Notices

Old 2 Dec 19, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Sleigh Bells Ring, are you listening...

Afternoon Dibbers, I’m a bit late to the Pre Trippy party this year, it’s only 22 sleeps away!

I guess we booked this trip at the beginning of February when the Christmas flights were released and had time to calm down a bit from release day prices! This time we’ve ended up flying BA into Miami on Christmas Day. No problem as we have guests in the villa till Boxing Day.

Flying Business Class again this time which we got for a really good price compared to Virgin Upper Class. Booked as a flydrive so unfortunately the car hire is with Avis again but beggars can’t be choosers, hopefully no issues this time!

Our flight is 9.35 am from Heathrow so we have booked the Premier Inn, Bath Road for the night before, cost £34. I finish work at 12 noon and we’re driving straight to the airport, after I’ve changed out of my pyjamas of course. Parking is at Heathrow Long Stay, £111 for 23 nights.

First night will be at the Springhill Suites in Jupiter which is about half way up to the villa, looks nice, was £82 including breakfast.

So around August time we are chatting with Jane, my aunt that often joins us, flights are hunted out and booked. She will be joining us along with her hubby Chris. They are flying Christmas Day too, Marseille to Heathrow in the morning then catching the 2.30 flight to Miami, they’ve booked the same hotel in Jupiter for the night as well.

But something happened whilst I was checking flights for Jane! I noticed that on our flight First Class was £800 cheaper than business class! I’m on the phone as quick as lightening! The upshot of which is that I’ve upgraded our outbound flights to First Class for the princely sum of £200 each!😳
I left the return flights in Business class till richard called me all sorts of names and told me to get back on the phone and he’d pay for the inbound upgrade! Couldn’t get through till the follow8g morning at which point the girl said the upgrade inbound was £750 each😢 I declined and said I’d keep my lovely Business seat. Hold on, she said, how about £150 each? I nearly dropped the phone!
So for the price of £350 each to upgrade we are flying First Class both ways and I’m sooooo excited!

We have booked our seats for free as a Richard is disabled, row 4 in the middle so get to sit next to each other, it’s the first row behind the table but there’s only 2 rows in the middle anyway.

I literally spend the next two days watching You Tube!

I have a Laura Ashley gift card so I treat myself to my new Trippy book and pen.

We have some things planned with friends and an owners meet up or 2! I’ll post updates soon.

TTFN x

Edited at 04:22 PM.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 19, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Sounds fab, looking forward to your report! Fantastic bargain on business class, I'm well jealous! We are going via Miami in June with BA as we got a great deal with them (no business class though lol)

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Selina. Well done on the upgrades. Always nice to get a bargain!

Have a great holiday and don't work too hard out there. Looking forward to reading your report.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Amazing prices for First class. Well done. I’m looking forward to reading another of your trip reports x

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Got to love a bargain. Looking forward to reading along.
Old 2 Dec 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Eeeeeek.

Can’t wait to see you guys xxx
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

Wowzers what a fantastic price! I always enjoy your trip reports so much...Can't wait 😊
pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Amazing prices - lovely to see people getting a ‘proper bargain’ as ‘sales’ these days seem to be expensive. Look forward to the trippie.
Old 2 Dec 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by claireyfairy8 View Post
Eeeeeek.

Can’t wait to see you guys xxx
We can’t wait to see you too and meet Michael. I must remember to ring Disney next week to confirm boat times! Xx
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
So, we have a couple of things planned apart from cleaning the villa carpet, putting a new sink in the guest bathroom and some painting!

We’ve booked a fireworks cruise on Boxing Day, pick up is the Grand Floridian and after cruising Bay Lake eating snacks and drinks we will be watching the Magic Kingdom fireworks. We did this a few years ago and loved it, this time we are sharing the boat with my aunt and hubby and the lovely Claireyfairy8, her boyfriend Michael and parents Jim and Denise. We talk a lot but haven’t seen each other since May so we’re looking forward to this so much.

We’ve also booked Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian as well, we love this and have done it a couple of times. This is in January when it’s just the two of us.

I think there’s at least 2 owners meet ups as well, lots of our friends are over at the same time so that will all be good fun too.

We may do a theme park, we may not, that’s under discussion at the moment!

TTFN x