Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 27 Jul 21, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Would you book now for Tenerife?

For the very end of August.

Not sure whether to book or wait to see what happens.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

I wouldn’t.
If I was going to book a holiday abroad I’d book it to go imminently just incase but obviously that’s just my opinion.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I wouldn’t book anywhere more than 1-2 weeks in advance at the moment, things change too quickly.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I wouldn’t book either. I have Lanzarote booked for September but I won’t be going. I don’t want to have to pay for all the tests and I would worry the whole time I was there about rules changing.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We got back yesterday from Lanzarote, very easy there and back however we only booked the week prior to going and returned before the next announcement.
RM2016 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
newstewart
Apprentice Imagineer

Intending to book Lanzarote within next few days travelling on 18th August.
No travel is without risk
newstewart is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

I would only book a week in advance at the moment - too much uncertainty for me.

I would have a shortlist ready to book so I was familiar with the travel requirements.

I’m sort of planning an early October break to either the Canaries, Malta, Barbados or Jamaica but I’m not booking until a week ahead. In the meantime I’m enjoying researching all the hotels!

I also have a shortlist of Airbnb’s at Passe A Grill FL but I am not hopeful that will come off!
Old 27 Jul 21, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Thanks all. Apparently Tenerife have just gone to tier 4 so I’m not going to take the risk at the moment. Don’t want to end up somewhere with more restrictions than we have here.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We considered it, having last week had California cancelled.

With all of the current uncertainty, we have decided to give all foreign travel a miss, staying in Cornwall and making the best of a terrible year.
The Kayaks will take a hammering!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsB87
Imagineer

I would book and just assess the risk. We booked Malta and booked a hotel we could cancel until the day before. The only risk was £298 of flights and our insurance covered that. Then if anything changes I could just deal with it. But we got there easy enough. I’ve had Dubai booked for September for a while and that’s still going to be red so I’m just going to move it on and book somewhere else like Greece.
MrsB87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List