BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
The 3 Cabelleros - Day 10 Shopping And The Boardwalk.

We are all a bit tired and we have a big day planned for tomorrow so we decide to take it easy. We have a late breakfast in Perkins. Pancakes etc. We had a 20% voucher which meant it was very reasonable.

Molly's hearty man breakfast. I can't find the receipt but I think all this was $28

After breakfast we drove up to the premium outlet at the top of I drive, we went up palm parkway and along I drive which probably isn't the quickest but it's the way we know.

At the outlets, I wanted some new trousers and jeans, Molly bought pocket bacs in bath and body works (I'm now wondering if she can bring these as hand luggage as she bought loads of them) p, a brief stop In character warehouse which seemed smaller than before.
We had a look in Victoria secret and bought a few bras but it was nowhere as cheap as last time we were there and they had XS marked cheaper than Medium which was frustrating. We did still get a few. We also popped into old navy.

By third time we were hot and bothered so we had a Starbucks, and then we headed out. We drove bs k down a turkey lake road, and stopped in Walmart for some groceries, and then back to the boardwalk.

We were all hot and bothered by the time we got back so we went to the pool. The quiet pool at the Boardwalk is quite plain but it lives up to its name and it was quiet. We found some loungers and had a swim and I read my book for a while. It was a much needed dip.

Eventually we went back and got ready and I booked a table at Big River grille. I booked it at 7 for 7:30. When we went to the restaurant we were seated straight away and they were telling walk ups 50 minutes. I love that

We were sat out on the Boardwalk and the weather was cooler. And the atmosphere was lovely. It was really pleasant and very relaxing.

I had a fish sandwich, Phil had meatloaf and Molly had a salad. My sandwich was delicious, spicy but not hot, and really lovely fish inside.

We all enjoyed our meal and for me it felt a lot like a typical holiday, sat outside with the lake and people strolling by. Sometimes we can forget to relax when we are out here as there is so much to do.

We decided to walk around to Ample Hills for dessert and we all chose an ice cream cookie sandwich.
We found a table by the lake and sat and enjoyed them. Just as we finished Illuminations started so we walked up to the bridge to watch.

You can't see the whole show but you can hear the music and see the fireworks, there were a few people also watching on the bridge and it was a good atmosphere.

We finished our evening by walking past the yacht and beach to get back our room, it had been a really lovely evening.

These are getting a bit more estimated as we realised we haven't spent any cash and we don't want to take it home so we have started spending it.

The downside of that is I can't just check my credit card app for the amounts...

Perkins breakfast $28 + $5 tip
Shopping -

Pink - 5 sports bras. $46
Lane Bryant. 2 pairs work trousers and 2 pairs jeans. $171 This was using a variety of offers and discounts as well. They are however the only work trousers I like so I buy them every time we are here.

Old navy $30. Tracksuit bottoms and a pair of sunglasses
Starbucks. $15
Dinner $60
Ice cream $22

Walmart $87.92

$465.11

Not our most budget friendly day...

BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 02:17 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by BevS97 - 1 Aug 19 2:17 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A nice day relaxing and shopping

Joan
Old 1 Aug 19, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

A lovely day. Your Molly has the loveliest smile!
The food looks delicious - my mouth is watering at that ice cream cookie sandwich. So lovely to eat on the Boardwalk watching the world go by as well.
And don’t worry about it not being a budget-friendly day - if you’d planned a shopping day & got what you wanted clothes-wise then I think you’ve done pretty well. I wish I’d known about Lane Bryant when we were there as I always struggle with finding comfortable work trousers.
A lovely day all in all. 😊
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Big River grill’s food looks good.
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

A lovely relaxed day!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List