Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 22 Feb 21, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Cottages in the UK... How Much ?

We have our usual cottage booked for our Norfolk Doggy holiday in April, I so hope we get there. Italy in June... is a hope so but will they let us travel.

So I thought get in early and book a cottage again in Norfolk for September, now I totally understand they must have really suffered in all this but absolutely amazed.

One of the cottages we had before lockdown came to £680 for all of us for a week, now they want nearly a £1,000 !

I hope I am not the only one shocked. xx
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 21, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Yeah prices have shot up, makes Sense as they have had no income for such a long time and the demand is there, it will be sold !

But it is jarring !
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 21, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

I have been looking all over UK for lodge/cottage for a week in the summer and most are around the 1k mark which tbh not sure I can justify sadly!
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 21, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

I am hoping we get to the cottage in April, but am going to bite the bullet and pay the money. I want Dora and Nala to have a great holiday, hopefully twice. xx
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 21, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donz1979 View Post
I have been looking all over UK for lodge/cottage for a week in the summer and most are around the 1k mark which tbh not sure I can justify sadly!
Yes we were the same, found a canvas glamping tent, full kitchen, proper beds, electric TV for the Isle of Wight for the first week of school hols £375 👌.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 21, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Market forces unfortunately, holidays abroad aren’t certain this year so it’s pushing up prices in the U.K. we would not ordinarily look at this type of holiday but we are this year, many many others must be doing the same x
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 21, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

we paid just shy of 1k for 4 nights in a house in northumberland 1st week of sept

this year if we dont get away we will just do days out as the cost is far too much

market forces and that but its a no from mw

Edited at 01:19 PM.
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 21, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I have checked the Norfolk cottage I rented in April 2018 and it is £1400 for a week. I think I rented it for eight or nine days in 2018 and I spent about £1100.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 21, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

One I was looking at 2 weeks ago has jumped £80, not sure whether to book or not! (May half term)
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 21, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

We have booked 2 dog friendly cottages through Airbnb for June and July this year for around £600 pw for 3 adults and a dog.

We booked around a month ago and was really impressed with the range of cottages on offer. Our cottages are in Dorset and West Wales. Both look comfortable and have excellent reviews, the first one is in a picturesque village with a pub serving good meals next door and is around 30 minutes from the coast. The second one is in a lovely town and has a large garden too, this is around 20 minutes from the coast. We did find cottages very close to the coast were slightly dearer.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List