Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Aug 20, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
wendy7654
VIP Dibber

A level results day looming

Morning Dibbers

Just wondering who else is waiting for Thursday and have the nerves kicked in yet?
DD18 is a little stressed so off to Blackpool pleasure beach tomorrow to try take her mind off it, it’ll be a strange one as can’t hug friends or teachers and has a half hour slot to go pick results up between 8.30-9. I am hoping it’s on track before we go for results? It’s been a long wait since March but we’re nearly there 🤞

Windwood Bay 2008/2009
DIBB Villa - Sandy Ridge 2010
Sandy Ridge Villa-2013
DIBB Villa - Westhaven July 2018

Hotel Elysee Val De Europe May 2015
Seqouia Lodge DLP Xmas/New Year 2015
Seqouia Lodge GF Xmas/New Year 2016
Sequoia Lodge GF Xmas/New Year 2017
Sequoia lodge May 2019- August 2022- Hopefully
wendy7654 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We are in a similar boat and just finding things to do to keep DD occupied. It doesn;t help that every two seconds either the TV or Google keep screaming "A Level reuslts this year everyone will be downgraded, you'll miss your Uni offer!"; surely they should have some semblance of common sense and realise this is playing havoc with their heads.

To me it feels like Thursday morning is less like results day and more like the reveal of the National Exam Lottery outcome
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
TinksandFlynn
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We are anxiously waiting here. Ds is very laid back about it all (thankfully), whereas I am a nervous wreck. I keep moving between “it will be alright and he will get the correct grades” to “it’s a complete disaster!”. I just want it to be over with now
TinksandFlynn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Flossiemay
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Nervous wrecks here too. Luckily DS is quite laid back but DD is very worried, she doesn’t have a back up plan if she doesn’t get the grades for her first choice. Feel sorry for all the students affected, it really does feel like a lottery!
Flossiemay is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

He's fine and I'm fine - today. Ask again tomorrow and I'm sure you'll get a different answer! Ds has an appointment to collect his results at 10.15, he is turning off his phone as he wants his results before UCAS tell him if he's got his place - I want to know but it's his day. Hopefully he'll change his mind!
jndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Good luck to you all! I remember the stress from last year. Dd got an email welcoming her to the uni at about 6am so she knew she must have got the grades she needed. It’s a very stressful time.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Willeve
Imagineer

My daughter has already decided to take a year out so is quite relaxed about it. She will decide what to do in 2021 after she gets her results- I don’t think they unis will be offering deferments this year.
Willeve is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Stressed here too.
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by wendy7654 View Post
Morning Dibbers

Just wondering who else is waiting for Thursday and have the nerves kicked in yet?
I think the nerves kicked in a few months ago. The stress just keep ramping up the closer we get to Thursday.

The thing is, with the way things have gone this year and the bad luck we seem to be having, I can't help but think things won't go well. Mind you, I am a natural pessimist.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 123 View Post
We are in a similar boat and just finding things to do to keep DD occupied. It doesn;t help that every two seconds either the TV or Google keep screaming "A Level reuslts this year everyone will be downgraded, you'll miss your Uni offer!"; surely they should have some semblance of common sense and realise this is playing havoc with their heads.

To me it feels like Thursday morning is less like results day and more like the reveal of the National Exam Lottery outcome
Exam lottery! Thats a good one

Very anxious here too. Trying to keep DD busy but its all she can think about.
DDs School are not allowing anyone to be onsite, so it will be by email at 8am.
I have a champagne breakfast planned, whether thats to celebrate or commiserate is yet to be determined by the 'Exam lottery'. Then she will go to the pub with friends to either celebrate or commiserate