Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 30 Dec 19, 02:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Sleigh bells ring are you listening... Day 3, villa stuff

So we’re up before the crack of dawn, nothing unusual there!

Breakfast of Champions - Frosties!

We have a Villa day planned which includes a visit to every owners favourite theme park, Lowes, no fast pass required!

We head down there at about 8.45. Several tins of paint are purchased, along with lots of electric socket cover plates and a sink. Somehow the bill is $162😳
I know you like to see inside these stores so I took a quick photo for you!

Next stop is Starbucks which is almost next door, very handy! I have my first white chocolate mocha of the trip.

We also have a sneaky pastry, the bill is $14, it’s lovely to be able to sit outside in the sun.
It’s been quite overcast but still very warm, the car temp tells us it’s 80 degrees when we get back in.

Next door to Walmart, we buy some food, headache tablets and a belt for the hoover.
Incidentally we bought 800 pain killers, half ibuprofen and half paracetamol, no one bats an eyelid but back home two packs of 16 is your limit!

Back to the villa and Richard puts the belt on the Hoover, it works, that’s saved us a lot of money!

I start putting the new cover plates on the walls. We grab a ham sarnie for lunch

After lunch we head to ‘At Home’, another villa owners theme park! I manage to spend another $102, I did have a 15% off coupon as well. We bought a canvas for the lounge wall, mugs, wine glasses, ornaments and an ice cream scoop! You guys are buying Mickey ears and I’m buying an ice cream scoop!🤷

There a stuff all over the place in the villa, the things on the sofa are what we bought from home, including the lovely Eeyore one of my staff gave me for the Villa.

One if my friends who owns a pool company pops round to give me a second opinion on some stains on our pool surface, we spend about an hour chatting.
The doorbell rings and it’s one of the guys employed by my MC dropping off a tall ladder, we have some very high walls to paint!
We have a chilled evening with salad and a flatbread for tea, followed by crackers and cheese. I bought some very expensive Scottish cheese in Publix, worth every penny as it s really strong and actually tastes like cheese!

Chatting to my friend Claire online and it looks like we’re out for breakfast in the morning! Sorry for the boring day for you all.

TTFN xx
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 19, 03:00 AM  
Link to this Post
PerksP
Imagineer

This made me smile. Yesterday was very similar to your today - in fact, switch At Home for Kirklands and it was identical Our today was painting walls and switching out pillows and bedding.

More of the same tomorrow and then off to Clearwater for New Year's Eve.
PerksP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 19, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We villa owners lead such exciting life’s but at least we don’t have to go far for Lowes theam Park it’s at he bottom of the street for us
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Selina. A typical Villa Owners day, you Guys work so hard. Well done

I did chuckle about the cheese and finding a decent one. I know this has been posted about regularly and I do know America does produce decent cheese but it's not easy to find is it.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Another very busy day - one of my ‘must haves’ from Florida is pain killers. Lots of people return with expensive goodies - mine is painkillers 😂
Old 30 Dec 19, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I didn't know about the pain killers, that's great.

Funny we tend to go to Home Depot rather than Lowe's, no idea why possibly location?

I love At Home as well, how did you get a voucher please?

Have a wonderful break, you certainly deserve it.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 19, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A busy villa owners day

Joan
Old 30 Dec 19, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I didn't know about the pain killers, that's great.

Funny we tend to go to Home Depot rather than Lowe's, no idea why possibly location?

I love At Home as well, how did you get a voucher please?

Have a wonderful break, you certainly deserve it.
Hi Sue, sign up on their website and you’ll get emailed vouchers etc x
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 19, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Magnolia dream
Trainee Dibber

Funny as it seems, hubby actually looks forward to the DIY needed in the villa and gets loads done.
Last trip was only a week for a well needed break, but we still managed a trip to Lowes, normal new towels, sheet count and renew etc.
Hoping to do a 16 day break this year to finish painting the outside, both sides done, just the fiddly back and front now.
Old 2 Jan 20, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Melvin Pearce
Imagineer

Melvin Pearce's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Other owner who is in Lowes all the time.

We will be painting inside and out and like you checking the sheets and pillowcases.

Lesley and Melvin