Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Unread 19 Jan 20, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Very Serious Dibber

Florida: the next episode August 2020 Pre Trip Report.

Finally it is time to start my Pre trip report.

We are a family of 5 and this will be our 3rd trip to the magic. We are:
Jo (me) Mum and chief planning fanatic.
Ollie Dad, just goes along with the trips to keep his girls happy.

Robyn (16 - 17 by our trip) a typical teenager at times but generally a lovely sensible and kind young lady. Declares herself too old for the characters but secretly loves Eeyore and Chip and Dale.

Harriet (15 or will be by the time we go) usually known as Hattie she is a thoughtful, intelligent and crazy girl but has a terrible stubborn streak! She especially loves Tigger and all things Harry Potter.

Evie (12 by the time we go) a creative, imaginative and loving soul who loves Snow White and the seven dwarfs, especially Dopey.

As I enjoyed Goldia's history in her PTR so much, I thought I would do my own.

Our Disney journey began in June 2009 when we decided to take the girls to DLP. Robyn was 6, Hattie 4 and Evie 1. Before this we wouldn't have called ourselves Disney fans but we had a fantastic time and suffered badly from the Disney blues when we returned home.

Soon after we were home we booked up to return the following May/June. This time Hattie had her 5th birthday on the day we arrived, Robyn was 7 and Evie was 2.

We couldn't wait to get back and managed to find a deal too good to turn down so squeezed in another sneaky trip to see the Christmas magic just as the girls finished school in December.

In 2011 we went again in May/June and were lucky enough to have friends come with us. Robyn was 8, Hattie turned 6 on the trip and Evie was 3. It was our best trip yet and there was no sign yet of us getting bored.

In August we found another deal and were back yet again for our first offsite trip with annual passes too this time.

Surprise, surprise it was back again in May/June this year. By now Robyn was 9, Hattie 7 and Evie 4.

After this trip we contemplated one more trip before our annual passes expired but decided that we really wanted to try Florida so we needed to do some serious saving.

Finally in 2015 we were able to fulfil our dream. Robyn was 12, Hattie 10 and Evie 7.

We flew direct with Virgin and stayed 4 nights club level at RPR followed by 14 nights at OKW. Of course we always knew that this was unlikely to be a once in a lifetime trip and were eager to book again as soon as we got back. Saving started again in earnest.

Thankfully we only had two years to wait until we could return. This time we stayed 3 nights offsite, 12 nights at AKL Kidani Villas and 4 nights club level at PBH.

The urge was still strong to return but unfortunately ordinary life took over and here we are just over 6th months away from our 3rd trip.
jothp is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Here we go again...
Unread 20 Jan 20, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
Apprentice Imagineer

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What lovely family photos! You must be getting super excited now, not long til ADR day and then the time just flies from there.

Im looking forward to following along on your adventures
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Austin Texas here we come!
Unread 20 Jan 20, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
What lovely family photos! You must be getting super excited now, not long til ADR day and then the time just flies from there.

Im looking forward to following along on your adventures
Thanks for reading my ramblings. Looking back at all the old photos certainly made me feel nostalgic. I'll be at work all day, but I plan to start posting this year's plans this evening.
jothp is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Here we go again...
Unread 20 Jan 20, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Lovely photos. Looking forward to reading more of your plans
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Portofino Bay, Beach Club and villa
Unread 20 Jan 20, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
VIP Dibber

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Fab pre-trip report! Happy planning
tink111 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our Magical Florida Holiday...
Unread 20 Jan 20, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
Lovely photos. Looking forward to reading more of your plans
Thanks for reading along. I'm glad I took inspiration from Goldia for the history as it was great fun looking back at all the old photos and wondering where the years had gone.

Originally Posted by tink111 View Post
Fab pre-trip report! Happy planning
Thanks for reading.
Here we go again...
Unread 20 Jan 20, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Sounds like a great trip you have planned!

Its pretty addictive this Florida lark! 😂

Kat
WDW Onsite: OKW! - 2 Bed Villa October 2018
WDW onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Half Term In New York X
Unread 20 Jan 20, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Hurrah you thought of a name! I'm hoping to have started a trend with the 'our Disney holiday history' section of the pre trip. It's so nice to look through the old photos, your girls are all gorgeous I love the photos of them when they were little compared to now in their HP robes.

I can't wait to read all about your plans, yay! I'm so excited.

Currently writing
Yo Ho, A Disney Life for Me - Summer 2020 pre trip

Now complete
The Bare Necessities Summer 2019

Washington DC October 2019

All my old trip reports are here in one place
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
6th time lucky, CBR again