Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Jul 20, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

Email from VH - option to cancel for booking up to 31 October

Our trip is booked for 17th September. We'd decided not to go and haven't paid the balance that was due last week.

Anyhow. This email came through a little while ago. I've requested cancellation.

We’re ready to whisk you away on your upcoming holiday to Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and want to make sure you’re up to date with the latest information from the Walt Disney World Resort teams. We understand there are a lot of changes, so we want to give you everything you need so you make the right decision for that magical holiday you are planning on.

FULL PAYMENT OF PARK TICKETS

Walt Disney World Resort have introduced their new Disney Park Pass System, where you’ll need to book your day(s) in the park in advance. To access this, you’ll need to make sure you have paid for your park tickets and have your ticket numbers. If you are still planning to travel and need to pay for your tickets, we’ll email you within the next 7 days with the amount and how to pay.

HOTEL REOPENINGS

Walt Disney World Resort have announced plans for the reopening of their resort hotels. If your holiday is impacted by a resort hotel not opening in time for your holiday, Disney will modify your reservation to a suitable alternative.
Walt Disney World Resort will make this change and you can keep an eye on this in My Disney Experience to see when this has been done. This may take a while, so don't worry.

DINING PLANS

As Walt Disney World Resort has cancelled all dining plans, we need to work through each booking to understand the amount you’re due to be refunded.
For paid dining plans, we’ll remove the dining supplement and update your invoice.
For free dining plans, our teams are working through each booking and the refund value provided by Walt Disney World Resort so look out for an email.

Walt Disney World Resort have set up a dedicated Know Before You Go website with all of this information and more, for you to consider.

We’re pleased that holidays are going ahead as the world starts to reopen however with all these changes from Walt Disney World Resort we also appreciate this may not be the holiday you had hoped for.

For customers travelling before 1st November 2020 who have booked a Walt Disney World Resort package or tickets, we are giving you more options to rebook your holiday, place it on hold or cancel and receive a full refund.
Any changes need to be made at least 21 days before your planned travel date and if you choose to rebook instead, we’ll also offer you a choice of lovely extras. You could enjoy 8,000 Flying Club miles, a discount on your holiday, or even an upgrade to Economy Delight.

REBOOK YOUR HOLIDAY FOR A LATER DATE

We can look into moving your holiday to a later date. We can help you with options up to 12 September 2021 as Walt Disney World Resort are not currently accepting bookings beyond this date from UK tour operators. Please also be aware that Walt Disney World Resort have also cancelled dining plans in 2021.

Just fill out our booking amendment form and one of our team will call you back. Just ensure you make any changes you want 21 days or more in advance of your original planned departure date.

REQUEST A TRAVEL VOUCHER

You can request a voucher for the total amount you’ve paid for your holiday to give you time to decide what to do (or where you’d like to go).

Your money will be protected, and you can use your voucher to rebook another holiday through to 31st December 2021. Just be sure to do this before 31st March 2021. Simply fill out our voucher request form to choose this option.

FOR HOLIDAYS UP TO 31ST OCTOBER 2020, YOU CAN CANCEL YOUR HOLIDAY

We understand the impact of these changes may have made you rethink your holiday. For holidays departing before 1 November 2020. If you’d prefer to cancel your holiday completely, just let us know by filling out our booking cancellation form and we’ll refund you in full.

Please bear with us, as our teams will work on these in order from the date sent to us. Your refund will be processed within a maximum of 120 days, and we’re working to speed this up as much as possible.

Edit - when going to the cancellation page it advises that the cancellation fee will be the deposit amount.

Edit edit 🙂 #16 has refund confirmation from VH

Edited at 11:02 AM. Reason: Refund confirmation
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
CabbageDave
A Guest at All-Stars

We were due to go 6th September and have only paid the deposit. We had originally filled in a move it til next year request, but have heard nothing back.
We’ve had this email also, but I’m a bit confused whether or not they will refund the deposit if we cancel, as when you go to the link, it still mentions a cancellation fee equal to the deposit made.
I’d rather not go next year, but was just trying to keep the original £375 deposit from being wasted, but if you think that they are offering full refund, including just the deposit, then we will give it a go, as obviously it is not the Disney holiday we had planned.
CabbageDave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
deepcarsteven
I want to go now!

Mobile

Just got email also. Spending the weekend deciding. 95% sure going to cancel.
deepcarsteven is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Gull
Imagineer

That’s good for those thinking of cancelling ! Hope BA follow suit soon.
Gull is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Just need Virgin Atlantic to offer the same now
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by CabbageDave View Post
We were due to go 6th September and have only paid the deposit. We had originally filled in a move it til next year request, but have heard nothing back.
We’ve had this email also, but I’m a bit confused whether or not they will refund the deposit if we cancel, as when you go to the link, it still mentions a cancellation fee equal to the deposit made.
I’d rather not go next year, but was just trying to keep the original £375 deposit from being wasted, but if you think that they are offering full refund, including just the deposit, then we will give it a go, as obviously it is not the Disney holiday we had planned.
I didn't notice the bit about the deposit. I'll add it on to the opening thread. Thank you.
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
CheshireCat4
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We've accepted it. It might be a case of them not updating the original form but either way losing £200 each is nothing compared to what we thought we were going to lose.

Very sad but ultimately the only decision we could come to as spending £6000 for 2 people for a limited experience wasn't something we could justify
CheshireCat4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by CheshireCat4 View Post
We've accepted it. It might be a case of them not updating the original form but either way losing £200 each is nothing compared to what we thought we were going to lose.

Very sad but ultimately the only decision we could come to as spending £6000 for 2 people for a limited experience wasn't something we could justify
I agree.

It's a bit misleading of them though to put in the email that you'll get a full refund if cancelling but then when going to cancel you lose your deposit.
Old 2 Jul 20, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

I was due to go on the 6th. On Monday I phoned them and managed to get my deposit put onto a holiday I had already booked for next year. I had not paid the outstanding balance .
They emailed me an option of voucher or refund of my deposit of £375 ..

Edited at 07:12 PM.
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
dopey.rules
Imagineer

dopey.rules's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 10
Not received this email yet, we were due to fly on 13/9/20

Disney Wilderness Lodge May 2022
Disney Saratoga Springs Jan 2018
Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge Nov 2015
Disney POR Apr 2014
dopey.rules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List