Notices

Old 27 Jun 19, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Scottishnellies 5th Element 2019. Day 6 AMI. Beach Walk, Captain Kathes Boat Trip

Before I had gone to bed last night I had used the Cortizone 10 cream on my bites. Well I woke this morning after a great nights sleep with no itching, the swelling all down and no pain! Yay!

In fact I had slept so well I had missed sunrise and it was 8am

And last night before we went to the beach I had used this combo

and this morning I only have 2 new bites which I may have actually got before I used the new spray. I've a feeling it's the off deep woods stuff that's working.

Couldn't believe how much better my legs felt, so after my shower I put the cortisone stuff on again. And now I just can't feel them at all. No itch. No pain. Fabulous relief!

Kevin and I decided to go a big walk. The girls were still asleep and Kieran was on his iPad not interested in coming.

Then turned back, right round Bean Point again.

then we sat on the pier and watched the dolphins. We think there were 3, perhaps 4

Difficult to tell when they pop up at different times in different places in a vast space.

So lovely to watch them. It definitely seems like mid morning at rod n reel is the place to see them.

It was 10am and we had been walking nearly 2 hours so we headed back to the house and had some breakfast. By this time all the kids were up and about.

I wanted to get ready assuming we were going to captain kathe at 12 so we got the towels, snorkels, bags and coolbag all ready but by 12 we hadn't heard anything back despite me sending a wee nudge text at 11:15. Not looking good 😐

Then At 12:05 I get this

aaargh - now I KNOW the arrangement was she was going to text me to say whether she could make it. So I was a bit annoyed but a shorter trip was still better than no trip. So we dived into the car and were on our way. Only problem is you can't hurry anywhere on AMI. We were stuck behind an 18mph golf cart for aaaages.

Got to the dock (same dock as starfish co - see what's coming?), jumped out and made our way round to the front. It was now 12:32. A wee girl introduced herself as Kylie, saying that she is 12 years old and would be our first mate. She said we would be with captain Katie today (kathes daughter) who appeared a moment later. We climbed aboard and off we went with captain Katie catching up to captain Kathes boat.

On board we also had Skipper. He is 8 years old and trained to alert the captain when he smells dolphins or manatees around. On the other boat they have another dog at 1 year old who does the same

We hadn't gone too far when skipper started jumping up and whining to show he could smell something

Now just to note. The dog does jump all over the place. On you. On the seats. On your bags. So if you can't handle that this is not the company for you. I don't really like dogs but I tolerate them because everyone else loves them and it just makes life easier.

At skippers whining we pulled up just at the entrance to a canal where we could see Dolphins. Katie explained they were mums teaching their babies to fish. Stayed here a while. We could see them much more close than we had at rod n reel.

Then we headed off again. This time Katie took us out to a sandbar where she anchored up. Her mum kathe had the other boat anchored there too. We had brought our own snorkels, but they do provide full face snorkels. They also provide wee nets for you to catch stuff.

We jumped off the boat and snorkelled around. I even had a go with Kevin's snorkel and managed better than I ever have before.

Katie set up what she called the bin, with water and a pump going into it. Anything found alive was to be put in here so we could have a good look at them before we put them back. Katie and wee kylie also snorkelled around finding things and putting them in the bin for us.

Captain Kathe on the other boat however, sat on her mobile phone yelling 'put that straight in the bucket' every time anyone surfaced with anything. I was quite glad we were with her daughter Katie instead! She hadn't set up anything like that on her boat so she sent her family over to look at what we had found.

We stayed here more than a good hour and we loved it.

Kieran found a live sand dollar

And a Florida Fighting Conch

The girls both found starfish

Caitlin found a perfect sand dollar (which she is going to try to get home intact)

Caitlin also found a tiny jellyfish

Kylie found a huge crab, a sea urchin, and a wee thing like a seahorse that I've no photo of.

Kylie found a huge crab, a sea urchin, and a wee thing like a seahorse that I've no photo of.

Captain kathe took her family away first but Katie hung around with us a bit before putting all the things from the bin back in the ocean and getting ready to leave.

On the way back she stopped off in the bay to show us a family of manatee when skipper whined. She took the time to point out the babies and told us lots about them.

Then we made our way back to the dock at 2:30 so we did get the full 2 hours despite the confusion about the arrangements to start.

This cost $30 per person and I was really happy with what we got for that. I'm not sure I would have been so happy on kathes boat to be honest.

When we got off at the dock there was only one thing to do - crab cakes!

I went hearty this time so I could share with the girls who both said they weren't hungry enough for a full dish.

Kieran had a salty dog

Oh my. They were still as delicious as before. Hannah ate the fries and Caitlin shared the other crab cake also agreeing they are delicious. Pure crab meat

Walmart is only 4miles along the road from here so we picked up rolls, salad, more water (we are going through 25-30 wee bottles a day as well as the big ones from the fridge)etc.

Out and home. It was now 5pm and I stretched out in the upper deck while the others played waterpolo.

Later kevin fired up the BBQ while I chilled

dinner was burgers, salad, and potatoes baked on the BBQ. Just perfect. I actually prefer these lazy dinners on the deck to eating out.

Something's gone wrong with the app so please see 2 comments below for the rest of the photos of when we went to the sunset later!

Edited at 02:49 AM.
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by scottishnellie - 28 Jun 19 12:27 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 12:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Wow, sounds excellent. Really looking forward to our longer break at Anna Maria this time. It looks bliss👍😄
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 02:47 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 05:27 AM  
Link to this Post
DollyDimples
Getting Excited

Looks like a lovely day apart from the rush for the boat trip. Great that you still ended up with your full 2 hour trip.

Glad you have got your bites under control now, must be a huge relief

The sunset pictures are great.
DollyDimples is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 06:46 AM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

Mobile

Another fabulous day - thanks for taking us to the beach.

The first time I encountered noseeums and or chiggers on Marco years ago I was bitten lumps out just like you.

If it's any consolation I never had a bad reaction like the first time again. Your immune system should be set up against them now.
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
4fromsuffolk
Very Serious Dibber

4fromsuffolk's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I love waking up and finding out what you all have been up to! Such a fab trip so far.

So glad your bites are better. What a lovely boat trip you had. Soon be time to go to Barb and Randy’s villa.
4fromsuffolk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Another lovely day and today’s sunset photos are fantastic. I’m like you, I prefer a relaxed meal too.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

A great day, the boat trip looked fun. Pleased you’ve had a bit relief from the bites!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

Perfect end to a lovely day 🐬