VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Another Birthday Trip, Oct 2019 - Day 5, Epcot, Eating Around the World and POFQ

The previous day is HERE.

Monday 7 October 2019

Today was supposed to be our lie in day and we were all awake by 6.30am, typical! We checked the weather like we had been every day and the forecast wasn't the best for today, there was a high chance of rain before lunch. Though it was the only day we could really fit it in, we decided to leave going to Typhoon Lagoon and head to Epcot earlier instead. We all got up, showered, dressed, sun cream, etc. and left just after 8am to go to Riverside Mill for breakfast.

One of the menu boards

We got two Bounty Platters with Waffles, served with scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and potatoes, $11.29 each plus tax. We had taken our refillable mugs with us so swapped our drinks for a chocolate croissant and regular croissant

I didn't write down how much these two were, or the total, so I don't know what this should have cost. We used 2 QS credits and shared the food between us, which was all good.

Once finished, we took our mugs back to our room, picked up our stuff for the day and were in the car on our way to Epcot at 8.43am, driving through the parking booth at 8.51am. We parked in Journey 6, which was really close to the entrance.

We walked around all the hoardings to the bag check line. This was so long. There was a guy in front of us who had one absolutely huge bag and two more bags, and when it was his turn, had none of the zips open. And there were a LOT of zips! There had been an entertaining security guard while we were in line, she had a mic and was singing, telling people to use two lines and singing what people needed to be doing, she was very fun and had found an interesting way to get over what people should be doing.

Anyway, back to the bleep in front with three bags and 300 zips and he was finally through and we were through quickly after. Ryan and Cody were a couple behind us in the queue (Bethany and Piper had gone through with no bags) so we moved off to the side and waited with them.

They were soon through and we went to get some photos.

And the PP pics

We headed into the park

We decided to go to the Character Spot first to see what the waits were like. There was only a small line for Baymax so we jumped in that

I don't remember what was being said during this meet but it looks like it was funny.

Ryan, Piper and Cody saw him after us

We wanted to see Joy and Sadness next but I think Ryan, Bethany, Piper and Cody had a FP for something so we said goodbye. We joined the line and it was only Joy who was out, I'm not sure where Sadness was

We didn't have to wait too long before we were seeing Joy

She was great fun and Madison and Kaley really enjoyed meeting her.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23

Edited at 08:44 PM.
Lisa29 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 20, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
CONTINUED FROM PREVIOUS POST

We were on a character mission so went to the relocated Mickey, Minnie and Goofy character spot. The wait in here wasn't too bad either.

First up was Goofy

We moved along the line to wait for Minnie

And soon it was our turn

Minnie was fun as always and the girls enjoyed meeting her. We walked along to wait our turn to see Mickey.

Phil and I jumped in for a picture here too

We had fun meeting these characters and it hadn't taken us long to see them. We went outside and walked towards the area near Journey into Imagination as we wanted to see Vanellope, though we stopped for photos on the way as usual

Love the water features here, I missed seeing the main fountains

We went into Image Works, which is where the meet and greet spot was for Vanellope

Where the characters in here come in and out

We had a short wait for Vanellope. She had to go out for a couple of minutes and Phil had read about what happens when the characters come through the "The Link" tunnel - I went over and waited and managed to film as she came back out. (There's sounds and flashing lights.)

We were next in line for when she came out so it was our turn to see her. She came over to Madison and Kaley and walked them over

She was so much fun

We had a quick look around in Image Works before we went outside to take more photos and do some filming

I was recording the dancing fountains (if that is their name) and Madison and Kaley decided to see how close to the water they could get

They didn't get close enough that they got wet.

Another water feature

Finished here, we walked back to have a look inside The Land

We had a quick wander in here

We went into the little Ghirardelli shop and each had a sea salt caramel square as they were giving them out. From there, we went back outside where we saw Ryan, Bethany, Piper and Cody at the bottom where you park pushchairs. We walked towards Future World East together talking, until we went different ways again. (I can't remember where they were going, I'm not sure if it was time for Cody to have a nap so were walking somewhere a bit quieter.)

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults

Lisa29 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 20, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

Some of the construction work going on

We walked through Mousegears and the girls tried on some ears

I saw that they were selling the Starbucks mugs in here so made a mental note to get one from in here. While I'm thinking of it, we never actually found where you could get a Starbucks in here since Fountain View closed. Anyway, we went to the Festival Centre to have a look around

It was really good in here and they played a video on a loop. It was good to see the vision for Epcot over the next couple of years. Some photos

Everything here looks amazing and I can't wait to see it done. Phil took absolutely loads of photos but I won't share all of them. While we were in here, we saw Dan, Dave and Cole. We stopped and talked to them and they were also going to go 'around the World' so we said we would stay together. In another room off from this one, they had some backgrounds you could have photos in front of so we went there next

Cole needed changing so we went to the Baby Care Centre that was just around the corner

These are done so well and are a lovely place to take little ones to if they need a bit of a break. While we were in here, Phil had taken a couple of photos outside

I went out to him and left Madison and Kaley with Dan. We went down to one of the Food and Wine Festival booths (says Food and Wine Tents on my receipt) to put $56 onto a gift card for Phil, which he was going to use for some of the alcoholic drinks he wanted to try.

We walked back towards the others and they were coming towards us. It was 11.25am now. At some point, we had some PP pics and I think it was now so will add them here

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

Old 17 Apr 20, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

Reading my notes again, I think we went to one booth before the PP pics but doing it this way round, I can start 'round the World' here.

First up was Thailand

We had the Marinated Chicken served with Peanut Sauce and Stir0Fried Vegetables, $5 but we used a snack credit.

This was really good and we all enjoyed it.

Next up was the PP pics above, plus a couple of other pictures

Our next F&W booth was Shimmering Sips

From here we got the Shimmering Strawberry Soft-Serve in a Waffle Cone, $5.25 but used a snack credit again

Madison and Kaley managed to share this and they really liked it, it was well worth using a credit on it.

We went to the Hawaii booth next so Phil could start using his gift card

He had the Maui Brewing Company Bikini Blonde Lager, $4.50

He wasn't overly keen on this, rating it as just ok.

A few pics from this area of the F&W Festival

Our next stop was the Cheese Studio

We got the Braised Beef "Stroganoff" served with Tiny Egg Noodles, Wild Mushrooms and Boursin Garlic with Fine Herbs Cheese Sauce, $5.50 but we used a snack credit

This was really good, it was all so tasty, the beef just melted in your mouth. There was something at Active Eats I wanted to try so we went there next

I wanted to try the Loaded Macaroni and Cheese, served with Nueske's Pepper Bacon, Cheddar and Leeks, $5.25, and we used a snack credit. It was boiling hot and we had already got through the water we had brought with us so we used a snack credit on a water ($3.50)

This was also really good but it was so hot out, we only had a few bites.

Phil had been taking more photos while I was lining up

We were done with this area of the F&W Festival so moved back into the main part, with Australia as our next stop

We all wanted the Roasted Lamb Chop served with Sweet Potato Puree, Bushberry Pea Salad and Pistachio-Pomegranate Gremolata, $7.75

This was good but I hadn't read the menu properly and had forgotten that I knew this wasn't the old version with the potato crunchies so although it was good, I much preferred the previous version. Phil really liked this one and ate most of it. We also got the Deconstructed Pavlova, served with pastry cream, Citrus-Macerated Berries and Lemon Myrtle Meringue, $4. We used snack credits for both of these

This was really good, I only had a small taste as Madison and Kaley liked it and ate it all between them.

Cole was still being his usual happy self

We carried on walking anti-clockwise towards Canada, Phil taking more photos

I'm sure Dan and Dave had something from the Refreshment Port, but I don't have photos of what

Our next stop was one of our favourite booths, Canada

We all wanted the "Le Cellier" Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon served with Truffle Butter Sauce, $8.25. I used a QS credit here and got three of them!

This was so good, the beef completely melted in your mouth and was so tasty. It's an excellent use of a snack credit and I was more than happy to get three for a QS credit.

I think it was time for Cole to have something to eat so they went to go to the Baby Care Centre to feed him in the air con and with some peace and quiet. We wanted to have a look around some of the pavilions so went for a wander around the gardens

Le Cellier, the most wanted ADR until it changed to needing 2 TS credits for dinner

We had a quick look inside the Appleseed Orchard Pours and Plates

Posing for photos

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

Old 17 Apr 20, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

It was still really hot so we got a Frozen Coke from the refreshment cart at the bottom of the steps, $5 but we used a snack credit

This was very refreshing and was quickly finished. We went in the Northwest Mercantile - Trading Post Refreshments

Madison found some very unusual smelling soaps! GRIN

We didn't buy any! Phil then found his favourite, Moosehead lager, $8.50

He loves this drink but speaking to the CM who served him, she said they weren't going to be getting any more of this in when their stock runs out. He was glad he was able to get one as you can't get it at the Canada booth any more.

We had got through the frozen coke very quickly and were wanting another drink so I used some of the money left on the gift card (should have used a snack credit) to buy a coke zero, $4.50.

We had finished looking around Canada now so continued on our walk around World Showcase

We went to the Ireland booth next

We got the Roasted Irish Sausage served with Colcannon Potatoes and Onion Gravy, $5.50, another snack credit used.

This was really good, I could eat this again now. We had a quick look around the UK pavilion as it started drizzling

We had a wander in the shops then saw on the times guide that Alice was due at 1.30pm. It was 1.29pm and the line wasn't long so we joined it. We didn't have too long to wait until it was our turn

She was very happy to see they were decorated especially for her

Finally signing their books

She spent the whole time chattering away to the girls

She was so much fun, Madison and Kaley really enjoyed meeting her.

We walked to the International Gateway and took a few photos

Skyliner

Is this at the France bit? I'm not sure

Mary Poppins were due out to meet and greet at 2pm so we made our way back to the UK. We joined the line at 1.50pm and the CM said that if it rained, she would not be able to come out.

The rain held off and Mary Poppins came out a t 2pm as scheduled. There were only a couple of other groups ahead of us, but quite a long line behind us.

She was also chattering away, like Alice had been. And was asking them lots of questions.

This was another great character meet, she was lots of fun. We had been really lucky so far with all of our character interactions.

We had a FP for Test Track between 2.05 and 3.05pm so that was our next destination. We were meeting Mum, Dan, Dave and Cole there as they also had FPs for around the same time. We met them at the Epcot Festival Centre, then all walked over to TT.

Dan was staying with Cole so the rest of us went in and joined the FP line at 2.26pm. We were in the holding room waiting to go in and design our cars when the ride was suspended due to impending inclement weather. (I must have written that down exactly as they announced it. ) It was 2.33pm. We sat and waited, and waited, and waited. Some people gave up and left. It got to 3.10pm and they said they were waiting for the storm that was due at 3.20pm to pass before they could reopen the ride.

We had had enough waiting now and decided to give up. I asked what would happen with our FP and the CM told us to follow him. We went a back way through and came out where you get out of the cars. They put the FPs back on all of our bands and told us that if we needed it moving to be able to use on a different day, to go to Guests Services where they could do that for us.

We went through to where Dan and Cole were waiting at the exit of the ride, where the cars are. Cole had been having a great time - as it was so quiet in there, he was able to just crawl around wherever he wanted to.

Phil and Kaley took some photos with the cars where they have the machines that take the photos

It had been raining which is why we were waiting around in here. The rain slowed down enough for us to move from here. Mum, Dan, Dave and Cole were all going back to the Poly so they went to the monorail station to get the monorail back to MK. We had decided that we were more than likely going to leave too, but were going to stop at Guest Services first to get hem to move our FP to another day.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

Old 17 Apr 20, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

There was only one person in front of us so we only had to wait a few minutes until it was our turn. We explained to the CM what had happened and she said that was no problem, she would move the FP to our next Epcot day so that we could use it then. (She was also moving Mum's and Dave's too.)

It took her quite a while to do, for some reason she couldn't move the FP from today to the day we wanted. In the end, she was able to do it and she left the free FP for today on our bands because of how long it had taken.

While we were in here, it absolutely threw it down

Proper heavy Florida rain that we aren't used to in October. I think it was nearly 3.45pm at this point and we were undecided over what to do. We didn't really want to go back to POR so early, with no plans for the rest of the afternoon/evening, but were put off by the rain. We had a FP for Spaceship Earth which was for between 3.05 and 4.05pm and weren't sure whether to use it.

We decided that if the rain slowed down enough, we would make a dash for Spaceship Earth. After a few minutes of waiting, the rain slowed down enough so we ran over and joined the FP line. This was a walk on and we were on the ride just after 3.50pm.

This was good fun, I'm glad we got a chance to go on this before it changes.

When we came outside, the rain had stopped so we decided to stay a bit longer. As we had the free FP to use, and TT was still down, we thought we would use it on Soarin' so made our way over, joining the FP line at 4.24pm. I had forgotten how long the line takes for this, even when you have a FP. It seemed rather disorganised too, at one point a whole rides worth of people were taken down the queue at the side of us for some reason.

Anyway, the ride was great fun as always, we were on row 3 and were on at 4.47pm, so just over 20 minutes waiting. I think this is still a long time when you have a FP. We do enjoy this one so all had fun riding it.

We were feeling a bit hungry and as we were there and it was on our list to try, we went over to Sunshine Seasons. Phil got a table for us while Madison, Kaley and I went to see what there was and to order the food.

For Phil, we got the Sweet and Sour Chicken with Jasmine Rice, $11.59, I had the Mongolian Beef with Vegetable Fried Rice, $13.49, and Madison and Kaley shared the Deep Dish Cheese Pizza with Pasta Salad, $10.49. We also got three fountain drinks, I would imagine coke zeros and sprite, as they were our standard drinks. I'm not sure how much the drinks were, but the total should have been $50.64, but we used 3 QS credits

This was all good and tasty and we enjoyed it, We hadn't been here before so it was nice to try somewhere different. I had noticed a sign propped up while we were looking at the options so took Madison and Kaley back over

We got two sundaes with hot fudge sauce for Phil and Madison and a sundae with caramel drizzle for Kaley. As above, these should have been $5.99 each but we used snack credits.

I had also seen in the display cabinet that they had crème brulee so I had one of them, should have been $3.99 but used a snack credit. The total for these should have been $23.39

These were all really good and Phil was happy with his surprise dessert (I hadn't told him what me and the girls were going back over for).

While we were in here, we got a FP for Living with the Land at 5.25pm, so once we had finished, we walked over there. As soon as we tapped our MB's, I got a FP for us for the Seas with Nemo at 5.45pm to use when we were done on LwtL.

This was fun as usual, though I don't feel they had as much fruit and veg as last time, and I was disappointed they didn't have the harvest display they had last time either.

We had got onto the ride at 5.40pm so as soon as we came off, our FP was ready for Nemo so we left The Land and walked over to the ride, which was a walk on and fun

We had a quick wander in here

Then went back outside. It was raining again, not ridiculously heavy like earlier, but enough that we needed our ponchos on. We put them on and headed out of the park

As you may have noticed, Phil had had a couple of beers so for the first time, and on my ninth visit to Orlando, I was driving us back. Phil of course had to take photos of me driving as I always take them of him

He was also filming me as well as taking photos, not at all distracting!

I have nothing against driving and it is really easy on these roads, I just much prefer being a passenger. We had decided to go to POFQ to have a look around so that is where we went, getting there at 6.50pm.

Pool area

Main area

It had stopped raining so was nice to just have a wander around. This is a lovely resort, so quaint and I liked how small it is.

We did not need anymore food but I couldn't come here and not try the famous beignets. We went to Scat Cat's Club Café and got a table inside.

I went up and ordered a portion of three Mickey Beignet's, should have been $4.99 plus tax but another snack credit used. I also paid $1.99 plus tax ($2.12) to get a chocolate dipping sauce with them. After a few minutes they were ready

These were really good, I completely understand why so many people rave about these. They do make a mess with all that powdered sugar though.

Very appropriate t-shirt

Once we were finished here, we went back to POR and we were back in our room around 7.30pm. We all had showers and got ready for bed, Phil first going to get us drinks from Riverside Mill.

Madison and Kaley were in bed and watching Hotel Transylvania again, though they must have been tired as they were asleep a little after 8.15pm.

I had a look at our FPs for tomorrow and one of them was for The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh at 9.30am. As we did this on Friday, I swapped it for Haunted Mansion at 9.35am instead.

I also realised that I hadn't pre-ordered our food for Be Our Guest tomorrow so did that on the app

I know the wait here can be quite long so I was glad I remembered today and not when we got to the restaurant tomorrow.

Phil had put Ghostbusters on so we watched that for a bit, with me going to bed at 9.25pm.

My steps for today - 20,260
Phil's steps for today - 19,103

Next up, Magic Kingdom, Pirate's League and Shopping is HERE.

TODAY'S DINING PLAN ROUND UP - 6 Counter Service used and 14 Snack Credit used.

OVERALL DINING PLAN ROUND UP - 25/80 Counter Service used and 26/80 Snack Credits used.

DINING PLAN CREDITS REMAINING - 55 Counter Service and 54 Snack Credits.

Edited at 11:49 AM.
Old 18 Jun 20, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
DiddyDan
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Wow I didn’t realise you were in Epcot all day this day! You had such a lovely day and got so much done, thanks again for using a credit on the Canada steak 😊 Cole enjoyed spending the time with the girls too ☺️
There was no where to get Starbucks while we were there - we had wanted one that morning!
It was such a shame you didn’t get on Test Track, but Cole really enjoyed waiting for you all, and you made good use of the FP x

With parents 00,01,04,07,12,13-With Dave! Xmas 08 Villa/09 Vegas-LA-San Fran/10 NY-Orlando KV, VB, RP & BLT/11 Vegas/12 LA & Disney Cali/14 DLP/15 Orlando Wedding/16 Orlando Poly & SSR & Vegas/17 Orlando BLT & SSR/17 DLP/18 Orlando
DiddyDan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List