Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports Download the app for iOS or Android
Holiday to Florida with Florida4less
Unread 3 Oct 19, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 49

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Dreaming, Then The Beach Club Day 18

Day 18 - Wednesday Sept 18th - and home.

Well, our last balcony breakfast before we (this means I) finished the packing, managed to get all of the shopping safely in the cases and bags, and did a sweep for things we usually leave behind, then we rang Bell services to come and take our bags. For anyone doing this, remember to have a stack of $1 bills, as you tip the one who collects it, the one who brings it out when the bus is here, and the bus driver who unloads it all. It's usually $1 per bag each. We had 5 bags, so around $15 but worth it as it's taken care of, and no lifting of heavy bags. We also gave them bags of British sweets that we'd brought for our (non existent) cruise.
Once that was sorted we wandered into Epcot, past the Skyliner which was moving but not yet in use, for a FP on Frozen. We've only been on it once before and noticed lots more details this time. Spaceship Earth was next, then another look in the Art of Disney.
There are even more barriers up already, it's a bit like an obstacle course in places as you go across the central area towards the World Showcase.
We watched the Mariachi band in Mexico and spent a couple of snack credits (for the airport) in Germany before going to Chefs de France for lunch. We were 5 mins early and seated immediately, this never happens at Chefs! Our server, Maxime, was a delight, he definitely earned a good tip, the steaks were just right and at last I had a great Creme brle.
After lunch we popped in for another show of Impressions de France, then stumbled upon a Character palooza where we had pics with Mr Penguin and Tigger. There were 6 characters out only for around 15 mins.
We went back to BC, spent our last 2 credits on drinks for the bus and waited for the Tragical Express to collect us.
Our flight was on time, and we survived the 5 hour drive back to the NE. Now I need to sort out our refund from Disney Cruise Line, hopefully it goes smoothly as I've read of others having problems.
Hope you've enjoyed my trip. X

TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Beach Club, and Grand Floridian surprise
Unread 3 Oct 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by MrsBC - 3 Oct 19 9:22 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 19, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

A relaxing last day.

Good luck with your refund. I'm waiting for the form to become available to claim back a Thomas Cook holiday we had booked for December, apparently it's coming on line on Monday, was supposed to be last Monday! Anyway I'm not too worried.

Thank you for taking the time to share your holiday. I've really enjoyed it all. I like your style of doing it with the information at the start and the photos to follow.
Unread 4 Oct 19, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed reading along, thanks for writing.
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday.Return visit
Unread 4 Oct 19, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 49

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
A relaxing last day.

Good luck with your refund. I'm waiting for the form to become available to claim back a Thomas Cook holiday we had booked for December, apparently it's coming on line on Monday, was supposed to be last Monday! Anyway I'm not too worried.

Thank you for taking the time to share your holiday. I've really enjoyed it all. I like your style of doing it with the information at the start and the photos to follow.
Originally Posted by Inky View Post
Thoroughly enjoyed reading along, thanks for writing.
Thanks for reading! We got our full refund through this week - we had already spent most of it booking the 5 extra nights onsite / food and drink
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Beach Club, and Grand Floridian surprise
Unread 4 Oct 19, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Apprentice Imagineer

Lovely trip, shame about the cruise. Thanks for taking the time to write. I have enjoyed reading along
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Dubai for our 20th anniversary
Unread 4 Oct 19, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thank you very much for taking the time to do your trippie I have really enjoyed reading along.

Shame about the cruise and I hope you soon get your refund sorted.

Joan
Unread 5 Oct 19, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for sharing. Really enjoyed reading your trip report 😊
My Magic Holiday