Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Feb 20, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Enchanted View Post
I never ever thought I'd say this but I honestly think you've convinced me!

I presume Uber is as safe as a normal taxi? Used it once but many many years ago pre-child.
same here this time last year was i'd always hire a car... but $$ savings are too good not to
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

We drive a couple of thousand miles each visit, but if we were only staying in Orlando we'd be in Ubers. It's so fast, cheap and easy. The best bit is it saves the longest walk of the day back to the car (and i love watching the little cars drive around on the map ).
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by cherub85 View Post
We had a fairly cheap trip a couple of years ago. Got good prices on a BA fly drive that went via Dublin. This worked out well. Stayed in a cheap motel which we still refer to as the murder motel! It was interesting! We had Disney and universal tickets, but in your place I’d just do Disney. We try to avoid eating in parks as so expensive, eat breakfast on way, have snack if needed in park. Then get late lunch/dinner when you leave park. You can find some really good value restaurants if you do your research!
The murder motel
Yeah that's the plan for food! Thank you.
Enchanted is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
Have driven to and from Miami , it’s a easy if boring drive ..

I’ve stayed the last 2 November’s a the Liki tiki resort , we usually have a 1 bed condo with a full kitchen & washing machine , ideal as we have the granddaughter with us

She was 15 months last time and there’s plenty there for her , kids pool , playground, various activities.. I don’t book till last min the but I paid £200 for 6 nights last November .

They aren’t available now but we had the Disney midday tickets which were a decent saving on 14 day tickets ( which we would never use )

Definitely have a car , with a toddler it makes life so much easier . I can’t imagine anything worse than waiting for a bus with a tired toddler .
Thanks Jackie, I'll check out that hotel. DS will be almost 4 so not really a toddler (where does time go! ) but he's as good as gold and so chilled out. The bus is a novelty for him as he only ever rides one on holiday! Lol. But will probably use Uber for ease to save any long walks. We're likely to be in a park every day at some point so car hire plus parking is just such a HUGE chunk of money. Need a lottery win
Enchanted is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by archibald View Post
We drive a couple of thousand miles each visit, but if we were only staying in Orlando we'd be in Ubers. It's so fast, cheap and easy. The best bit is it saves the longest walk of the day back to the car (and i love watching the little cars drive around on the map ).
We'll literally be hotel - Disney Park each day and maybe 1-2 times to US. I've always been more of an explorer and love the shops, sporting events, driving etc but this trip will just be fun for DS.
Old 27 Feb 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Tui have traditionally had some very good last minute flight prices in September, I think the prices for May, June and start of July can be good too. By very good I mean £219 plus baggage!

Waiting would be a gamble though.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
Tui have traditionally had some very good last minute flight prices in September, I think the prices for May, June and start of July can be good too. By very good I mean £219 plus baggage!

Waiting would be a gamble though.
Wow that's amazing! How last minute usually? I could keep my eyes peeled this year for a general idea x
Old 27 Feb 20, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

April/May cheap flights are already coming through. I saw a thread about it last week -

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...ight=TUI+april

Another Dibber booked great flight prices for September 2019 in the July

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1137948
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
April/May cheap flights are already coming through. I saw a thread about it last week -

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...ight=TUI+april

Another Dibber booked great flight prices for September 2019 in the July

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1137948
Thank you so much xx