Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 6 Apr 21, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
#1
cd900
Serious Dibber
 
cd900's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 09
Mobile 29th May - am I mad?

Hi, hoping some kind dibbers will give some helpful insights. We werenít planning a trip to Florida for this year but... Iíve been hearing some whispering about the US / UK border opening up mid May and it seems sort of likely the US will be green on our traffic light list. Weíre tied to school holidays and already have plans for summer. Iím seeing some pretty decent package prices that would allow us to go for the June half term (leaving on 29 May) with a £150 deposit (BA). Iím willing to risk the deposit and balance wouldnít need to be paid until 3 weeks before, at which point we would have a better idea of the position. We have a 6 year old and 1 year old. I donít think the masks would be an issue for my DD.

This wouldnít be a once in a lifetime trip. I know the experience would be a bit different with masks and no parades/ fireworks but as this would just be a little bonus getaway I kind of donít mind that.

Would anyone be tempted to book? Or is this madness and I need to step away from the laptop?
__________________

Holiday Inn I-Drive 1995, Embassy Suites I-Drive 1998, Crowne Plaza Universal June 2009, SSR September 2010, SSR August 2016
My Trip Report
cd900 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
#2
Keegan
Getting Excited
 
Join Date: Nov 20
If people can afford the testing requirements and the risk that it could turn Amber/Red when you're away so are willing to isolate on the return or pay for the hotel isolation should it turn red. I don't see why not, everybody is different and open to different risks.

The traffic light system is very similar to the air bridges last summer, should cases rise or a variant of concern be detected they will move down the traffic light at governments discretion.

I'm holding off and hoping to rebook for December time. 3rd time lucky!
Keegan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
#3
kitjos
Serious Dibber
 
kitjos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 18
Location: Peterborough
Lol, i like your style .

Honestly, its a gamble of which im sure you know of. It could go either way at the moment although the leaked info on traffic light system does seem positive for USA . You will be close to the mark of going IF we get the go-ahead from May 17th, but you'l also be one of the first to go .

Im more of a 'do it!' kind of gal, so that's my answer - mainly due to limited commitment of a small deposit (we have done the same for Oct with BA). Just be aware that there may be testing involved for all party members over 2yo so add some £ for that and possible hassle (as im sure all of us will go through at some point)

For me, just to be in the Floridian sunshine is a win, even with a limited experience in the parks xx
__________________
Oct 2021 cancelled - moving on to 2023
1st Universal Trip OR 1st Disney World Trip - Feb 2023
kitjos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
#4
GMickeyB
VIP Dibber
 
GMickeyB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 06
I would say that's a BIG gamble, but you never know it could pay off, and if you aren't bothered about masks then go for it!
GMickeyB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
#5
nadya
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Aug 06

nadya's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
As you sound aware of all possibilities,then why not?.Have a great time if you get to go!
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
#6
juless77
Imagineer
 
juless77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 05
your the same as us ,go if you can and you are aware of it all, we can all dream thats whats keeping us going at the moment x
__________________
Quality Inn Plaza Feb2005
Embassy Suites Feb 2007/2012/2013/2014/2015/2016/2017/2018
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Feb 2009
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Feb 2010
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Sept 2011/2013
juless77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
#7
EssexSue
Imagineer

 
EssexSue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 09
Good for you. I'm still hopeful for June. Someone has to be first!
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
#8
katy341
Imagineer
 
katy341's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 11
We should be going may 25th thankfully we can amend with tui (despite prices bring crazy!) We would have gone 25th May 100% however, we see on the availability calendar that HS is not available at all for our entire stay and MK is starting to fill up too. Serves us right for not sorting tickets but I didnt really think it would go ahead...flights were too much of a bargain!

We are amending today and will pay the 900 extra🙈 for October x
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
#9
cd900
Thread Starter
Serious Dibber
 
cd900's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 09
Mobile

I know... huge gamble! And Iím generally quite risk averse but... £150 Iím willing to risk. Weíre ok to pay for testing and Iím hoping that itís unlikely the US would go from green to amber or red within literally a couple of weeks of travel being allowed. When I think of the possibility it fills my heart with happiness!
__________________

Holiday Inn I-Drive 1995, Embassy Suites I-Drive 1998, Crowne Plaza Universal June 2009, SSR September 2010, SSR August 2016
My Trip Report
cd900 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
#10
ziggyzag
Imagineer
 
ziggyzag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 16
Please go,it means then I can get to go on the 4th June
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in 50th Anniversary
On 22nd June 4:45pm
Beginning Oct. 1, “The World’s Most Magical Celebration” honors the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney... Read More »
Posted in Disneyland Paris News
On 17th June 11:31am
Guests can once again enjoy the outstanding experiences we are known for, from iconic attractions... Read More »
Posted in Seaworld
On 9th June 8:20am
SeaWorld’s first separate-ticketed, nighttime Halloween event, Howl-O-Scream, premieres this fall joining the daytime Halloween Spooktacular... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.3646
CaxtonFX  $1.3543
Covent Garden FX  $1.3697
FAIRFX  $1.3580
John Lewis  $1.3637
M&S  $1.3439
Post Office  $1.3418
Sainsburys  $1.3611
TESCO  $1.3620
Travelex  $1.3600
Updated: 03:00 05/08/2021
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.1491
CaxtonFX  €1.1443
Covent Garden FX  €1.1579
FAIRFX  €1.1425
John Lewis  €1.1484
M&S  €1.1319
Post Office  €1.1303
Sainsburys  €1.1462
TESCO  €1.1476
Travelex  €1.1439
Updated: 03:00 05/08/2021

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now



X