Old 8 Mar 11, 02:33 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Our 1st DVC Stay - LIVE - March 2011 - Day 1

After a very restless night where I think I woke every hour, DH was awke at 4am (unsuprisingly) but I manged to keep dozing until a little before 6am. This is our first time using Disney transport to get around as we decided not to get a car for the first 5 days, so a little more planning than usual was required to make sure we got to our breakfast at 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian Hotel. Before leaving home DH had downloaded an app to his iPod called OLP Transportation Wizard (or TWiz for short) which lets you select your departure destination and the place you want to get to and then it gives you suggested routes. After phoning home to let the parents know we made it, we left our room around 7.10am and headed to the bus stop where we had to wait about 15 minutes before the MK bus arrived. A further 15 minutes later and we arrived at MK and the opening show was just starting! We opted to get the boat across Seven Seas Lagoon and we arrived at the GF a few minutes later. Checked in at the desk, had our photograph taken and were seated around 8.10am. We had made this ressie based on the experience of our friends (Jill8933) and tbh I was quite disappointed with the food as well as the service - it won't be a repeat for us . I thought the choices were limited although what can you do with breakfast? The characters (Tigger, Pooh, Alice, Mary Poppins and Mad Hatter) started the rounds just after we were seated although we were at the end of the route so we had time to visit the buffet first. My two positives about this place were that the character interaction was good and the juice they serve was lovely (a mixture of orange, guava and mango). Here are some photos from breakfast - I apologise for some of the faces I'm pulling!

I have never spoken to a face character before and they were interesting to talk - it made a nice change. Both Mary and Alice asked were we going to have fun and when we replied 'Magic Kingdom' they both recommended a ride that would be fun - Mary Poppins the carousel - she said she always went on a horse that won the race and Alice the tea cups - apparently the green ones are her favourites because they are the fastest.

During breakfast our photograph was shown to us and we decided to buy it as it's so rare to get us both on a photograph on holiday - it will probably be added to our 'Disney wall' at home!

We left the restuarant about an hour after we had arrived, had a quick look in the GF shops and then hopped on the monrail for the short hop to MK. It was quite busy (it's evening EMH tonight - midnight to 3am!) but we got through the bag search quickly and we're home once again! We meandered through a couple of the gift shops on the right hand side of Main Street and I had a quick look at the new 40th Anniversary Dooney & Bourke bags - maybe later on in the trip! DH uttered my favourite words in this shop... you know you can buy whatever you like... wahey... that's why I look after our finances!

First ride of the day was about to be Buzz Lightyear but I spotted a short queue to meet the man himself so we joined the queue and five minutes later we'd had our photo taken with him - another first for me. We joined the 15 minute line for Buzz Lightyears Space Ranger Spin and I was determined that I would beat DH this time but alas it wasn't to be... if I beat him he'd only cry!

Next was Carousel of Progress - I'm sure it was very clever in it's day but it's dated and could do with some updating. There was about 20 people in the section we were in and the couple sat next to DH were the ones with man who was taking the opportunity for a quick nap complete with seriously loud snoring and his wife didn't try to stop him!

By now it was 11am and the sun had come out and it was lovely - warm and sunny with a nice breeze - perfect weather! We got fastpasses for Space Mountain and then had a quick circuit on the TTA before wandering round to take in Snow White's Scary Adventure and my absolute favourite - Philharmagic - which was as entertaining listening to the little girl sat next to me's obvious delight as it was to watch it.

On Mary Poppins recommendation I wanted to try the Carousel next but we opted instead to wander back the way we had come and pick up some lunch in Cosmic Ray's - we shared a burger, fries and a yogurt. With aching feet already (I have plantar facitiis) DH suggested we head back to SSR for a rest and before the promised rain arrived which I agreed was a good idea and so we left the park after watching a show outside the castle and a wander through the shops on the other side of Main Street and arrived back at SSR about 2.30pm. I headed out to the main pool for a relax in the spa pool (I find it helps my feet) and DH stayed in the room.

After a lovely relaxing couple of hours, both doing what we wanted we headed over to DTD for some dinner and to make us stay up later. We walked from the resort and it took about 15 minutes and it was a lovely wlak along the edge of the water between SSR and DTD. Earl of Sandwhich was our choice for this evening and we joined the queue and were served quickly. We sat outside EoS watching the world go by while eating a Hawaiian Chicken (me) and Carribbean Jerk (DH) and if you read yesterdays report you were expecting some report of inclement weather I'm going to disappoint - although the evening was quite cool and I had changed into jeans and a hoodie, there was no inkling of any of the bad weather - we had escaped!

We had a wander round the big World of Disney shop and vowed never to go there in the evening again - it's just so busy and then decided to head back via the boat transportation which from start to finish probably took around an hour with the transferring and the waiting and we definately won't be doing it again!

Tomorrows plan is Epcot as we have lunch booked at Chefs de France...

Edited at 02:52 AM.
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 11, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

What a lovely day - you pictures are beautiful
Hope your feet are ok - and did it rain at all ?
WileyCoyote is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 11, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Great pictures and navigation on the transport. I'm remembering what your DH said about the shopping so I hope you hold him to it!
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 11, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_Diva
Imagineer

Wonderful report.
Glad you liked 1900 park fare as we have booked there x
WDW 2020 POR
Disney_Diva is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 11, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
mandy_mccormac
Imagineer

Glad i found you again, keep them coming see you tommorrow.
Old 8 Mar 11, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
tonyspurs81
Helping Minnie

Good start to your holiday! I look forward to reading some more!
tonyspurs81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 11, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Lovely relaxing first day, hope your feet are feeling better
WDW (We love split stays!) - May 2011 - POR/BLT, Mar 2012 - Dibb Villa, Oct 2012 - SSR/GF/DCL/BLT, Apr 2013 - CSR/WL, Nov 2013 - BWV/AKL/DCL/OKW, May 2015 - OKW, November 2015 - ASMu, November 2016 - BCV/Poly
DLP - Oct 2008 - SL, Nov 2011 - Cheyenne, Nov 2014 - Cheyenne

Christmas in the Magic Dec 2015
Will We Make A Rope Drop?! - Apr/May 2013
Mr & Mrs V's Wishes Wedding and Disneymoon - October 2012
Our First Magical Trip - May 2011

lady emz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 11, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Lovely pictures!
Oh dear!
We're doing 1900 Park for the first time in the summer - looking forward to The Mad Hatter.
Are you enjoying your DvC?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 11, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Great day and photos.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 11, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen0705
Imagineer

Helen0705's Reviews
Great day !
Helen0705 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List