Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Apr 21, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile Hair Dye Help!

Dd15 has mousy dark blonde hair naturally. She was dying it blonde (box dye) but it eventually started going a bit yellowy and she decided she wanted to go chocolate brown. She’s really lucky that this suits her too but after a few months this has faded and is also a bit orangey (not too bad but I think it’s the old blonde coming through). She’d like to go back blonde but has no money for the hair dresser to do it (and I can’t afford such things for her as in my eyes that’s a luxury and she needs to save her own money for.) Anyway, is there anything I can do to improve it until she has saved for the hair dresser? I can’t put a brown dye on for her as that will make it too dark and obviously a blonde wont work now. Do the colour stripping products work does anybody know? Would this take her back almost back to natural? Or are we better off just living with the faded look until she can afford the salon?! Any advice appreciated!
2018 - Villa in Davenport
2022 - Blue Tree Resort
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 21, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Honestly I would wait for the salon Just because I wouldn’t want her to damage her hair as it’ll cost more fixing it in the long run.

I lost a lot of hair in 2015 due to stress 🙄 I’ve spent I don’t know how much on treatments for the last couple of years (obviously not in 2020, cheers rona) trying to get it back. It’s made a huge difference but I would always go to the hair dressers to get it lighter now. I’m very dark though.

Edit: my hair is dark I mean. My skin makes ghosts look tanned.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 21, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Tre85
VIP Dibber

A hair stripping kits would (probably) take out the brown but will most likely just leave her with orangey hair. I used one to remove a pink and my hair was fire!

When you lift your hair to a light colour you remove the warm tones. To go back dark you need to 'fill' the hair so you should use a red dye before using a brown when going from blonde. This will keep the brown for longer. She could try using a dye with a red tone and then a brown but this will be a nightmare to get back to blonde even at a salon. Personally if I was her I would be inclined to either leave it until she can afford a salon dye and use some shampoos for brunette hair or use a semi permanent warm brown to over the orange for a while. Alternatively she could try using a toner to remove the orange tones from her hair but again I would use a semi toner to avoid damage and problems when she wants to go back blonde!
Old 11 Apr 21, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

I would tell her not to touch it anymore and give her hair a rest from box dyes. They are so damaging to hair. ☹️

Might make her more enclined to save her money for the hairdressers too x
lfc_sarah is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

She needs a hairdresser.

I would pay for her to get it sorted at a salon and then tell her that she is banned from box dyes for the foreseeable.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks everyone, I think you’ve all confirmed what I already knew! Shame we can’t just strip it back to basics but she’ll have to be patient.
2022 - Blue Tree Resort
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 21, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

We finally got it sorted….
2022 - Blue Tree Resort