parks if youre going to them. Especially for the wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon! I used these, they are pretty discreet and worked really well - amazon/gp/aw/d/B07...b_b_asin_title

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
We use sports straps on our sunnies including my prescription sunnies that I definitely don't want to lose! Some rides will only let you wear them with a strap. The ride will mess your hair up much more than a strap!
Is it some Busch garden rides that you have to wear a strap for? Ive never had to wear a strap at Universal/Disney but I know BG has the more intense coasters!
Unexpectedpenny is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
3rd stay at POFQ!
Unread 18 Jun 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
Just to add I would recommend a strap for water parks if youre going to them. Especially for the wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon! I used these, they are pretty discreet and worked really well - amazon/gp/aw/d/B07...b_b_asin_title

Is it some Busch garden rides that you have to wear a strap for? Ive never had to wear a strap at Universal/Disney but I know BG has the more intense coasters!
Hmm maybe it was BG or Seaworld. We were there less than a month ago but my memory sucks! I remember having to show them we had sports straps on.
Definitley wasn't Disney, anything goes there! You could probably take out a picnic lunch on Everest and the staff wouldn't bat an eyelid.

I'll second having one for Typhoon Lagoon. My sunnies were saved by it several times.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First time at Disney!
Unread 18 Jun 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Administrator

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
Tigris at Busch was the only ride they asked for a strap. I didn't have one so they took them off me for the ride. I didn't wear them on the other coasters at Busch after that so cannot comment on them.
SMAX is online now Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Attraction Tickets Direct