col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Never Mind Epricot, I want to ride Splash Mtn again day 8

Sunday 23 October 2011

I was up first today, at 7.45, the rest of the troops didn't surface til later, which I suppose is understandable after the late night, last night!
I had breakfast, tidied round and phoned mum and being me, took some more photos...
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
How fab would it be to live on a street like this every day!
Everyone else appeared, all up and ready for 10.15 and off we went
[IMG][/IMG]
we arrived at about 10.45 and parked in film 27 right next to the tram stop, remember that, it's relevant...
[IMG][/IMG]
first stop was toy story mania even tho I knew we'd have no chnance of a small q and fastpass time would be so late, and I was right..we got FP's anyway for 7.10-8.10 but we knew we wouldn't really use them, but the line time said 40mins...really? for TSM thats not so bad, so we joined...
[IMG][/IMG]
But really, we only had an hour til our ADR at Sci Fi and I would have spent the whole Q fretting so we left with a view to doing this later...
instead we headed off to do star tours, I figured Jess would hate this being a simulator type ride, but how wrong can you be ...again.. she loved it!
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Next up was lunch at Sci Fi, we all loved it here!
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
we had onion rings to start, we shared these, gorgeous!
[IMG][/IMG]
and here's my drink, a space monkey, basically an alcoholic chocolate milkshake, divine and another glowing ice cube to take home - bonus!
[IMG][/IMG]
I had the Angus Burger with bacon and mushrooms, mmmmmmm hate to say it again but gorgeous!
[IMG][/IMG]
Chris had a Strawberry milkshake and a Reuben, just to check, I tried it again... yeuccckkk... I really really dislike these, won't tell you what it tastes like to me in case it stops you trying it but not for me...
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
When the kids were seated in the front they were told to keep an eye on us in the back! Nearly said, no worries there, we're married, but at the risk of upsetting the new hubby I kept quiet..
[IMG][/IMG]
And I love this one!
I will definately eat here again, we all loved it and although he'll hate me saying it, Chris said, as he's an old fart and a parent he liked it here as it was quieter than all other Disney restaurants as everyone was busy watching the big screen...
After lunch we headed here..
[IMG][/IMG]
One of my absolute favourites, so I dragged the boys on with us to make them enjoy it too...we were on the front row too, great for me..not so great for the kids as the stage is quite high..
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
continued in the next post to finish the day...

Colette
Our 1st Magical Disney Holiday!
Never Mind Epricot Trip report Oct 11
All Star Music and Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando June 2009
Sunset Lakes DIBB villa & HRH 15th October 2011
Esprit DIBB Villa 17 June 2014
Dubai Trip Report - just the 2 of us 30 Nov 2011
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014

Edited at 11:09 AM.
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 11, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
After a brief discussion we decided to brave TSM anyway, on the way we met this guy...
[IMG][/IMG]
I broke out in a sweat at the thought of standing in the 'normal line' but with FP return so late I had no choice, sucked it up and queued...and queued...and queued...seriously? is this worth it? llook at my sons face, he agrees with me..
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
another Q shot, we have actually bought this game for Jess for Christmas..hope she appreciates it made it all the way back from the USA..
[IMG][/IMG]
There were loads of these, we were in the Q al long time...an hour or just over...was a goood ride, and so glad we made it on here but I just don't do long Q's (god help me when we go in August 2013..)
It was really starting to heat up now, Chris wanted to go on the Rock n Roller Coaster, he hasn't managed it yet.. was rained off last time in 09, so he went to get FP's
I stood and watched the parade with the kids
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
I love the Disney parades, they are one of my favourite things to do but this didn't do it for me...but now doesn't surprise me with what was to follow..
it really really was hot now (and we have been in June when it has been ridiculous..)
but I didn't feel good.. Chris was still awol (how long does it take to get FP...)
kids were getting restless, so we put more suncream on and bought ice creams
[IMG][/IMG]
And I began to feel worse...
the whole net 10 phones saga was haunting me again as I had no way of contacting Chris... didn't want to go far as we had agreed the meeting place... but I really felt so bad..I wanted to cry
Chris wandered back looking like he wanted to punch someone, turns out he had Q'd for the coaster as the FP time was late and he was next on in the single rider line when they closed the ride down. According to Chris an old gentleman (Chris reckon's he was 90..) went to get on, banged his head and knocked himself out, they brought him round, put him back in the Q! then decided they should shut the ride after all..Chris is not destined to get on this ride. (they did give him a FP good for a week though)
he was in the middle of this story then looked at me and realised I wasn't good and couldn't stay so off we went...what a waste of a park day...
got off the tram @ film and couldn't find the car. Really. we walked and walked, convinced we were miles down, why didn't we take a photo, why didn't we remember...? we've been here a week and not lost the car. why now, when I'm ill..
Chris was convinced the car had been stolen and he kept repeating this, I was just trying not to throw up (sorry) at the thought of having to find Disney security..
why today?
somehow, eventually we wandered back up the other end of the carpark by the tram stops and there we were, THANK GOD!
we got home and I went to bed, no-one had had any tea so Chris went back out to a supermarket with Jess to get something, You wouldn't believe what he came back with so I documented it
[IMG][/IMG]
Yep, that would be weiners, cheese, a lettuce and a cucumber! ? What..? needless to say I didn't eat tonight! And I didn't send Chris to the Supermarket on his own again..
I didn't do a lot tonight to be fair, when I finally surfaced I went in the spare room to face all my purchases from the Disney store, I managed to get them all in the biggest holdall we have and weighed in at 10kg, bonus!
Chris finished off the night playing battleships with the kids
[IMG][/IMG]
Tomorrow is check in to SSR, Blizzard Beach and an evening at DTD! and so so much better than today, I promise!

Colette
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 11, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

I am loving your report, it made me laugh with the shopping, with you not well I hate to think what your reaction was to Chris,
fantastic photos Colette,
Old 13 Nov 11, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by evergreen View Post
I am loving your report, it made me laugh with the shopping, with you not well I hate to think what your reaction was to Chris,
fantastic photos Colette,
Thanks Trish!, can you believe what he came back with? ! of all the Supermarkets in orlando and he goes to the worst one with no stock... wouldn't you just do takeout from a restaurant, no, not Chris...

Colette
Old 13 Nov 11, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

That is sooooo funny, what Chris came back with. Looks like he was a contestant on Ready, Steady, Cook!

Rubbish that you were feeling ill, hope it didn't last too long x
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 11, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
That is sooooo funny, what Chris came back with. Looks like he was a contestant on Ready, Steady, Cook!

Rubbish that you were feeling ill, hope it didn't last too long x
hahaha! thats such a good way to describe it! I was lost for for words when he arrived home with that little lot but Chris and the kids ate it...somehow!
And thanks Jo, I made a full recovery for tomorrow, don't know what it was..

Colette
Old 13 Nov 11, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
MFras23
Imagineer

MFras23's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 20
Guidebook Reviews: 15
Really enjoying your reports. Sucks that you came down ill, but the worst thing you can do it just ignore it and get on with the day when you're in the Floridian heat!
Old 13 Nov 11, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Sorry that you had a bad day but the piccie of the food that Chris bought really made me giggle.
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 11, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post

I agree, it did look like ingredients from Ready Steady Cook My husband would be exactly the same
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 11, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Another great read shame you were not feeling good.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List