Old 2 Oct 10, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
redspottyowl
Imagineer

redspottyowl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
A Bargain Hunters pre trip report - going Nov 2011

Hi All,

I am relatively new to the Dibb but some of you may recognise me from other forums/blogs . I like to save money on virtually everything and be absolutely sure that I have got the best deal I can.

You will have to excuse my initial bland thread as I need to get used to using this site properly, but I thought it would be good to share ideas etc of how I have saved money and also for all of you to pass on your tips!

I have been to Orlando before, when I was pregnant with Izzy so we didnt really visit the parks as I couldn't go on any rides, but we did do lots of shopping, this time things will be in reverse, except hopefully still have time to cram in some shopping!

I am married to Luke and we have 2 daughters Izzy (5) and Phoebe (2). I am in my final year of a Social Work degree so money has been really tight. I am hoping that by the time we go on holiday next year I will be fully qualified and employed! .

We are planning the trip for Nov 2011 and my parents (grandma Ruth and Grandad Ian) will also be coming as Mum is 60 that year and it was how she wanted to celebrate!

Soooo...

Considering it is over a year away this trip has already taking quite a bit of organising and I have arranged a fair bit already!

Done

Accommodation - Mum and Dad have timeshare with RCI so we have managed to do an upgrade and get a stunning apartment for 2 weeks, we will be staying at the Grand Beach I resort on Lake Bryan ( if anyone has any experience of this please let me know ) - Due to Mum and Dad's time share this didn't cost us anything!

Airmiles - Flights haven't been booked yet but have saved enough airmiles through tesco points to pay for the 4 flights ( need to pay £550 cash top up) I am itching to book these but the dates have not yet been released.

Luggage - 2 x pink trunki's purchased by Grandma for the girls - on offer in Sainsburys for £19.99 when thy had 1/3 off luggage. Today I have just ordered the bags that go inside them from amazon for £7.99 best price i have seen as usually £9.99.

Savings - Just ordered a Fairfx card via a link from Opodo so I wasn't charged the £9.95 fee, I intend to transfer all ebay profits onto here!

Sorry for the lengthy first post, I am so excited especially after reading other pre- trip reports on here! Still lots to sort but basics seem to be more or less there!

Look forward to any tips and hints! Nice meeting you all!

Kenzie

Edited at 08:24 PM. Reason: jumbled post
redspottyowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 10, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Sounds like you definitely grabbed some bargains. Happy planning!
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 10, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahewoods
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Hi Kenzie, great start... you are good with the bargains, maybe i should take a leave out of your book.
You are also very organised for a year out.
Your little girl will have the time of their lifes.
Looking forward to more xx
sarahewoods is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 10, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
deeley
Imagineer

Hey hey hey another new trippie! busy on here, eh?! Look forward to following
Covid cancelled Aug 2020!
Back to NYC Dec 22
deeley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 10, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
taran_j
slightly serious Dibber

Hi Kenzie...

looks like we're off to Florida at the same time! I was considering doing a pre-trippe but wasn;t sure if i was over excited, but you've now opened the floodgates for me, so i may have to join in the pre-trippie fun very soon

You are a mega bargain hunter! I've also opened a Fairfx card to put ebay profits on, and am taking advantage of any free listing weekends that come along to help!

Looking forward to reading more as time goes on!

Emily x x
taran_j is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 10, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
redspottyowl
Imagineer

redspottyowl's Reviews
[QUOTE=taran_j;5377885]Hi Kenzie...

looks like we're off to Florida at the same time! I was considering doing a pre-trippe but wasn;t sure if i was over excited, but you've now opened the floodgates for me, so i may have to join in the pre-trippie fun very soon

Hey Emily, I think from reading some of your other posts, you live in South Wales too! We go on 4th Nov - if I can get my flights!
redspottyowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 10, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald88
Imagineer

Great start, we are going 28 October next year so will be there at the same time, just waiting for flights to be released so i can start my planning. I'm sure the girls will have an amazing time and love Mickey and Co. Looking forward to hearing more.
macdonald88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 10, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_Diva
Imagineer

Great start to your pre trippie x
WDW 2020 POR
Disney_Diva is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 10, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
redspottyowl
Imagineer

redspottyowl's Reviews
I would like to thank Taran_J for the tip ref fair-fx card,

These things are fun..and fun is good NYC/Orlando May/June 15 Pretrippy
Adults are only kids grown up pretrippy Oct/Nov 2013
A Bargain Hunters Pre-trip report Nov 2011
NOV 2011 - Villa offsite 'bargain hunters'
OCT/NOV 2013 - OLD KEY WEST Disney trip - DDP
OCT/NOV 2018 - Disney pixie dust Yacht Club stay
AUG 2022 - Cabana Bay -teen choice
Old 10 Oct 10, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
redspottyowl
Imagineer

redspottyowl's Reviews
well... all a bit quiet on the holiday planning front, although it is causing me much anxiety in my head! Made a phone call to airmiles as getting paranoid that after saving up all my airmiles we won't be able to get the flights we want, looks like we will have to wait another few weeks beofre the flights are released! I am on tenderhooks! Although I now have a back up plan which is looking at flights to Tampa as not too far away, we shall see!

Managed to get some inned bags for the girls trunki's from amazon this week for £7.99 instead of £9.99 so quite a good saving there, and better than that Grandma took them off me to add to the girls xmas pressies!

Fairfx card came this week with $80 dollars, had a look on the website and saw exchange rate was at 1.57 so added another $40, i think this is going to be quite addictive!

Also started my DD's pin collection with a princess mini mouse, she was over the moon!

Has anyone got any advice on choosing suitcases, we have 2 large ones that are hard shell but so heavy, so was thingin of upgrading and looking a those with 4 wheels?

Thanks for reading!

These things are fun..and fun is good NYC/Orlando May/June 15 Pretrippy
Adults are only kids grown up pretrippy Oct/Nov 2013
A Bargain Hunters Pre-trip report Nov 2011
NOV 2011 - Villa offsite 'bargain hunters'
OCT/NOV 2013 - OLD KEY WEST Disney trip - DDP
OCT/NOV 2018 - Disney pixie dust Yacht Club stay
AUG 2022 - Cabana Bay -teen choice