Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 23 Feb 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Florida 2018 - Promises made and promises delivered - Day 5 – Hollywood Studios

I had to take a break from writing this day because I was getting a bit grumpy with the photos. I reckon that (if you include Niff’s phone) I was pulling photos from at least 6 different sources and they were not in sync. So be warned! If you are relying on time stamps from the Photo Pass photographers they can be hours – and some times days – out!

Definitely a 1st world problem! Anyway, back to the plot!

It is interesting writing a report on a trip to WDW which happened in 2018 because at the time of writing (Feb 2020) so much has changed in some of the parks including Hollywood Studios. When we went in 2018 (and 2019) the Gondola system and Galaxy’s edge were under construction. As Caj said in her 2019 trip report neither of these were finished when we were there then so we need to think about going again.

Anyway, time to get into time machine and get back to 2018 and good news as Caj was back in action!

So off to Hollywood Studios (HS) we went. There were walkway diversion signs up because of the Skyliner construction but nothing too major.

We figured because there were a few thrill type rides in HS Niff may take to this park more which he did.

From memory our first FP for the day was Slinky so off we all marched (in our matching Incredibles T-shirts) to toy story land which neither Caj or I had been to before.

I love the set design of this area – I guess because it is still fairly new the colours are still very vivid and bright. See that blue sky in the photo above? It soon disappeared as anyone who has been to FL in the summer will know the weather can turn on a dime.

We managed to ride Slinky whilst the weather still held and then made our way to Toy Story Mania. The queue seemed very long and we weren’t convinced it was going to be worth it but we stuck with it and enjoyed the ride.

Niff and I were in the same "car" and I think I won. As he is unlikely to reading this I can get away with it anyway!

We then went on the Buzz Lightyear ride which was fun. Again another first for all of us but whilst queueing and riding the heavens open as can be seen in some of these photos.

It was lunch time so we used mobile ordering to pick up a light lunch and sat under cover eating whilst the rain came down. I can’t remember what the eatery was called (Caj tells me it was Woody’s lunch box) but at the time of visiting we think there was only one food outlet.

Much as I enjoy Toy Story Land there was very little chance to hide from both the sun and/or the rain which put a dampner on things – no pun intended.

We made our way to Tower of Terror which we all enjoyed. I’ve heard different opinions of the different tower of terrors in the different park but I’m very old fashioned – I like the original. Maybe I will think differently if I try any of the others! I’ve been to Disneyland for a few hours but it rained so they shut it and I’ve no real desire to go back to California just for that.

So just for good measure...and because it was more or less next door ..we headed for rock and roller coaster.

Niff does like the thrill rides – I think his enjoyment shows tough in the photo below!

Time for a bit of retail therapy before….

The heavens opened again...

Back to the villa for some pool time…

and maybe a small slice of melon!

I think for tea we pushed the boat out and hand…are you ready for this?...KFC from the establishment on 192.

Oh, the high life!

Back to tomorrow..but spolier alert...it rains!

Edited at 12:32 PM.
BucksBugsy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

That sky! Nothing beats it!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List