Notices

Old 21 Feb 20, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

Ok Let's Try This With A Baby - Feb/March 2020 - Day 3

Woke up at 6am this morning. We took things abit slower getting ready this morning as we were in no rush to get to Epcot. This morning's breakfast was pop tarts and coffee. I must remember to get a box of these to take home with us.

We gathered together our stuff and left for Epcot around 8.45, the international festival of the arts is on for the next week or so so we were keen to check out some of the art and little activities specially set up for the festival. The car park wasn't too busy when we arrived but bag check had some huge queues. Epcot is currently undergoing a huge transformation and the entrance is a bit of a mess at the moment, there's construction walls everywhere and they're knocking the buildings in the middle around the old fountain of nations down. We walk round through the construction walls and it brought us out round the back of innovations near mission space, there's a temporary mouse gears here and we popped in to pick up our passholder magnets for the festival of the arts.

We walked round through future world and across to figment of the imagination for our first fastpass. After getting off we played on a few of the interactive features then made our way to spaceship earth for our next fastpass, we arrived slightly early and noticed Pluto was just round the corner so went to meet him. While in the queue goofy came out and set up a meet and greet just along from Pluto so we hopped over to see him first. DS was loving goofys nose and was trying to eat it.

Spaceship earth had an hours queue when we went to ride it so we were very thankful for our fastpass! After spaceship earth it was time for DSs bottle so we headed over to the baby care centre. These are such great facilities with baby changing areas, feeding areas and quiet places to sit and chill away from the madness.

After DS was fed and sorted it was our turn, as regal eagle smokehouse had just opened yesterday we thought we'd give it a try for lunch. The menu all looked really good! We settled on the combo platter where you picked 3 different meats and a side and it was served with a piece of garlic bread. We got the chicken, sausage and ribs. The sausage was tasty but ridiculously small, there were 2 ribs and they were quite dried out and chewy, the chicken was very bloody in the middle and we left it as we were unsure if it was a vein or it wasn't cooked. We got this with a side of house made pickles, these were absolutely delicious!

We also got the smoked pork butt platter which came with a choice of side and a piece of garlic bread. The pork butt was really good but a tiny portion. We had Thai with fries and these were sprinkled with paprika and really tasty.

The total came to $33.53 and for the quality and quantity of the food we were extremely disappointed. This is not somewhere we will return to in a hurry.

DH was still hungry after we finished so headed off to get us a funnel cake to share. He came back with a cookie and cream funnel cake which cost $12. This was a funnel cake topped with a slab of cookies and cream once cream, chocolate sauce and Oreo crumbs. This was absolutely amazing! It made up for the disappointment of our lunch.

We had a fastpass now for frozen but unfortunately this was down so we ended up with a multiple/anytime fastpass which we hoped to use on frozen later when it was up and running again. I had a look on my Disney experience and managed to get us a fastpass for 12.55 for soarin. We carried on our way round the world showcase and Dd had a frozen passion fruit drink from the Joffreys cart in Canada, we used our dvc discount to get 20% off and it came to just under $5.

As we walked towards future world there is a huge painting by numbers mural set up for the festival, you are given a brush and small pot of paint with a number on and asked to paint 6 squares of your number. When we walked back past later it was finished and looked awesome!

They've gave us a postcard each of some of the picture on the wall as a keepsake.
We got to the land building and by this point DS had fallen asleep, I was abit concerned about how we would sort the rider swap for soarin as they don't usually allow strollers into the building, fortunately there was no problem with us taking it in in this instance. We made our way to soarin and set up the rider swap and Dd and I entered the fastpass queue. It frustrates me how long it takes to get on soarin even with a fastpass. We got the second row right on the middle edge of the left side so not a bad view. When we got off Dd and DH went on it together while I sat with a still sleeping DS.
I had seen on a few Facebook pages that sunshine seasons had a speciality dessert that looked and sounded amazing. It was a multicoloured sponge cake covered with peanut butter frosting and topped with icing/pretzel/frosting to decorate like an artists palette. This was really good, I love all things peanut butter, my only criticism was it would have been nicer chilled.

After our snack we walked upto Norway to use our frozen fastpass as the ride was up and running again. As we walked out of future world we came across a number of chalk drawings along the side of the walkway, these looked absolutely amazing! DS really enjoyed the frozen ride and was squealing away to himself all the way round. We had a quick look in the shop at the end of the ride but this was cut short by DS who was starting to get hungry again so we made our way back to the baby care centre to give him something to eat and a bottle.

Dd had been desperate to have a go on the play park area out the back of the old mouse gears building so we walked our way across and spent about 20 minutes sitting enjoying the warm day. Even though it was overcast most of the day the temperature was perfect.

We were all feeling quite thirsty by this point and we had drank almost all f our bottles of water we had brought with us. I suggested we went upto the dvc lounge above the figment ride and grab a few drinks and have a quiet sit down. This space is a lovely perk and it's nice to escape the crowds for a short while. Whilst we were playing on one of the interactive games tables the cast members came round with some snacks. She kindly gave Dd 2 bags of animal crackers and DH and I a bag of nacho cheese flavour crisps. After our relax and refuel we walked back round to Norway so Dd have a proper look in the shop and the. We continued our walk round stopping to look in shops and at pop up art stalls along the way. We had a wander around the Japan pavilion and walked through the garden area and watched the carps swimming.

By the time we reached France we were feeling it today, we'd dove close to 8 miles of walking and it was getting towards dinner time. We came to the decision that it was for the best if we called it a day for today. We made the long walk back to the car and headed for the 192 and mystic dunes. I suggested we stop somewhere on the way back and grab something for dinner, DH said he wasn't too hungry so wasn't bothered for anything really so I took this opportunity t go to Taco Bell. DH for some reason really dislikes the thought of this place but being a huge Mexican/taco fan I've always wanted to give it a go.

We called in at the Taco Bell at the top of Formosa gardens and I went in and ordered 3 crunchy tacos and a fiesta taco salad. Total came to $12.22.

We took them back to the apartment and shared them between us. We each had a crunchy beef taco. These were a. Runny taco shell filled with beef, sour cream, shredded lettuce, cheese and tomato and it was really good! I could easily have eaten all 3. Dd really enjoyed hers and DH had half of his as he wasn't a fan of the sour cream.

We shared the taco salad bowl between us, Dd didn't have much but DH and I really enjoyed it and he actually relented on his opinion of Taco Bell and said he was impressed with this. It was a crunch bowl shell filled with beef, rice, mushed beans, cheese, sour cream, lettuce and tomato. Definitely somewhere I would go back to in the future.
We put DS to bed and I followed shortly after, I was asleep pretty much straight away at 8.30pm. I'm going to have to have a lie in or get some stamina if I'm going to make it out of an evening!

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by missdopey - 21 Feb 20 12:46 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

A lovely (exhausting!) walk around Epcot. It’s surprising just how much walking you do there! A shame about Regal Eagle meal, but I’m glad the funnel cake & Taco Bell made up for it!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another busy day

Joan
Old 22 Feb 20, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

Shame that you didn’t have a good meal at the smoke house, such a mixture of feedback from there at the moment
Old 3 Mar 20, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Mobile

Glad your tea was nicer than lunch - hopefully it will be just down to teething problems and will improve soon. Looks like there’s lots of interesting things to do and snack during the festival,
mrsdjh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List