Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos
Orlando Attractions

Old 21 Nov 06, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Dizzy
Imagineer

I Wonder If That's A Dibber... Pt8... Chef Mickey's, Seaworld and a Dibb Meet.

Sarah... 40 ... that'll be me
DH Martin... 41... 'I wonder if they're dibbers...dibb, dibb, dibb'
DS Dale... 17... 'This time I cant wait to go'
DD Shannon..10... A Proper Little Madam

DD Lauren... 21... Disney Virgin
DSIL Sion... 23... Deserves a medal

Saturday 14th October... Chef Mickey's, Seaworld and a Dibb meet.

Somehow we managed to drag ourselves out of bed early enough to make our 8.30am ADR at Chef Mickeys... no photo's ...obviously Martin was too busy stuffing his face. We arrived at the Contemporary a with only a few minutes to spare. Last time we came here we checked in and were kept waiting for absolutely ages while others who came well after us were shown in...not this time. We checked in and didn't even have time to be shepherded to have our photo taken before our pager went off and we were shown to our seat.

Our server was Robert but before he even had the chance to introduce himself Mickey had appeared at our table...in fact he was so quick I hadn't even turned the camcorder on. We then had Dale...Shannon gave him a hug but was upset because Lauren had gone to get food and wasn't there to meet him. Chip came next and still no Lauren.

Luckily Lauren did decide to leave some food for everybody else and was back to the table in time for Minnie and Pluto who ran round the table and hugged her. He then insisted that Dale got up and had a hug as well... it's funny how a 17 year old who is too old for 'all that stuff' looked like he was really enjoying himself . Shannon had a last hug before he went and he gave her a kiss, well so she said, it looked like he was trying to eat her to me.

It was then time to Celebrate with Mickey Mouse and we all waved our napkins frantically in the air...it's even funnier watching a 42 year old man really enjoying doing this...lol, if his mates at work could see him now . I just happened to glance up and saw cleaners dangling over the balconies twirling towels around... it was so funny. I got it on tape but unfortunately no photos...at last something Martin has to take the blame for. Goofy came to see us on his way back to the entrance and then Dale made a second appearance followed by Chip again who hugged Shannon and a red faced Sion. We had a second go at the napkin twirling and this time the kids followed the characters around the room.

Somewhere in between all this activity we enjoyed a very nice breakfast which came to $121.35 + gratuity for the 6 of us.

Of course we couldn't get out of the Contemporary without a look around the shops and a look on the pin stand...I had to buy a Maleficent pin saying 'Being bad just comes naturally to me'...well I hadn't seen it anywhere else.

We had decided to go to Seaworld today as Lauren and Sion had to check in at Sanford by 4pm for their flight home. We all had free admission with our Discovery Cove passes. We arrived at around 10.30am and went straight to the dolphin nursery to see the babies. Lauren then wanted to ride Kraken (What ...not shop? ) and we were lucky enough to only have to wait a few minutes. Both Lauren and Sion loved it...Shannon was upset because she still isn't big enough to go on it...darn it, I suppose that means we'll have to go back in a few years. Oh well, if we must.

The bottom lip soon stopped dragging along the floor when she was asked if she wanted to go on Journey to Atlantis. Martin went on this for the first time and did ask if this would count as the ride he promised to do this holiday. The short answer was 'no..he always does water rides and it hardly counts as a rollercoaster'. I decided to wait for them and dibb watch, after all the biggest dibb meet was happening later on in this park. I also didn't want to get my hair wet as I knew it would go frizzy in case I met any of them... I don't know why I bothered, it did anyway. I stood near to the entrance of the ride laughing at the people who came down the drop thinking they had got away with it and then got soaked by the sprays. I was looking forward to seeing this happen to my lovely family when they finally appeared but when they did appear (after half an hour) nothing happened... disappointed? I could have cried. Martin told me that you have to put money in the machines in front of the ride..drat if I'd have known I would have put a coin in every machine.

We went to the dolphin underwater viewing area next for a few minutes before going to the cove and attempting to touch the dolphins. We were hoping to feed them before Lauren and Sion had to leave but feeding time wasn't due and we didn't have time to wait around.

Off to see the Stingrays next and Lauren and Sion decided they wanted to feed them before we went to the Cypress Bakery and fed ourselves. We love the Cypress Bakery and no visit to Seaworld is complete without a drink and a cake. First of all we have to get Shannon a chocolate ice cream dish from Polar Parlor ($3.40) and then we get a Blue cupcake and a medium soda for Dale and a Chocolate Gateau slice for me which I share with Martin in exchange for a few sips of his coke (total $11.95). Lauren and Sion hardly ate anything, Lauren had started to become very quiet... definitely not like Lauren. Their time was rapidly running out and the holiday we had been planning for 18 months was nearly over for them.
Somebody was starting to get tired already...

Lauren and Sion had seen a gift for Lauren's gran that they wanted to get before they went so while they went back to the store I went to guest services to check what we needed to do to get back in later, mainly that we didn't have to pay again for parking. That is when we were told that because we had the DC passes we could have just paid an extra $15 and we could have preferred parking at Seaworld no matter how many times we visited in the 3 weeks (the same applies to Busch Gardens). We paid $5 (on top of the $10 we had paid for that day) but didn't bother with upgrading it for Busch as well because we didn't know how often we would get there.

We almost had to drag Lauren out of the park she so desperately didn't want to go home and she almost didn't have to as I proceeded to get us totally lost. I still don't know how I did it but after about half an hour we ended up on the 417. We prefer the I4 but didn't want to get lost again and used the situation to our advantage and got rid of loads of the one cents pieces and dimes that we had collected over the week. We parked the car in the same car park that we had picked it up in a week before and walked Lauren and Sion up to Check in...well I had to see how much excess they had to pay... what nothing . I couldn't believe it, all the girl had done was shop.

A tearful goodbye, especially from Shannon and we set off for our return to Seaworld. As we drove along Lady Mary Boulevard we spotted a Dun kin' doughnuts ... noooooooooo, Lauren didn't get to try the Dun kin' DoughDoughnuts that she so desperately wanted. I did feel a little sad that I hadn't been well and hoped that it hadn't ruined their week too much. It had been quite a stressful week, all the waiting around in shops when you're not well isn't much fun neither is the fact that even though our kids leave home and have homes of their own when you go on holiday you are expected to clean up after them and do their washing. Not just theirs either but their partners as well. I do feel though that it was really good for Shannon to have her big sister around for a week, they don't see a lot of each other at home as they are both so busy and she is at the age I think when she would enjoy seeing more of her. Lauren loved Orlando, the parks, the weather, everything. Sion, apparently, preferred Salou ... OK we all enjoyed Dragon Khan but how on earth can you compare Salou to Orlando. Maybe if he had had a week longer and could have experienced the coasters at Busch Gardens he may have enjoyed it more. ...Never mind, as I said to another Dibber (you know who you are) I think you either 'get' Disney or you don't

We easily found the I4 and arrived back at Seaworld around 6.25 calling in at McDonald's on the way. Half heartedly I raced the others towards the entrance, everybody was sure to have gone by now. Then I noticed one of Ian's (Big Dog's) great Dibb Meet badges. I can't remember the name (sorry) but it read Ali65's DH..I remembered to introduce myself this time and was told that the others were meeting at the Hospitality Tent at 6pm. Well that settled it then, from what I knew of the Dibbers in question they would be there for hours.

Drat I forgot it was a Spooktacular night... it took the kids ages to visit all the trick or treat stations ...didn't they realise they were cutting into my valuable dibbing time.

I was full of confidence right up until we walked across the bridge to Hospitality, I noticed a group sitting at a table to the right hand side and nearly ran the other way. Instead I sent Martin to the bar, took a deep breath and said something along the lines of 'this looks like a shady bunch...got to be Dibbers'. That broke the ice anyway... although things got a bit frosty for a few moments when I realised I was standing next to a Rotherham supporter. Sorry Steve, if you read this...lol.

Well we lost the kids... Dale wandered off up to the arcade and Shannon absolutely loved Kate and Ben (boy did she like Ben ). Unfortunately there is a 2 drink limit at the hospitality tent...fortunately however, Martin was driving so somebody had to drink his. I did think about you Shelly...briefly, OK very briefly
Martin did have the camera with him but he only take a couple and I cant post them. We really need a camera for our next trip that takes great night shots. The one we have is great for point and shoot but not much good for anything else.

I felt totally relaxed, chatting and I think the fact that I knew we could slow down a bit now if we wanted to helped. We did end up being asked to leave, very politely and I did ask Rob if he could get us a lock in but in the end we started our slow... veeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrryyyyyyy slow walk to the exit and said our goodbyes.

I am ashamed to say that we ended up at the Winn Dixie near to our villa and got something quick for tea. We actually wanted to get a takeaway but didn't really know where to go and I just wanted to get back and get to bed and look forwards to a hopefully slower two weeks to come.
Indian Creek Villa
October 7th - October 28th 2006
3 weeks in Heaven
Dizzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
RPR & AKL ..with added Star Wars
Old 21 Nov 06, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
kirlie91
Imagineer

kirlie91's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Think you will need the slower weeks! lol

May 05/A S Movies - Toy Story
May 06/Villa Remington. May 2007/Villa Calabay Parc.
Nov/Dec 08 - Orange Lake. April 2012 - Orange Lake. August 2015 - Orange Lake.
kirlie91 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
6th time - can't wait!
Old 21 Nov 06, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Claire44
Imagineer

Another hectic day Sarah, I agree with you about having to look after them on holiday even after they have left home, just be thankful you didn't have to pick up after a Sheff U supporter! Must have been very strange for you when you left Lauren & Sion at the airport.
Old 21 Nov 06, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post

How sad to be saying your goodbyes, hope the Dibb meet made up for it a little, it was lovely to finally meet you all properly. The kids seemed to really get on well, they were pretty good at the trick or treating and I think they enjoyed the meet almost as much as the adults.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List Reply With Quote
Old 21 Nov 06, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Chelle27
Imagineer

Chelle27's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
A nice day apart from the goodbyes!

http://photobucket.com/albums/v495/OrlandoBelle/Glitter%20sigs/Chelle2.gif

Hawthorn Suites @ Seaworld July 2005
High Grove, Clermont, July 2006
The Bad Hair Trip Report - July 2005

The Your Eyes Are Bigger Than Your Bellie Trippie - August 2006
Chelle27 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Girly Weekend in Notts!
Old 21 Nov 06, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Sarah - I have been 'saving' these reports, to read them all together as a treat, when posted, for a day when Sean's in work and the kids in school... but I couldn't resist this one

Originally Posted by Dizzy
... and Shannon absolutely loved Kate and Ben (boy did she like Ben ).
Will it worry you, if I tell you this was mutual? Ben was really taken with Shannon, he said she was "great"... and spent a good bit of time at TL, when we knew you were there the same day as us, looking for her And he was gutted when he didn't find her - he went on about her all day!

Great report - I am still gonna save the rest though

Love Suexx
Old 21 Nov 06, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Dizzy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sean_and_Sue
Will it worry you, if I tell you this was mutual? Ben was really taken with Shannon, he said she was "great"... and spent a good bit of time at TL, when we knew you were there the same day as us, looking for her And he was gutted when he didn't find her - he went on about her all day!

Love Suexx
Sue, it wouldn't worry me a bit...Ben is lovely (as were all the kids) it's just a shame they cant get together more often... mmmmm, I feel a plan coming on... SUMMER CAMP... Yeahhhhhhhhh

Lynn, what you really mean is I finally introduce myself instead of making a complete fool of myself

Lol Claire...I wish that was true...I'm married to one remember
Indian Creek Villa
October 7th - October 28th 2006
3 weeks in Heaven
Dizzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
RPR & AKL ..with added Star Wars
Old 21 Nov 06, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Claire44
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dizzy

Lol Claire...I wish that was true...I'm married to one remember
How on earth did I forget that I was thinking they only had one fan
Old 22 Nov 06, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Villainlover
VIP Dibber

Villainlover's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I did think about you Shelly...briefly, OK very briefly
awww I was there in spirit .. thanks for the likkle thought LOL

great report .. glad you had a great meet ... Chef Mickeys sounded fun.

I think you did magnificently the first week .. I don't think I would have been able to do as much as you did feeling so poorly.. look forward to reading the rest of your report they are great
Indian Ridge 1995/6/7 Oak Island Harbour 1998 Indian Point 1999 Eagle ridge 2000 Crescent lakes 2001 Indian Ridge Oaks 2003 Highlands Reserve 2004/5
Hampton Inn Convention centre 2007
Hampton lakes 2008 Highlands reserve 2009
Highlands Reserve 2010/11/12/13/14/15
Villainlover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
3 weeks on I drive
Old 22 Nov 06, 01:14 AM  
Link to this Post

Shelly - have you not seen my avatar?

It's me, at SeaWorld meet, raising a glass to you - as promised

Sarah - one of the best thing about that meet was the way all the kids were lovely and how they all got on well - meaning they all b******d off, and left us 'grown ups' to enjoy ourselves I really like the idea of Summer Camp

Love Suexx