VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Another Birthday Trip, Oct 2019 - Day 6, Magic Kingdom, Pirate's League and Shopping

The previous day is HERE.

Tuesday 8 October 2019

I woke up with the alarm this morning, at 5.15am. We all got up and did the usual of hair, suncream, dressed and some cereal. Madison and Kaley had both had an invitation left for them, for Pirate's League in Magic Kingdom

We were in the car and on our way to the Poly at 6.15am. It only took us 10 minutes to get there, ad we were parked at 6.27pm.

Dark picture of the Poly lobby

We went straight up to the monorail station, went through bag check and had just missed a monorail.

We didn't have to wait long and were soon on monorail gold and on our way to MK at 6.40am. A few minutes later, we were there and through the tapstyles

We were walking onto Main Street just before 7am, it was the same as the girls' birthday, still dark out and looked more like night time.

Phil took a few photos as we walked in

Main Street

More Halloween decorations

We stopped for some PP pics

Looking back down Main Street

We made our way towards Tomorrowland

Our first ride of the day was to be the Tomorrowland Speedway

I went with Kaley and Phil and Madison rode together. This was fun but those cars really are difficult to steer.

After this we went to the Mad Hatters Tea Cups, where Phil, Madison and Kaley went on. They like spinning uncontrollably and I don’t, so I stayed off and took photos and filmed them

Madison and Kaley wanted to see Cinderella so we went to Princess Fairytale Hall next. I think the wait time for Cinderella and Elena of Avalor was 5 minutes, which meant a walk on.

First up was Cinderella

Signing their autograph books

Posing

Finishing with hugs

Elena was next up straight away, there had been no one else in here with us

These were both really fun. I do wish it was one of the regular princesses rather than Elena in here though. We stopped for a quick photo in the shop on the way out

Another view of the castle

There was no one at the sword in the stone so the girls had a go at trying to pull it out

No luck today (or any time we have tried actually ). It was still very quiet, even if the earlier Main Street pictures had looked busy

There was no line for the Carousel so we went on that next

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23

Edited at 11:53 AM.
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 20, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
CONTINUED FROM PREVIOUS POST

There was hardly anyone around so we stopped to take some photos by the castle from the other side

We were feeling a bit peckish so we went to Gaston's Tavern

There was only one thing we were having, the cinnamon roll. This should have cost $6.38 including tax but we used a snack credit

This was really good, we all enjoyed this and ate it all between us. We continued on our walk round towards Storybook Circus

Madison and Kaley wanted to go on Dumbo and it was a walk on so we were on the ride within minutes. They wanted to go together so they sat in front of us

They do like this ride. Seems like we went back on ourselves a bit as my notes, and my photos, say we went to the Tangled toilets next

Such a pretty area.

We went to see what the wait time was for Haunted Mansion. It was 25 minutes so we left it as we had our FP for a bit later on anyway.

We walked through Liberty Square

And into Frontierland

It was really quiet crowd-wise.

I love these reflections photos that Phil took

We checked on the standby time for Big Thunder Mountain; it was 20 minutes and we didn't want to wait that long so we went into Adventureland

There was no line for the Magic Carpets of Aladdin so we went on that, Madison and Kaley sitting together again

As with Dumbo, they liked this one too. It was just before 8.25am when we got off this so we went to Jungle Cruise, the stand by line saying 10 minutes.

We still had a bit of time before we were meeting the others for our SDMT FP so we joined the line. This ended up being a walk on and was very fun. Our captain was Sedona and she was very funny and corny.

It was 8.40am when we were done on this and my Mum was waiting for us when we got off. (We had been whattsapping. My Dad had hurt his back a couple of days before and had stayed at the Poly so she had come to meet up with all of us.)

We went from here to SDMT to use our FP's and meet the others.

Madison decided she didn't want to go on so stayed with Dan, Cole, Bethany, Piper and Cody. That meant Phil, Kaley, Mum, Dave, Ryan and I were the ones going on together. We joined the FP line at 8.58 and were on the ride at 9.05. We asked to go at the front so that I could see if I thought it would be better there for Madison, if I could get her to go on.

Ride photos

I absolutely loved this ride, it is so much fun. Despite how she looks in the photos, Kaley also loved it and as soon as we came off, asked if she could use Madison's MB and go on with Dan. I had decided that even at the front it went faster than Madison would like and Dan wanted to go on it so took Kaley

She looks a bit happier in this ride photo. Where we were stood waiting, we were able to see them as they came round. You can also see on these photos how much she enjoyed the ride

Happy boy

We were going in different directions again now. We arranged to meet up with Ryan, Bethany, Cody and Piper at Pirate's League for the girls' reservations at 10.10am.

We saw that the two lady mice from Cinderella (I don't know their names) were out with a very short line so went over there.

Looks like they were dancing

And posing

They were lots of fun and it was nice to see some different characters. We went back to Haunted Mansion now for our FP. This was our first time on this and it was good fun.

Lovely Liberty Belle

We went into Memento Mori next.

Madison and Kaley wanted to spend some of their money so got a Haunted Mansion Wishable each, $9.99 plus tax. Phil also got two pins and a Haunted Mansion book, which he had shipped back to our resort.

We walked through Liberty Square again

And we stopped at Liberty Square Market for some grapes for Kaley and watermelon for Madison, $3.99 each plus tax. We used two snack credits

They very quickly ate all of these.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults

Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 20, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

It was nearly time for us to meet at Pirate's League so we made our way there, getting there at the same time as the others.

Cody was asleep so Ryan was staying with him and having a wander outside while we went in

They first had to sign their names in a book

Once they had done this, we were led inside

And taken straight to their CM's (I don't know what they are called in here )

Madison's was called Emily and Kaley's Jorge. They got straight to work

Some of the décor

I recorded the whole thing

Having their hair done

Time for make up

Piper when she had finished

Finishing touches

Madison finished

And Kaley

This was a lot of fun and the three girls enjoyed it. Emily and Jorge were brilliant with my two, Kaley spent most of the time laughing as Jorge was so funny. Piper's CM was really quiet and only spoke to Piper a bit which was a shame as Piper can be so chatty.

They get taken through to another room

And they pick some jewellery (I think, I'm sure it was a necklace they had)

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

Old 18 Apr 20, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

I think we then went through to another room (sorry, my notes were rubbish about our time in here), and there was a throne to take some photos

I went to pay. This was $44.95 plus tax each, making the total $95.75. I also tipped Emily and Jorge $10 each as the girls had had such a good time.

One last photo outside

And then we walked over to the seating area outside the Ice Cream Plaza as that is where the others were.

I do love this window

Another picture of the three girls

Cole was still happy

Mum and Dan said that we were right near the long distance photo op so the four of us went there with Mum and Piper. We had a photo first

Then Mum had one with the girls

We had never tried a hot dog from Casey's Corner , so I used this opportunity to grab us something to share.

I used mobile order to get a foot long hot dog, fries and coke zero, using a QS credit. The line was out of the door here to order so I was glad I remembered to use mobile order. I don't have a receipt for this so I'm not sure how much it should have been. We also forgot to take a photo

It was ready really quickly and we shared this between us, it was really good. I was pleased that we had finally tried something from here.

Once we were all finished, we went with Ryan, Bethany, Piper and Cody as we had a FP for Big Thunder Mountain to use with Ryan.

Madison decided she didn't want to go on this again so waited with Bethany, Piper and Cody. We didn't have to wait too long and asked to sit at the front, which wasn't a problem. Kaley wanted to sit with Ryan rather than Phil or I

It was about 11.50am by now.

This ride is so much fun, we all loved it, especially Kaley

She wanted to go on it again immediately afterwards. We did have to explain quite a few times this trip that the reason we were able to get on some of the rides straight away was because we had FP's for them and to use the standby line would take up a lot of time for some of the rides.

Ryan, Bethany and the kids were going to Columbia Harbour House for lunch so we walked there with them.

We said we would get their lunch using our credits so went inside with them and waited with the kids while they went up to order, giving them Phil's MB and our pin number. It was when they were nearly at the front of the line when I noticed the sign saying to use mobile order, .

It didn't take long anyway and they had their food and had used two credits. I can't remember what they had and I don't have the receipt but I know it was two QS credits they used.

It was almost time for our Be Our Guest lunch ADR so we said goodbye and made our way over there

We checked in and were directed down to the umbrella by the door, where we had to wait about two minutes before being let in. I was so pleased I had remembered to pre-order our food last night as the line was so long to order.

Some photos

We found a table in the ballroom. Kaley with the Haunted Mansion Wishable she had bought earlier

A screenshot of my pre order

Phil had the Kronenbourg and we got the usual coke zero and sprite from the self serve machines

Sitting waiting for our food to be magically delivered to our table

We didn't have to wait too long. Phil had the French Dip Sandwich with fries

This was really good and all of it was eaten. I had ordered the Croque Monsieur for Madison and Kaley to share. This also came with fries

This was also really good. They enjoyed it and ate it all between them. I had the Braised Chicken (Coq au Vin style)

This was really good. It was nice to try something completely different to what we had been having and it was all really tasty.

We used three QS credits, it should have cost $69.70 otherwise.

We were finished in here around 1pm. I think we had checked the app and the wait time for Goofy and Donald at Pete's Silly Slideshow wasn't too long so we walked there after leaving Be Our Guest. We hadn't seen Donald yet and he is one of Phil's favourites.

We joined the line at 1.03pm and the wait time said 20 minutes. It ended up being about that long. First up was Goofy, who was very goofy! He lay up against the leaning thing at the side of his meet area

Then had Madison and Kaley do the same

They had the usual posed photo

Then had a hug

He had been a lot of fun to meet, actually we have found he always has been a lot of fun when we have met him

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

Old 18 Apr 20, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

We moved over to see Donald after we had seen Goofy, only waiting a couple of minutes for the people in front of us to finish. He was in a very funny mood - as soon as the girls started to walk towards him, he held his arm up to keep them back

He wanted his own photo shoot before having photos with anyone else!

Finished with his private photo shoot, he let Madison and Kaley join him and signed their autograph books

He posed for a photo

Had a hug

Then wanted Phil to come over for a photo too

They posed for a pic

He was a lot of fun, the best Donald we have met. We wanted to see some more characters, and had a FP for Tink that Phil had made after we scanned into Big Thunder Mountain, so walked down Main Street to the Town Square Theater

We had a bit of time before our FP and the wait time for Mickey was only 10 minutes so we went and got in line. It was about 1.40pm by now. I think we did wait about the 10 minutes

The girls had photos and hugs first

Then Phil jumped in for a photo

Our FP had now opened up for Tink so we went and joined the FP line about 1.55pm. This took a long time for some reason, and it was 2.20pm when we came out.

This is the only location I remember having the automated photos at, so there wasn't any other shots from Memory Maker other than the posed ones.

We had wanted to try and see the parade today. It was about 2.20pm, but as we were at the bottom of Main Street, we hadn't really missed anything. We could see some space upstairs in the train station so went up there and was able to have a good view and get some photos

I do enjoy this parade, the music is so catchy.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

Old 18 Apr 20, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

While we were at the train station, we went to have a look at the train

The CM there said that we could sit on the train to have some photos so we did that quickly

Then walked back through to the Main Street side for another photo

It had started raining a bit by now. Everyone wanted something sweet so we made our way back up Main Street to go to the Plaza Ice Cream Parlour

Phil and Madison both had The Plaza Ice Cream Sundae - hot fudge, whipped cream, and a cherry served in a freshly made waffle bowl with your choice of two hand-scoops of ice cream, $6.99 each. Phil had raspberry sorbet and mint

Madison had mint chocolate chip and cookies and cream

Kaley and I both had a Brownie Sundae - warm brownie served with hot fudge, whipped cream, cherry and your choice of two hand-scoops of ice cream, $7.49 each. Kaley had vanilla and cookies and cream

I had mint chocolate chip and cookies and cream

These were so good but my goodness, they were huge! Especially our brownie sundaes. We absolutely did not need one each but we still had so many snack credits to use. The four of them should have cost $30.85 so a good use of 4 snack credits.

We went and found a table with an umbrella outside to eat them (it was still raining a bit). We made a good attempt at eating them but Kaley and I didn't get close to finishing ours.

I think Phil had a go at eating mine or Kaley's and while they were still eating, I went to Main Street Bakery to get the MK mug

This was $21.29 including tax. When I came out, Phil and the girls had finished and were waiting for me. Madison and Kaley wanted to spend some of their money on more Wishables so Phil took them to buy some (they got two each and Phil got the re-useable MK bag), then we went to the Fire Station to get some more Sorcerers cards. They had to unlock another game first(?) so they went and did that while I had a quick look in the Emporium.

They got some more cards then we went over to Main Street Confectionery to use up more snack credits. We got a choc chip cookie, $3.99, chocolate covered marshmallow, $4.29, and an M&M rice crispy treat, $5.49. We weren't eating any of these yet so I didn't get any photos.

We were finished for the day so walked out and up to the monorail station. We had just missed one so had to wait a bit for the next one. The one that came was the yellow, Toy Story 4 wrapped monorail. This looked great from the outside but when you were on it, you could hardly see out at all which is a shame as I love the views from the monorail.

We were on the monorail just after 3.40pm back to the Poly. Straight to the car and we were on our way to the outlets at Vineland. Side note, we had the water bottles we had got from Walmart in the car and the water was so cold, they were well worth buying.

I had read about MyPark on here beforehand so decided to try that. We went to section A, Gap, followed the instructions on the app and the signage and had to wait a few minutes for one of the barriers to go down so we could use the space. The cost was $3 for two hours. We should have realised then that this was a bad idea.

It was 4.30pm and we didn't want to be too long so went straight to Nike. The girls both wanted a new water bottle for school and we found them quickly, in a colour they wanted

They were $10 each plus tax. Next was the Disney Character Warehouse where we got two pin badges and a re-useable bag, $9.57 inc tax.

Two of my work friends had had babies and I had wanted to get them something from Carters as I love their baby clothes. I got them a babygrow each and a pack of vests each

We went to Aeropostale where Phil got some t-shirts and I got some underwear.

There wasn't any other shops we wanted to look in so went back to the car just before 6pm. The app and the signage for MyPark said that the barrier would come up when you came out of the space. Well it didn't. We waited a couple of minutes and the barrier stayed down. I tried the app to see if there was anything on there to say you were done and there wasn't. We drove around the section of car park we were in and it was still down. There was nothing we could do to say we were leaving. I can only assume it was a faulty barrier or something.

It made me really paranoid as I didn't want to be charged more than the 90 minutes we had stayed (we had paid for 2 hours) and the app was still saying we were parked in the space. As soon as we got back to POR, I was that bothered that I removed my payment card from my account, cancelled my account, deleted the app and then transferred all the money on my Revolut card to Phil's just in case. I had sent them a message through the app and via email while we were still in the car park and never had a response from them. I did have an email the following morning to say that we had left the space at I think it was 9.15am the following day and owed them x amount! I was glad I had cancelled my payment card. After this experience, I would never use them again and would not recommend them at all. I would rather wait for however long for a space than go through that stress again.

Anyway, it was 7pm and we were feeling hungry so we walked over to Riverside Mill. Just before we left, Madison was getting a cardigan and we realised that her dark grey one wasn't there. We realised that she must have left it in the arcade two nights ago. Phil said he would check with the CM's in the lobby after we had eaten.

When we got to Riverside Mill, they had a new sign up

I'm sure this appeared at quite a few new places while we were away.

It wasn't too busy so I didn't use it this time, just went up to the counter and got two chicken tenders and fries and subbed the drinks for two boxes of cookies again

Madison and Kaley had gotten sauces and filled our refillable mugs while I was getting the food. We used two QS credits, it would have cost $29.36 inc tax otherwise. This was really good and just what we needed for a late dinner.

It was 7.35pm when we left to go back. Phil went to check if the book from earlier had been delivered yet (it hadn't) and if the cardigan had been handed in (it hadn't either).

We went back to our room and had showers, took the girls make up off and got ready for bed. They watched Vampirina and a weird cartoon about pumpkins before going to sleep about 8.40pm.

I finally had a look through the stuff I had bought, including what I had ordered from Bath and Bodyworks. I had rather a lot!

This was the hand soaps

And these are what they were

Some hand cream

Shower gel and body cream

Body mists

In my defence, these were all bargains in the summer sale!

Phil had put Jurassic Park, The Lost World on so we watched some of that before I went to bed at 10.05pm.

My steps for today - 23,882
Phil's steps for today - 22,768

Next up, Animal Kingdom, shopping and Disney Springs is HERE.

TODAY'S DINING PLAN ROUND UP - 8 Counter Service used and 10 Snack Credit used.

OVERALL DINING PLAN ROUND UP - 33/80 Counter Service used and 36/80 Snack Credits used.

DINING PLAN CREDITS REMAINING - 47 Counter Service and 44 Snack Credits.

Edited at 03:00 PM.
Old 18 Apr 20, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

In 2018 we were at POFQ and had so many issues swapping our drink for a snack at POR. We ate there at lot and there was no consistency at all. At one stage they swore blind we could only have pre-packed ice-cream! Glad that’s all sorted now as the drinks are just not needed when you have the mug!
Old 18 Apr 20, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Have just binge read your past few days Lisa! Sorry I haven’t commented on each one.

I love the attention to detail you put into your report!

The girls seem so well behaved - what’s your secret?!

So nice bumping into your family and also having your own time too.

The ice creams look amazing. Glad you got to try Caseys it’s one of our favourites.

Pirates League looks great fun and a great alternative to BBB.

Massively impressed with that bath and body works order xx
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 07:03 AM  
Link to this Post
DiddyDan
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Such a lovely day, the girls looked so pretty with their makeup on ☺️ they looked like they enjoyed having it done. Again, I can’t believe how much you got done in MK, it really was quiet that morning!

I really enjoyed going on SDMT with Kaley, she loved it!

I think the mice from Cinderella are called Suzy and Perla 😂

That’s annoying about the parking! And can’t believe how much you got from bath and body works! 😂 x

With parents 00,01,04,07,12,13-With Dave! Xmas 08 Villa/09 Vegas-LA-San Fran/10 NY-Orlando KV, VB, RP & BLT/11 Vegas/12 LA & Disney Cali/14 DLP/15 Orlando Wedding/16 Orlando Poly & SSR & Vegas/17 Orlando BLT & SSR/17 DLP/18 Orlando
DiddyDan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List