Notices

Old 25 Aug 19, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
sarmori
Gone all Goofy

sarmori's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
From Pacific to Atlantic - August 2019: Day 13 (Typhoon Lagoon and Hollywood Studios)

We woke up at about 7.30am, and we had a text from my mum saying that finally an envelope had arrived with DS GCSE results! We FaceTimed with Mum while she opened it and he had done really well so we were all very pleased and proud of him. It was good to finally have the news as we had been waiting a few days beyond when we thought they would come through.

I went down to the Bellevue lounge to get some pastries for breakfast, taking some pictures of the hotel as I went (starting to get the end of holiday blues!).

The weather looked beautiful this morning and according to the forecast there was no chance of a thunderstorm until about 2pm so we headed to Typhoon Lagoon this morning.

We got to the park just after 10am and hit the water slides - we had great fun! They had a photopass photographer at the bottom of one of them so we got some pictures.

We spent some time on the lazy river, although it couldn't be described as lazy when you experience it with my family - splashing and trying to steer you into the squirting water and waterfall bits.

We went into the wave pool and all went fairly near the rope at the front where the wave comes out - it is so much less crowded up there and you are much less likely to either barrel into someone else or scrape yourself along the bottom of the pool which is always as rough as sandpaper.

We got some lunch - kids had hot dogs and DH and I had a sausage in a baguette with sweet chilli sauce. I wasn't expecting much from the water park food but this was actually delicious. We went back on the slides a couple of weeks and then we decided to go back to the hotel. We got changed and got on the bus - which took absolutely ages to get back as it stood at the stop for ages waiting for a driver then did 4 stops before ours. DS was freezing by the time we got back as he hadn't taken shorts to get changed into and so he was wearing damp board shorts all of that time on the air conditioned bus. Brrrrr!

We relaxed in the room for a while then got ready to go out for dinner.

We caught the friendship boat over to Hollywood Studios and went to the Hollywood Brown Derby for our dinner reservation. I had a Derby Mojito and the kids both had a non alcoholic cocktail - DD a Shirley Temple and DS a Pink Palace (obviously in touch with his feminine side - but he declared it the best drink of the holiday).

At the Hollywood Brown Derby.

For dinner DH, DS and I had fillet steak and DD had chicken. All were very nice although DD didn't like the polenta that came with her chicken (so I swapped it for the mashed potato on my plate).

We just missed the boat back to the Boardwalk so we took a walk back. It was a lovely evening so we didn't mind the walk - we were taking everything in and appreciating it at the end of our last full day.

Heading back to the Boardwalk. You can see the new Skyliner station on the left hand side.

More skyliner and my DS.

Tower of terror at twilight.

Swan hotel silhouette at twilight.

Final shot of the Boardwalk in the evening - doesn't it look lovely?

sarmori is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by sarmori - 2 Sep 19 9:58 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List