Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 5 May 22, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Ohanaa
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

COMPLETE - (2022) Hopefully we don’t gain too many lbs! 22 day food report for Disney & Universal

I thought I would join in and do a dining report. Iv really enjoyed reading loads of them on here and found them so helpful.

This will be my first food report *ever* so I don’t know how good it will be! Apologies in advance😂

However.. we are going (LFT permitting) to the US flying from Gatwick to MCO on the 18th May til the 9th June. We have a nights stay in London the night before in a premier inn I think (only part of the holiday I didn’t book) so for us the holiday officially starts on the 17th when the kids come home from school.

We have 14 days staying on site in Disney (All stars music) and we then switch hotels to Aventura on the 1st June until the 9th.

We have days booked in to visit Discovery Cove, Sea world & Aquatica as well.

On this holiday will be …

- Myself (Chantelle)
- My partner (Ash)
- Our two kids who are Faye (10) and Alfie (8).

Our youngest has Autism and he’s non verbal but he loves to eat ALOT. He still manages to be incredibly fussy so me and him may end up sharing a few meals as you never know when he’s going to reject a whole meal he has previously eaten many times! Food waste can be fairly high at home and with Disney prices I don’t want to take the risk 😂 He will also turn 9 when we are in Universal ☺️

As this is our first time to Disney & first time in the US we are pretty much winging it food wise as there are lots of snacks and things Faye & myself want to try. This Includes some things from Walmart as Faye is desperate to go and try some American food.

We do however have Space 220 lounge, Sci-fi, T-Rex & a breakfast at Ohana booked for our stay.

The rest will be a mixture of quick service, off site and LOTS of snacks!

I am a self confessed snacker with a massive sweet tooth. I prefer to snack throughout the day then eat meals and would pick a pudding over a main meal every time if I could. I have seen lots of snacks I want to try in Disney/Universal.

We have no solid plans of where or what we will eat each day except the meals planned above so it will all be a surprise.

I will try to add how much things cost too for anyone that’s interested 🙃

Edited at 01:42 PM.
Ohanaa is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 22, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I am loving these food reports, thank you for taking the time

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 22, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Ohanaa

Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post
I am loving these food reports, thank you for taking the time
No problem. Iv enjoyed reading them so much since I joined this site last year so I think it’s only fair I do one too!

I will be *trying* to update it as I go along when I get a quiet moment 😁
Old 5 May 22, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Looking forward to following along
I did my first live trip report a few weeks ago & I loved it 🙊🇺🇸❤️

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 22, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
fletchie148
Imagineer

Looking forward to following along, can’t wait
2000 - Disney All Star Movies 2000 - 2007 - Quality Inn International. 2005 - Quality Inn Suites 2008 - The Fountains 2009 - Orange Lake 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Vista Cay 2017. The Grove Resort & Spa 2018
Majorca - Tonga Towers 2019. Orange Lake 2020 - never happened. Orange Lake 2022. Orange Lake 2023
fletchie148 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 22, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Sounds like you have an amazing trip planned! Can’t wait to follow along!
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 22, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I hope you all have a fantastic time, your first trip to USA and you're off to the most magical place on earth My kids were 9 and 7 on our first trip to WDW and it was a great trip, we only did 1 TS dinner and the rest was QS and snacks. It worked really well as it was so hot they didn't really ever fancy big meals and they were able to pick at stuff.

As far as the food report goes, if you remember to take photos of all your meals and if the ones you do take aren't blurry then you will do better than my first food report LOL it is fun writing it all up and sharing it with everyone.

Enjoy your holiday, not long now!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 22, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Have an amazing trip and I can’t wait to follow along!
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 22, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
hipthehippo
Imagineer

Looking forward to following!

Growing old is mandatory, but, growing up is optional
"Live a Life that Matters" - Michael Josephson - RIP Dad 20.07.05
2006, 2007 - Rolling Hills / 2008 - Villa - can't remember! / 2009, 2010 - Sunset Lakes / 2011 - Indian Creek / 2012 - Sunset Lakes / 2013 - Emerald Island / 2014, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2023 - Sunset Lakes
hipthehippo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 22, 05:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Ohanaa

Thanks everyone.

Iv been awake since 4.30am now just waiting to do the LFT consultation which is booked for 8.20am!
I tested myself, partner and my daughter yesterday and all neg but didn’t test my son as he is going to have a epic headfit when we do it today and didn’t want to traumatise him twice.

Fingers crossed he’s not too bad today. 🤞🏻 I will have to drive him to school after our tests are done as the app we have is 10 minutes after his school bus would of collected him.

All going well we will be going up to London to our hotel about 5pm this evening.

~ if anyone could tell me how you do multiple quotes in one post I would appreciate it. I can’t figure it out but Iv seen others do it ☺️

Edited at 05:44 AM.