Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 22 Nov 06, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Dizzy
Imagineer

I Wonder If That's A Dibber... Pt9... Typhoon Lagoon & Hooters For A Dibb Meet

Sunday 15th October... Typhoon Lagoon & Hooters for a Dibb Meet

We had a bit of a lie in today and didn't get up until 8am . I thought Typhoon Lagoon would be busy by the time we got there around 9.30 but it didn't even open until 10am. We already had our costumes on under our clothes so grabbed loungers in a secluded spot near the wave pool, stripped off and made sure our towels were over our loungers before Shannon and myself wondered off to get a locker. We went to Singapore Sal's for a locker key and came out with locker key, sweets, Tinkerbell flip flops for Shannon, magazine, a refillable mug (the best buy of the week) and ermmmmmm more pins

Martin and the kids were straight in the wave pool while I just lay on the lounger, read my magazine, laughed at Shannon trying to jump over the waves and relaxed... heaven. Well it was for about an hour anyway, then the tribe returned...oh well nice while it lasted. It was a bit early but we were hungry already so we bought some pizza followed with 2 lots of hot doughnuts...yummy.

It was only now the sand had been disturbed by the kids that I noticed the cigarette butts all over. The park was pretty full now and we didn't really want to have to look for somewhere else so we just had to try and cover them as much as possible. Now I used to be a smoker BUT always respected the smoking area rules and if I could smoke anywhere else I always disposed of everything properly... what we found there was disgusting... ok rant over.

I decided I couldn't hide in my swimsuit all day so, keeping my eyes peeled for dibbers, I made my way to Castaway Creek. We finally managed to grab some inflatables and I climbed on, shut my eyes and drifted and drifted and drifted then AAAAAAAAARRRGHHH, I didn't know about the waterfall How lovely, the nice photopass photographer snapped me just at the right moment, wonder how she would like a dip? Dale took the pass from her or I may just have pulled her in...lol. We had a wander round the park which is really beautiful and watched the swimmers in Shark Reef

Dale and myself left Martin and Shannon to go of and do some of the slides and we went for a walk to the other side of the park because Dale wanted to walk as far round as we could to where the waves came out in the wave pool. Crikey, they are big waves .

I finally felt brave enough to go in the wave pool, as far as my knees anyway and had great fun for half an hour before the others came back and we decided enough was enough.

We had arranged to meet Claire (Claire44), John and family for a meal that evening so we left the park at around 4pm and returned to the villa for showers and a change of clothes.

Sadly by the time we got to the Seaworld meet the previous day we had missed a lot of people and although we had looked for Mr Taz's famous car in the car park we didn't see it or him. But as we drove down International Drive on our way to meet Claire Martin all of sudden shouted 'DIBB, DIBB, DIBB' and pointed at the car just yards in front of us. 'Well hurry up then' I shouted and waved my Dibb Meet badge frantically. We didn't get quite close enough for me to see the driver, we may have done but I realised that we had actually passed Pointe Orlando a long time ago. Whoops.

We parked in the big car park at the side of Pointe Orlando and set out to try and find Johnny Rockets. Martin pointed out a shop, Spencer Gifts, that was full of Halloween costumes, accessories and a lot of Goth stuff. I was looking out for costumes for MNSSHP so we had a browse in there. Unfortunately we didn't have time to buy anything then and they shut at 7pm so we wouldn't have time after the meal. I made a mental note to return before the day of the party.

Shannon's attention was caught by a shop selling Heely's...$69.mmmmmmmmmmm, we'll see later on (somebody is likely to break their neck on them). I was just dragging her out of the shop when I spotted Claire and Michelle.

We were supposed to be eating at Johnny Rockets but Claire asked me if I had had a look in there, 'no, why?' asks I 'well it looks a bit uu mmmmmmmmmmmmmm' said Claire and I knew what was going to come next ... 'and there's no bar'. Oh well, that did it then. None of us really knew Pointe Orlando so we didn't know where else we could eat, except for one place... did we have a choice? Did we really care? What the heck, Hooter's here we come.

We had a lovely meal in fantastic company (even the Blade...who actually knew something about football ) and talked about all of you... lol. Claire told us about the problems they had had with their hire car which is something that we'll come back to later. It was only when our meal had nearly finished that we realised nobody had taken any photo's...whoops, how could we go to Hooters and not take any photo's. Martin says it is just another excuse to go back and the view was excellent

2 large Pepsi's, 1 kids Pepsi, 2 glasses of Chardonnay , BBQ sandwich, Kids Chicken Strips, 1 Hooters Burger with Mushrooms, chili and Cheese, 1 Hooters burger with cheese and 2 Choc. Mousse Cake came to $54.71 + gratuity.

We arrived back at our villa by 9pm, checked in on the dibb very briefly. Why aren't you all up at 2.30am when I want to 'talk' to you? I had to settle for a Budweiser and the the hot tub instead. We had had ten minutes of bliss when would you believe it the noise started from over the road. I looked at Martin and said 'I don't believe it... the b***** neighbours have followed us'. I really was LMAO, nothing else was going to mar my enjoyment of this holiday.
Indian Creek Villa
October 7th - October 28th 2006
3 weeks in Heaven
Dizzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 06, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Claire44
Imagineer

Another great day Sarah, can't believe we didn't bump into you at typhoon lagoon. We all really enjoyed the meal and I can't wait for the installment with your car problems - I like to know what I am being blamed for
Old 22 Nov 06, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Villainlover
VIP Dibber

Villainlover's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
glad you had a great day I haven't been to a water park ...yet ...

thanks for sharing

Buenaventura Lakes 1993
Indian Ridge 1995/6/7 Oak Island Harbour 1998 Indian Point 1999 Eagle ridge 2000 Crescent lakes 2001 Indian Ridge Oaks 2003 Highlands Reserve 2004/5
Hampton Inn Convention centre 2007
Hampton lakes 2008 Highlands reserve 2009
Highlands Reserve 2010/11/12/13/14/15
Villainlover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 06, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Another great day

Dawn
Old 22 Nov 06, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Another great day
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 06, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Chelle27
Imagineer

Chelle27's Reviews
Glad you managed to get into the wave pool! Typhoon Lagoon is our fave!

http://photobucket.com/albums/v495/OrlandoBelle/Glitter%20sigs/Chelle2.gif

Hawthorn Suites @ Seaworld July 2005
High Grove, Clermont, July 2006
The Bad Hair Trip Report - July 2005

The Your Eyes Are Bigger Than Your Bellie Trippie - August 2006
Chelle27 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 06, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Hot tub + Bud sounds great though I'd swap the Bud for a red wine!
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 06, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
More pins Sarah Sounds just like me Great report

We mistakenly sat in the smoking area of TL and it was not nice.

Glad you enjoyed your meal with Claire and family.

Caron
Old 28 Nov 06, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Glad you got a bit of R&R this morning, well deserved!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 06, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8
another good day, you certainly are on the go from early in the morning - wish my lot were like that - no photos of hooters?
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List