Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 12 Mar 21, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Disney’s New MagicMobile Service To Launch Later This Year

Later this year Disney is planning to roll out a new contactless way for guests to access the theme parks and other features currently available via their MagicBands.

Article with FAQ here..
https://thedibb.com/2021/03/disneys-...ter-this-year/

Edited at 11:48 AM.
Stu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 21, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Still going to stick to magic bands I think. I’ll drop my phone trying to scan into the parks
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 21, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
TinksandFlynn
Excited about Disney

I guess I would like to know as a family of five do we all need to take a mobile phone or is one sufficient that has all family details on. Also if fastpass does come back I assume you use your phone for this, but what if you go your separate ways in the park and then meet up again. How do the people without the phone get on things.
I know I’m probably overthinking it, just curious. We do like the magic bands so we will stick with these if we can, however willing to try this system if it works well.
TinksandFlynn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 21, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Hangfire
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Later this year Disney is planning to roll out a new contactless way for guests to access the theme parks and other features currently available via their MagicBands.

Article...
https://thedibb.com/2021/03/disneys-...ter-this-year/
A well overdue step forward for Disney and it means customers can get most of the magic band benefits without having to buy one.

Hopefully it'll also mean physical tickets can be phased out and a simple validation code can link them direct into MDE... or something like that anyway!
Old 12 Mar 21, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

I much prefer the magic bands and especially at water parks as I leave my phone behind anyway.
Old 12 Mar 21, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
last time I was there I had Magic Band on one wrist and my Apple watch on the other, the number of times I mistakenly tried using fastpass or pay for meals with my Apple watch was getting beyond a joke

So this will save me having those "Senior" moments

Edited at 12:04 PM.
Stu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 21, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I may have to get an Apple Watch...
Old 12 Mar 21, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

I'd still want to use magic bands I think, we all loved them!
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 21, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Article I've read on this today states you can use both, magic band and phone, mix and match. I like the idea personally as I've always got my phone.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 21, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Hangfire View Post
A well overdue step forward for Disney and it means customers can get most of the magic band benefits without having to buy one.
Well, in a way customers would get exactly the same benefits when using the plastic tickets as those who had Magic Bands. And it's not like you needed to pick up new plastic tickets - any plastic ticket (even old ones) linked to your account can be used to access tap-to-enter benefits.

So previously you could buy a digital ticket online, link the validation code to your MDE account, and then use any item linked to your account with an RFID chip in it - old plastic ticket or MagicBand. Now there'll be a third option of linking your phone to your MDE account.

Originally Posted by TinksandFlynn View Post
I guess I would like to know as a family of five do we all need to take a mobile phone or is one sufficient that has all family details on.
Yes, that is a good question.

At the moment, everyone has to have their own 'device' (Magic Band or plastic ticket) to scan. You can't share Magic Bands or tickets. So how will it work with phones - does everyone have to have their own phone?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List