Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Dec 21, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

Oh god if they change it pcr 24hrs before instead of lateral flow ... people are struggling to get a proof of recovery letter as it is...this would 100% be needed if they enforce pcr... how on earth would everyone get them back in time?!
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
I hope it's not PCR's 24hrs before the flight. That would be a headache and an expensive one at that 🙄
My understanding is that is is PCR 24hrs before scheduled flight departure and test on arrival (I have asked if that is Antigen or PCR) but the former seems to be what the chatter from informed sources are saying . The latter tbc and quarantine unlikely
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

On NBC this morning they did mention quarantine on arrival.

People are saying that there is no mechanism to check so alluding to the fact that they won't do it. If you do get caught I would imagine that you won't be coming back again. The Americans don't take these things lightly.

Re printing off attestation/vaccine certificates. They did check some peoples at MCO but not ours. On the plane they advised that if we had electronic only that we took a screen shot just in case no signal.
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
My understanding is that is is PCR 24hrs before scheduled flight departure and test on arrival (I have asked if that is Antigen or PCR) but the former seems to be what the chatter from informed sources are saying . The latter tbc and quarantine unlikely
It’s still either but could change at any minute I guess
Travel certainly keeps us on our toes atm
Old 1 Dec 21, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sully301 View Post
On NBC this morning they did mention quarantine on arrival.

People are saying that there is no mechanism to check so alluding to the fact that they won't do it. If you do get caught I would imagine that you won't be coming back again. The Americans don't take these things lightly.

Re printing off attestation/vaccine certificates. They did check some peoples at MCO but not ours. On the plane they advised that if we had electronic only that we took a screen shot just in case no signal.
Can I do my quarantine at animal kingdom? 😂
Old 1 Dec 21, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

What 24hrs now? since when? or are you saying this will be coming in

Edited at 04:17 PM.
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaBears90
Having Dinner with Goofy

PCR test would be another few hundred pound and extra stress.
FloridaBears90 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Chilli-pepper View Post
What 24hrs now? since when? or are you saying this will be coming in
Until it is announced it is stays quo but that is what is suggested will be announced tomorrow - effective date ? Who knows but prudent thinking means I will book my PCR for day before I fly - bookings will get snapped up and prices rise.

A friend is flying to Dublin on Friday and heard today she needs a PCR so that is her job tomorrow - things can move quickly
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

Until it is announced it is stays quo but that is what is suggested will be announced tomorrow - effective date ? Who knows but prudent thinking means I will book my PCR for day before I fly - bookings will get snapped up and prices rise.

A friend is flying to Dublin on Friday and heard today she needs a PCR so that is her job tomorrow - things can move quickly
That's fine, thanks for clarifying, I am getting my test tonight for Friday I am not moving it to tomorrow as this would incur an unnecessary cost - if they announce tomorrow the change to 24hrs I cant see it being instigated from Friday.
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
penguin19
Imagineer

penguin19's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Do you know if it will be 24 hours before we fly or just the day before?

if 24 hours, we are pretty screwed. Husband is a teacher, our flight is at 2pm Saturday. Most test centres I have seen that do a same day turnaround shut at 3.30 to 4pm - we can't get there in time from school.

If the day before we could do an early friday test before school

(wo)MAN vs FOOD - August 2017 food trip report
penguin19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List