Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 7 Jun 20, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
#581
Nimbus
Imagineer
 
Nimbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10
Location: South Manchester

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Steffib View Post
thanks for the comments and info. I agree, I’m pretty sure it will be the same in August, but who knows! We’ve been a few times before so fluctuating between going (if flights are going etc) and taking the positives in that it’s a holiday in Disney so it’s better than any other holiday at that time and with the virus as it is...or postponing til later...but then there may be a second wave etc etc or all the stipulations could be in place for months...who knows!
The coronavirus is going to be around for a while. The stipulations could be in place for many many months.

BTW, as bronny mentions above, Disney has extended their “no fee” cancellation policy to the beginning of October. So they seem to think that there will be restrictions putting people off visiting until at least that time.

I highly doubt these changes will disappear in just a few weeks.
__________________
DLC: Jun 1996 // DLP: Aug 2013 // WDW: Dec 1997 | Feb 2000 | Mar 2001 | Feb 2006 | Oct 2010 | May 2012 | Aug 2014 | Apr 2016 | Apr 2023

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
#582
Donaldfan
Imagineer
 
Donaldfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 20
I just rung Disney to cancel my September booking for POFQ and was told that if I cancel now I’ll lose my deposit as they’re only refunding deposits on bookings up to 31st August. I mentioned what it says on the website about free cancellation for bookings up to 3rd October and she said that’s for domestic bookings only. She also said that she’s had a lot of calls relating to the same thing and she’s had to say this to everybody. She said to look out for the email with more information but couldn’t say when I would be receiving that as she’s also in the dark about UK reservations! Since my balance isn’t due till 19th July she said not to worry about it at this stage. So I currently have bookings for both Disney and Universal at the same time!
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
#583
sha9
VIP Dibber
 
sha9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 08

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
I just rung Disney to cancel my September booking for POFQ and was told that if I cancel now I’ll lose my deposit as they’re only refunding deposits on bookings up to 31st August. I mentioned what it says on the website about free cancellation for bookings up to 3rd October and she said that’s for domestic bookings only. She also said that she’s had a lot of calls relating to the same thing and she’s had to say this to everybody. She said to look out for the email with more information but couldn’t say when I would be receiving that as she’s also in the dark about UK reservations! Since my balance isn’t due till 19th July she said not to worry about it at this stage. So I currently have bookings for both Disney and Universal at the same time!
That’s very helpful. Yet again, despite being the .co.uk version of the website Disney has given information that is only applicable to one specific group of guests. I’ve been defending them but they’re really trying my patience now.
__________________
Lisa



Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
#584
Disneyhm
VIP Dibber
 
Disneyhm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 10
I need to pay my balance in 5 days and am holding out for the email but I must say I am really disappointed with how Disney have handled UK guests. Regardless of how much of their market we make up we are all spending large amounts of money with them so should be as important as US guests.
Disneyhm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
#585
Donaldfan
Imagineer
 
Donaldfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 20
Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
That’s very helpful. Yet again, despite being the .co.uk version of the website Disney has given information that is only applicable to one specific group of guests. I’ve been defending them but they’re really trying my patience now.
It's crazy in't it. I booked Universal a few days ago and was waiting to hear if I could get my deposit back before ringing Disney to cancel. That £50 will pay for a meal and cocktail at Universal I feel really sorry for the cast members, the lady I spoke to was so lovely and she said all the calls she's had so far today are from people wanting to cancel because of what's said on the website.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
#586
sha9
VIP Dibber
 
sha9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 08

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
It's crazy in't it. I booked Universal a few days ago and was waiting to hear if I could get my deposit back before ringing Disney to cancel. That £50 will pay for a meal and cocktail at Universal I feel really sorry for the cast members, the lady I spoke to was so lovely and she said all the calls she's had so far today are from people wanting to cancel because of what's said on the website.
I know it’s one of the reasons I haven’t called yet. I feel like I may take my frustration out on the wrong person! Hopefully there will be something next week.
__________________
Lisa



Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
#587
Emmymouse
Proud to wear my Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 19
Mobile

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
I just rung Disney to cancel my September booking for POFQ and was told that if I cancel now I’ll lose my deposit as they’re only refunding deposits on bookings up to 31st August. I mentioned what it says on the website about free cancellation for bookings up to 3rd October and she said that’s for domestic bookings only. She also said that she’s had a lot of calls relating to the same thing and she’s had to say this to everybody. She said to look out for the email with more information but couldn’t say when I would be receiving that as she’s also in the dark about UK reservations! Since my balance isn’t due till 19th July she said not to worry about it at this stage. So I currently have bookings for both Disney and Universal at the same time!
I'm currently waiting on a call back from Disney and glad I read this! That's very disappointing - why is the information on the UK website if it doesn't apply?!
__________________
Disneyland Paris - November 2015.
WDW/AoA - 28th September 2016 - 5th October 2016.
WDW/PoFQ - 22nd November 2018 - 29th November 2018.
WDW/Coronado Springs - 24th September 2020 - 1st October 2020.
Emmymouse is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
#588
macadoo
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Apr 11
Mobile

Originally Posted by Disneyhm View Post
I need to pay my balance in 5 days and am holding out for the email but I must say I am really disappointed with how Disney have handled UK guests. Regardless of how much of their market we make up we are all spending large amounts of money with them so should be as important as US guests.
Agree, they’re handling this quite badly. I’m going to call them this week to postpone our final payment while we decide what to do.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
#589
meegraine
Serious Dibber
 
meegraine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 19
Location: London

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Not sure if this applies to us but Disney is now asking Guests who have reservations to confirm, modify or cancel their reservations by June 12th. Guests who have reservations should expect to see an email from Walt Disney World Resort that will have a list of the updated polices, as well as where they can review and confirm (or change) their upcoming reservation.

I’m not sure if this is just for US reservations or for everyone who has a hotel booking!
__________________
2016: Disneyland California / 2018: Disneyland California & Walt Disney World (DBC) / 2019: Walt Disney World (POR) & Disneyland Paris (SL) / 2022: Orlando/Mexico Cruise & Disneyland California

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
#590
nadya
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Aug 06
I think this info re june 12th is for people with reservations before the theme parks open
nadya is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DIBB Savings
AttractionTickets.com

Get £10 off each Disney Ticket with the code ATDIBB10

Get up to £50 off per room at Disney or Universal with the code DIBBHOTELS


theDIBB Blog
Guests can book their 2025 Hotel and Ticket package early to enjoy Free Dining &... Read More »
The iconic 1900 Park Fare restaurant is opening its doors once again at Disney’s Grand... Read More »
One of the the five worlds found in Epic Universe, How to Train Your Dragon... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2088
CaxtonFX  $1.2138
Covent Garden FX  $1.2372
FAIRFX  $1.2092
John Lewis  $1.2114
M&S  $1.1904
Post Office  $1.1885
Sainsburys  $1.2066
TESCO  $1.2076
Travelex  $1.2086
Updated: 21:00 23/04/2024
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.1353
CaxtonFX  €1.1342
Covent Garden FX  €1.1451
FAIRFX  €1.1335
John Lewis  €1.1379
M&S  €1.1186
Post Office  €1.1169
Sainsburys  €1.1335
TESCO  €1.1343
Travelex  €1.1352
Updated: 21:00 23/04/2024

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now



X