Go Back   theDIBB - Disney With A British Accent > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Unread 22 Jan 20, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Mo&Chris
VIP Dibber

1207 between my last MOTs, and a recommendation that I drive more miles!

Half the issue is while I need it for my own commute, if we go anywhere as a couple, it's easier to use Chris's for accessibility.

It's a 10 plate, btw, and still under 20k miles.

/Mo
Mo&Chris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Let the planning begin!
Unread 22 Jan 20, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
The Golfer
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
when i lived in Florida I clocked up 189K in 12mths
Unread 22 Jan 20, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

My mileage was never that high and I live in a City and most f what I do is close by.
Since retiring, I am using my bicycle for most journeys and my milage will reduce much further to maybe 1200 miles per year. I will cycle more this year than drive. Keeping my milage low will help my car keep its value.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 20, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

Yeah my RAV4 is a seven years old and I've just clocked 17000
Unread 22 Jan 20, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by The Golfer View Post
when i lived in Florida I clocked up 189K in 12mths
@15k a month !
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 20, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
My mileage was never that high and I live in a City and most f what I do is close by.
Since retiring, I am using my bicycle for most journeys and my milage will reduce much further to maybe 1200 miles per year. I will cycle more this year than drive. Keeping my milage low will help my car keep its value.
kudos for the cycling although a car that does @100 mile a month whilst has low mileage would really need to be driven a bit more to keep it in top condition, especially if its a diesel..
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 20, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
paw
Imagineer

I have a 65 plate Aygo. No sooner had I bought it than my knee went, followed by a couple of years when I couldnt bend it so couldnt get in / out / change gear. Had my knee replaced, on some days I still find it hard to bend enough to change gear.

Result, it has only done 3,000 miles and most of those are DH taking it out a couple of times a week. I wouldnt be without it though - I bought it outright, no tax and low insurance and there if I need it. DH has an automatic but Im not happy driving it.
paw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Florida at Easter
Unread 22 Jan 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
kudos for the cycling although a car that does @100 mile a month whilst has low mileage would really need to be driven a bit more to keep it in top condition, especially if its a diesel..
It is a petrol. It isn't the milage that keeps the condition, but regular use so things dont seize. And a decent run now an again.
At sale time, for the type of car, it's the milage and service history will matter. Along as it still looks perfect.

Edited at 08:26 PM.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote