Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports Download the app for iOS or Android
Discount Florida Car Hire
Unread 9 Aug 19, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
VIP Dibber

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
The Center Parcs and DLP Bonanza T-Minus 2 Days

Full Trip Report Index here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/rep...php?userid=332

It's the calm before the storm. Literally. The wind is picking up here in deepest, darkest Dorset as a storm blows in.

Not sure if The Express headline writer had one too many this lunchtime (hell storms, anyone?) but our plans to attend The Ellingham Show (country fair) near Ringwood have been scuppered as it has been cancelled, as has all the racing round the Isle of Wight.

Welcome to summer 2019 people! 😂😂

But amidst all the inevitable weather chaos, our preparations for our roadtrip are almost complete.

Our lovely car (named Spacey Stacey 😂 ) is now sporting a new hat (firmly secured!)

She's had a good clean and polish and will get a hoover out later.

Just had a mild panic about the car insurance.

A quick call to the insurers and 25 lighter and we're fully insured for when we hit France.

The girls have just come back from the salon. This has always been Paula's tradition of getting her nails done before the big holiday each year.

This year, Izzy and Charlie joined her. Their first pedicure, and they loved it.

Sounds like an expensive tradition if you ask me!

Another tradition is the girls get to paint a fingernail of mine 😂😂

I think they did a pretty good job of it. The deal is the nail polish has to stay on all holiday.

We'll see! 😉

This little bad boy is waiting for us for later. It's a Fortnum & Mason Pouilly Fume that I got from a previous boss last year. Looking forward to demolishing that one later haha!

So the plan for tomorrow (amidst the gales) is to go to the cinema to watch the new Lion King and have a takeaway tomorrow night - we're not cooking, we're on holiday! Woop woop!

Husband to endlessly understanding wife. Dad to three amazing kids. Mobile cash point and family taxi. Any opinions expressed are usually my own, or borrowed from people more intelligent than me. Please make cheques payable to 'Cash'.
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 9 Aug 19, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by blusteryday - 9 Aug 19 1:07 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 19, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
SuziQz
Excited about Disney

Looking forward to reading along. We had a lovely week at CP Elveden in July. Longleat is nearer but Elveden is worth the drive to be flat lol. Woburn doesnt appeal as apparently it doesnt have the wildlife. We love waking up at Elveden to deer walking past the patio 🦌

Have a brilliant trip
2019 DCL - North Europe
2020 YC/HRH
SuziQz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
1st trip on DCL
Unread 9 Aug 19, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
VIP Dibber

blusteryday's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by SuziQz View Post
Looking forward to reading along. We had a lovely week at CP Elveden in July. Longleat is nearer but Elveden is worth the drive to be flat lol. Woburn doesnt appeal as apparently it doesnt have the wildlife. We love waking up at Elveden to deer walking past the patio 🦌

Have a brilliant trip
Haha thanks SuzyQz! Longleat is our local CP but that boardwalk can be a killer 😂😂

In other news, I just got absolutely drenched going to the shops. But its holiday rain, so it doesnt matter 😂😂
Husband to endlessly understanding wife. Dad to three amazing kids. Mobile cash point and family taxi. Any opinions expressed are usually my own, or borrowed from people more intelligent than me. Please make cheques payable to 'Cash'.
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 19, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Alllovedisney
Serious Dibber

Hopefully the wind storm doesnt cause you too many problems. Are you ferrying or tunnelling?

I will be really interested to hear what you think of Village Nature. We used it in 2017 when the pool at DCR was out of action. We were impressed by what we saw (and ate - Vapianos!) but Im keen to hear from someone who stays there in peak season.

Safe journey!

DLP (offsite) Sep 1998 WDW (offsite) Nov 2002 DLP (DCR) Jan 2005 DLP (DCR) Nov 2009 DLP (SF) Oct 2010 DLP (DLH) Feb 2013 St Petes & WDW (SSR) Sep/Aug 2016 DLP (DCR) Sep 2017 DLP (offsite Explorers) Dec 2017 DLP (DCR) May 2018 DLP (DCR) Sep 2018.
Alllovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 19, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
VIP Dibber

blusteryday's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by Alllovedisney View Post
Hopefully the wind storm doesnt cause you too many problems. Are you ferrying or tunnelling?

I will be really interested to hear what you think of Village Nature. We used it in 2017 when the pool at DCR was out of action. We were impressed by what we saw (and ate - Vapianos!) but Im keen to hear from someone who stays there in peak season.

Safe journey!
Ah! Couple of points of note. We're going to Center Parcs Elveden next week, then tunneling (not literally) to Davy Crockett Ranch w/c 19 Aug.

You can find my pre-trip report here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1139984

Would love to try Villages Nature at some point in the future for sure though.

blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 19, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Alllovedisney
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by blusteryday View Post
Ah! Couple of points of note. We're going to Center Parcs Elveden next week, then tunneling (not literally) to Davy Crockett Ranch w/c 19 Aug.

You can find my pre-trip report here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1139984

Would love to try Villages Nature at some point in the future for sure though.

Aha! I will give this a read tonight! We love the tunnel! Well, not as much as the holiday but you know what I mean!

Weve not done Eleveden only Sherwood. We did do one in Germany last year, and that was great!

Looking forward to reading along.

DLP (offsite) Sep 1998 WDW (offsite) Nov 2002 DLP (DCR) Jan 2005 DLP (DCR) Nov 2009 DLP (SF) Oct 2010 DLP (DLH) Feb 2013 St Petes & WDW (SSR) Sep/Aug 2016 DLP (DCR) Sep 2017 DLP (offsite Explorers) Dec 2017 DLP (DCR) May 2018 DLP (DCR) Sep 2018.
Alllovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 19, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Ooh good, the reports started! A shame about the air show. Fingers crossed that the weather doesnt scupper any other plans. Have a great holiday- looking forward to reading along with you!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Take me back, pleeeeeaaase!
US Rent A Car