Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Summer in the Wild West of Scotland - Coming Down the Road - Day 7

Summer in the Wild West of Scotland - Coming Down the Road - Day 7

9/7/21

Index is here

Had a horrendous nights sleep. Kept worrying we’d be pinged as close contacts, have nowhere to stay up here and unable to go home because we couldn’t stop for petrol, over active imagination! I was up wandering at 4am and it was beautiful outside.

We needed to be out the cottage by 9 which we managed. Straight on the road and headed for Morar and Mallaig to see what they were like in case we ended up doing another Scottish trip.

The beach at Morar was beautiful but I was surprised how many people were wild camping on the beach, there were masses of tents.

Carried on to Mallaig, Dh was loving the normal roads and saying he wouldn’t mind going to Skye for a trip at some point as the driving wasn’t as bad as he’d thought it might be. Interesting to see these places.

Our next stop was Glenfinnen. We knew we wouldn’t be the right time to see the Jacobite train go past but we headed for the visitors centre anyway. The views from the viewing platform were amazing, the viaduct was great but I loved the view of the Glenfinnen Monument of the highlander to mark the 1745 Jacobite uprising. It was stunning!

We stopped in Fort William. Dh is football obsessed and wanted to see their football ground. Luckily there was someone in doing work who he got chatting to and who invited him in to have a wee look. It would definitely be football with a view here.

The traffic around Fort William was horrendous, we stopped for petrol and grabbed some sandwiches from M&S for lunch.

The parking spots at Glencoe were pretty busy but we stopped to eat our lunch, it wasn’t a good spot for having a wander.

The roads into Edinburgh were mental with the bypass just crawling along, we eventually made it home around 5.30pm. Went to pick up our wee dog and had a takeaway pizza for tea.

All in all, although it was a totally different holiday to what we are used to we loved it. It was so nice to have a change of scenery. I would absolutely recommend this area of Scotland, it was truly beautiful, hopefully we will get back to Florida soon but I would also like to do more Scottish holidays in the future.

Edited at 02:36 PM.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Fab wee holiday. I enjoyed reading along. Hopefully you will get back to Florida soon🤞🤞 xx
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Really enjoyed reading along, photos look great and you have had some lovely food too. I need to add some of your days out on my to do list.
We have just returned from our own little adventures in Scotland, the weather has been scorching hot (shouldn’t be complaining) so been a little bit limited in what we could explore as we had the puppy with us and we had to keep her cool!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

A lovely last day and some fabulous scenery

Thank you for writing this I have enjoyed reading along and I cannot wait for another Scottish road trip for ourselves
Old 26 Jul 21, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Great trip! Would you not have been tempted to take your dog with you? X
Old 26 Jul 21, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Cutiepie View Post
Fab wee holiday. I enjoyed reading along. Hopefully you will get back to Florida soon🤞🤞 xx
Thanks, it was lovely to be away. Fingers crossed. Not sure our October trip is looking that likely now though.

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Really enjoyed reading along, photos look great and you have had some lovely food too. I need to add some of your days out on my to do list.
We have just returned from our own little adventures in Scotland, the weather has been scorching hot (shouldn’t be complaining) so been a little bit limited in what we could explore as we had the puppy with us and we had to keep her cool!
Thanks. The weather has been crazily warm, where were you exploring? I can imagine it was difficult to keep the puppy cool, Noodles hasn’t been out and about too much this week with the heat. I hope you still enjoyed your travels though.

Originally Posted by P&S View Post
A lovely last day and some fabulous scenery

Thank you for writing this I have enjoyed reading along and I cannot wait for another Scottish road trip for ourselves
Thanks. Do you have a set area in mind, just Edinburgh for Hogmanay? I am ashamed to say I’d never even heard of Arbnamurchen before this trip, it’s great there are such amazing places we can still visit.

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
Great trip! Would you not have been tempted to take your dog with you? X
We thought about it, not sure what we did would have been suited to her. She’s pretty timid and she’s not a fan of really long walks although she does way more now with us, she belonged to my Aunt before she passed away and led a fairly quiet life. My mil adores her and the feelings mutual, so she was pretty keen to have her.

Edited at 10:19 PM.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What an amazing trip, I must say there are just so many wonderful places to visit in the U.K. I loved seeing all your beautiful pics and amazing beach and nature walks. Xx
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
What an amazing trip, I must say there are just so many wonderful places to visit in the U.K. I loved seeing all your beautiful pics and amazing beach and nature walks. Xx
Thanks. So nice to be able to do something. Your Bamburgh was lovely as well, like you say some great UK places to visit. I think London might be our October back up plan.
Old 27 Jul 21, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Dollymixture
Excited about Disney

Have really enjoyed this trip report! We are off to fort William and glenfinnan and Mallaig in a couple of days, your photos are stunning.

Ps. Your dog is adorable
Dollymixture is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Dollymixture View Post
Have really enjoyed this trip report! We are off to fort William and glenfinnan and Mallaig in a couple of days, your photos are stunning.

Ps. Your dog is adorable
Thank you. I hope you have a wonderful trip. Some really stunning scenery up there.