Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 Jan 21, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

My neighbours cat often sleeps in my house at night, my lot hate it, even though he can get in the conservatory next door.
Old 31 Jan 21, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We had a similar problem with our old lady cat. The aggressive one used to stalk her to the point where she was frightened to go out. It eventually disappeared, I think it got run over. A water pistol type was recommended as a deterrent.
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 21, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
britishgirl
Excited about Disney

we live in the middle of nowhere and have 3 cats of our own,but there are a number of feral cats around which in the summer are no bother and we just see them in the distance,but in the winter when food is scarce they start coming nearer to the house,even trying at night to get in and this stresses my cats no end with howling and hissing and again if we go out the other cat will run away
I solved this by watching where they were coming from,which was across the garden after coming across the field and they always seem to follow the same path,so I started putting a bowl of dried food in the field on the path,and the cat stopped coming near the house,so I assumed it was just looking for food and once it found it,the cat was happy so no need to come near the house,this carried on for a while and then it stopped and never came back so I dont know what happenend to it
britishgirl is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 21, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Maybe also try a feliway type plug in or spray to calm your cat indoors as well
Think something in front of cat flap overnight is a good idea. The other cat may then move on elsewhere
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 21, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
bettycat
slightly serious Dibber

I am a huge animal lover so often have feral cats roaming near my own. The vet gives me a humane cat cage trap and neuters or spays them for me for a minimal cost. I then just leave dried food out and they tend to calm down hugely and stop being so aggressive to my own domestic cats. Best of luck, you can get financial help for neutering through most veterinary practices
bettycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 21, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Firekat
VIP Dibber

Maybe try putting a tray or piece of cardboard covered in aluminium foil in front of the cat flap at night, secured with a rock or something so it doesn't blow away. Cats hate walking over foil, hopefully after a few nights the ginger cat will give up.
Firekat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 21, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Thank you everyone for your replies

We have blocked the cat flap up outside

With a bit of luck it will lose interest, if it doesnt and after a few weeks we let our cat use it again at night we will have to have a rethink

06 FAIRFIELD INN, ASMo 07 POP 08 POP, AKL, HRH, BWV
09 Easter SSR, NAPLES, OKW 09 Christmas
BCV, AKL
10 AKL, Country Inn, BCV 11 Disneyland CA, Las Vegas, San Diego
Christmas 11 Las Vegas 12 SSR 13 Emerald Island 14 AKL, Fairfield Inn,RPR, VWL 15 Emerald Island, Vero Beach April 16 DLP Nov 16 POFQ, AKL April 17 BWV Nov 17 AKL, BLT, Vero Beach 18 DLP 18 Savannah, Daytona Beach 19 AKL BWV 21 Rosen inn@Point, RPR. AMI Island
JoJoBell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List