dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Dixonsontour does DDP 2019 Dining Review COMPLETE

Intro

We stayed at All Star Music Resort for 10 nights in October 2019.

Just myself and DD age 13. Our first trip just the two of us.

We have been lucky enough to go every year to Florida. Last two years we have done Universal and MNSSHP. We last did a Disney trip three years ago when DD was 10 so were looking forward to Disney.

As you will see from my photos DD was born without her left arm below elbow. She manages amazingly well and doesn't let this stop her doing things.

DD is fussy when it comes to food (understatement!) She likes plain stuff, kids options and doesn't do sauce or spice.

I eat most things but have been doing Slimming World since January 2019 and lost 5 stone in 8 months and got to target in August. Ive gone from a size 18/20 to a 10/12. I've maintained at target for 3 months so far.

If you want to follow my Slimmingworld I post pics of all my food on instagram as stephaniefiona_sw.

Disney would be my first time off plan. I got 3 lb below target (At Slimming World you can be 3lb either side of target and don't pay as long as you stay in that target zone) I mentally decided to eat and drink what I wanted on holiday and deal with it when I got back. I wasn't counting syns on holiday!

I put 6lb on so still weighed in target zone on my first week back. I was pleased with a gain of just 6lb for 12 days fully off plan.

But that said I was worried about my stomach having not had fried stuff and rich food for months. So I did have what I wanted but was mindful. I definitely ate less. DD and I often shared as she prefers to eat little and often. This worked out well drink wise as I often had an alcoholic drink with her QS and another with mine. DD is happy to drink the free iced water and of course had enough diet coke at table service and in her refill mug.

I don't drink a lot but do like a cocktail so took advantage of the included alcoholic drinks. I think I had a cocktail with every meal!
I only booked this year so free dining had ended but It was cheaper to stay at a value resort and pay for DDP than book a moderate with free ddp as it was the 2 of us.

We had never stayed at All Star Music before. We have stayed twice at All Star Movies when dd was age 3 and 7 and liked it.

I did think about QS but in the end went for DDP.

We have done DDP several times before and DxDDP once. Last time was 3 years ago at AKL so we'd not done DDP with 2 snacks or alcohol before.

Having done it I think we will do QS next time for reasons I'll explain as I go along.

I wanted dining plan not oop as I like to be prepaid and didn't want to be watching the pennies. I like the all inclusive feel of having the dining plan. We were onsite no car so I knew food would be expensive
It cost £54.99 a night each. This works out at $71 a night at current exchange rate.

I'll try and tally up what we would have spent. I've got receipts but of course the ddp ones just show 0.

Thanks for reading hope you enjoy.

Edited at 11:24 PM.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Travel Day

First Breakfast

Last breakfast at home. I had some 0% greek yoghurt, raspberries and blueberries with some sweet freedom choc shot syrup. Think DD had a pain au chocolat.

Breakfast Terminal 2 Manchester Airport

Frankie and Bennys

There isn't a lot of choice at Terminal 2. We've eaten here before and it was fine. Today was probably the best breakfast I've had here.

I had the All American breakfast with a pot of tea and DD pancakes with bacon and tap water.

Cost £22.45.

I thought the food and service was good and price was reasonable for what we had.

You can see Slimmingworld has been forgotten and i've not even left England yet!

WH Smith

Bought DD a plain simply ham sandwich for the plane as she never eats plane food. Got this as a meal deal with skips and a bottle of water. Sorry no receipt no idea of price. Boots used to do a just ham sandwich too but didn't have any.

Virgin Manchester to Atlanta

Food was ok. No fab lolly anymore.

Gin and tonic and Pretzels to start.

I had macaroni cheese which was ok and a Gu caramel pot . DD had a kids meal tomato pasta but didn't eat it.

Afternoon tea, hers was a cheese and ham finger sandwich and same scone and jam as adults. Mine was pesto roll and scone and jam. Pesto roll bit of an odd choice. I did eat DD's scone and mine. There was turbulence before landing and I did feel a bit sick, too much food plus turbulence.

Generous with drinks I had a couple of gin and tonics and white wine with meal. DD had diet coke.

Atlanta airport

We just got a bottle of water buy there was lots of food choice inc a chick fil a in terminal where we waited for connection.

Atlanta to Orlando Delta flight

There was a drink service and they were giving out cookies and crackers but it stopped before it got to us due to turbulance.

All Star Music Intermission Foodcourt

We were in broadway at the back of resort so a good 5 mins walk to foodcourt.

I'd already seen they did alcoholic milkshakes. I'd not got my ID with me the first night and the lady making the milkshake ID'd me so we went back to the room for my ID. DD was not impressed but I had my eye on that milkshake! After that I had my ID but was never ID'd at the park QS or at any table service. I was asked for ID once more at the foodcourt. I'm 44.

So I got a jam session alcoholic strawberry milkshake and DD got chicken tenders and fries.

The milkshake was excellent. Strawberry icecream, with sprinkles and frangelico (hazelnut liqueur) with whipped cream and more sprinkes.

We loved the foodcourt. It was clean and staff were friendly. There was booth and table seating. If you walked further back to a booth it wasn't busy and was pleasant place to sit. Sometimes staff came along with a trolley and offered free lemonade or coffee.

Free strawberry lemonade the first night.

At night they had a section offering proper meals like grilled chicken, green beans and mashed potatoes or seafood pasta. It always looked nice but we never tried it.

DD loves disney chicken tenders. They are very similar to Macdonalds. They were always freshly cooked and generous portion. They also did burgers too.

Again we never tried the pizza but they did the big family style pizzas for 2 QS credits and individual slices.

They also had bakery cases with breakfast pastries and cakes and fridges with fruit, yoghurt and salads.

All the food looked good and it was never too busy. They did mobile order for some food options but we only used mobile order once.

If we stay here again with QS I'd definitely eat at the foodcourt more. It was ideal for DD, lots she could eat and suits us to be able to order different things but eat together.

We got our refill mugs they were included in DDP. Should be $19.99 each plus tax.

They had 4 designs to chosse from inc a halloween one. I got a pink one, DD a black one.

Used 1 QS. 19 QS credits to go.

I recall with tax my milkshake and the chicken tenders meal was just under $28

4 tenders and fries are $10.49 plus tax and the milkshake $15 plus tax.

We shared the food and headed off to bed.

Cost day 1

2 mugs $42.78 inc tax

1 x QS $28

Total $70.78
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Fab start! Looking forward to reading along
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

You’ve made a great start!

Congratulations on loosing so much weight, very impressive.

Following along 😃

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Pleased to see you’ve started. Looking forward to reading more
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Great start looking forward to seeing all the cocktails 🍹 you have (purely for research). Have to agree food court at All Star Music is really good.
Old 19 Nov 19, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Day 1

Thursday 17th October 2019

Breakfast

Chef Mickey's Contemporary Resort 1 TS each

We traditionally start with a Chef Mickey's 7am adr on day 1 if we are onsite with DDP.

I did think twice as EMH was from 7am at MK but decided to go with it as DD was keen and at least I knew there would be transportation.

We had just missed a bus and had a wait for the next one. Looking back this was one of the longest waits for a bus.

We got to MK on the bus and walked across to the Contemporary. I could see the path but couldn't figure out how to get to it wiithout going through the massive lines for bag check to MK. So we walked towards Contemporary through the bus station and managed to get across to the path in the end. We were running just over 15 mins late but it was fine.

Breakfast is now $49 a person plus tax. It was $40 when we last did it 3 years ago.

After checking in you have some photos taken by the photopass photographer and then wait to be seated. The sun was starting to come up.

As I was on DDP and over 21 I was also able to get a cocktail. I went for the Cranberry Orange Mimosa $13. Very nice start to the holiday. Think DD had water and I also had coffee.

Food was lovely lots of choice. Out of all the breakfast buffets we did this had the best selection of food. There was also a separate bar with mickey waffles and every topping you could think of.

We met all the chatracters, the cm with them made sure we saw them all.

We were in a small side part near the buffet, it was convenient and not too noisy.

View from our table

Overall this was my favourite buffet breakfast and I'll definitely come again if we have DDP.

My favourites were the cheesy potatoes but I also enjoyed eggs benedict, smoked salmon, asparagus, potatoes with peppers and onions, fruit and yoghurt and granola.

DD's plate

I also loved the mickey sundae bar. They had Mickey and Minnie waffles and every topping you could think of plus caramel and chocolate sauce. I had two waffles for pudding with whipped cream.

DD wouldn't do her traditional photo with her face through the Mickey on the chair.

Great start to the holiday and one of my favourite meals of the trip.

Total inc tax was $118.22 plus tip

We paid 2 TS credits and cash for tip. 18 TS credits to go.

Snacks

Now with having a big breakfast we didn't want any snacks. We just stopped once for some free iced water.

I took some photos of snacks as we passed intending to go back but in most cases never did.

Sunshine Tree Terrace

Aloha Isle

Ice cream cart

Big Top Treats

Old 19 Nov 19, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Plaza Ice Cream Parlour

Storybook Treats

We found with having TS meals we weren't always hungry for snacks. I'm thinking QS next time may suit us then we can snack around the parks.

Cheshire Cat cafe

I used our first snack credit on a Wonderland slushie from the Cheshire Cat cafe in MK near teacups. This was raspberry and grape flavour with a candy coated straw. DD hated it, thought it tasted like medicine. It was very very sweet. I had some but then threw it away.

Cost 1 snack credit 39 to go

$5.99 plus tax $6.38

Lunch

Tony's MK Parade Package 1 TS each

I'd booked this as we had enjoyed it last time. It was the only day we would be in MK for the parade. So not ideal to do it after Chef Mickey's breakfast but I thought we would be ok as Chef Mickey was at 7am. Think our Tony's adr was 12.30pm.

The package is $54 plus tax and gets you 3 courses plus a soft drink. On DDP you can also have an additional alcoholic drink.

I asked to be seated in Conservatory as I'd liked that last time. Its light and airly like Crystal Palace. The windows have cute Lady and the Tramp details.

I had the $11 wine cocktail (A bellini with raspberry) and water. DD had diet coke.

We had a nice big table and server was good.

DD wasn't very hungry. I wasn't very hungry either but it was nice to have a break in the a/c.

We were given bread and oil to start. I tried a little but didn't want to fill up. Dd wouldn't eat it as it had fennel seeds in.

As the parade package has 3 courses we went for it. I had the caprese salad and DD the fried mozzarella. My salad was ok not amazing I had a little bit. DD's was lovely. She didn't like it due to her fussyness so I had some of hers. I'd definitely chose this if I went back to Tony's.

DD ordered the chicken alfredo with no herbs and I had the steak with balsalmic and bacon marmalade cooked medium. I asked for extra veg not mashed potatoes and this wasn't a problem.

Now we did have a wait for the main. We were fine as our only plans after lunch were to meet Mickey next door with a FP then the 2pm parade in the reserved area.

The server kept us topped up with drinks and it was nice to just sit. She came over after a bit and apologised and said she had spoken to the kitchen. The manager also came over to check we were ok. It wasn't a problem for us at all, a wait before more food actually suited us better. The server was lovely and gave us a FP good for any MK ride to make up for the wait (which we used on 7 dwarves as we hadn't been able to get a FP today for that)

My steak was lovely and nice to have vegetables. One of my favourite main meals of the trip. DD enjoyed the chicken and ate a little bit of pasta, it was a huge portion.

For dessert I had tiramisu and DD raspberry sorbet. Again these were big portions but we had a little and they were lovely.

Overall really enjoyed Tony's. Like the location, atmosphere in the restaurant, food and service were very good plus stuff fussy DD would eat (they also do pizza)

They give you 2 paper tickets for the reserved parade viewing area. The resrved area is just across from the restaurant near the flagpole looking up main street.

Cost $126.74 plus tip or 2 TS credits and tip. 16 TS to go.

It's great value on DDP as you get 3 courses and the reserved parade seating for 1 TS.

Goofy's Candy Co, Disney Springs

We spent the evening at Disney Springs. We both used a snack credit each on a create your own Marshmallow Crispy treat. I had mini m & ms and DD had chocolate chips.

Cost 2 snack credits $5.49 x 2 plus tax $11.69

Deluxe Burger Disney Springs

Now my plan had been Blaze for DD and Polite Pig for me. Both were really busy though, Blaze in particular had a really long line and we were tired.

We decided to both go to Deluxe burger instead.

I had the southern burger cooked medium well $13.49. This had fried green tomato, lettuce, onion, bacon and pimento cheese.

DD had a chicken burger (plain) $12.49.

I'd eyed up a godiva alcoholic milkshake but they didn't do it anymore despite it still being on the menu so I made an on the spot choice of a chocolate bourbon milkshake $16. DD had a non alcoholic s'mores shake $7.50.

We didn't use a snack credit for fries as we weren't massively hungry.

DD really enjoyed her burger and ate it all. Mine was good but same as the last time I had deluxe burger I did think it was greasy.

My shake was good but very strong (I don't usually drink bourbon!) DD's was nice but very very sweet. We also had some free cups of water.

Used 2 QS credits.

Should have been $49.48 plus tax $52.70

Day 1

2 TS Breakfast $118.22

2 TS Lunch $126.74

2 QS Dinner $52.70

3 Snacks $6.38 and $11.69

Total $315.73
Old 19 Nov 19, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
Fab start! Looking forward to reading along
Thank you

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
You’ve made a great start!

Congratulations on loosing so much weight, very impressive.

Following along 😃

Kat
Thank you

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Pleased to see you’ve started. Looking forward to reading more
Thanks

Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
Great start looking forward to seeing all the cocktails 🍹 you have (purely for research). Have to agree food court at All Star Music is really good.
Thank you. I think I had a cocktail with every meal. We were really impressed by the foodcourt.
Old 19 Nov 19, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Yay so happy to see this today, I love your food reports x

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List