col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Never Mind Epricot, I want to ride Splash Mtn again day 10

Tuesday 25 October 2011

So, due to extra magic hours I had the troops up at 7am, ready, checked out and on the way to Epcot for 7.30am..
Chris put Epcot in the satnav and it tells him that the journey is 40 mins - what? Knowing me and my aversion to being late anyway he kept quiet and prayed the sat nav had got it wrong (she had thank god) we pulled up at 7.45 - Yay!

We headed straight to test track and rode numerous times just cos we could as it was walk on for a while..
The boys loved all the cars after the exit, tons of photos here, won't bore you with them all, bit lost on me anyway..
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Jess wasn't a fan of Soarin so we left that today and headed over to Nemo but it didn't open til 9 so it was speaceship earth instead, Jessica is a convert now!
[IMG][/IMG]
Breakfast next, and for some reason no photos of this but it was sunshine seasons again as it was the only place open serving breakfast items,
Today was all about the worldshow case today but as it didn't open until 11am but had a few hours to kill in future world again...
We rode Nemo after breakfast, here's the obligitory shark pic
[IMG][/IMG]
Next up was innoventions - Brandon played his beloved computer games, almost couldn't tear him away
[IMG][/IMG]
Then the kids wanted to play the inflation game..(yes really..)
It was quite good fun actaully, supposed to teach them about the value of money, how to save it, make it, keep it for a target (ours was a holiday, naturally) The kids get to take a piggy bank round to ech 'game' and watch their money grow, they enjoyed it!
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
We picked up our mission for later and were on our way
[IMG][/IMG]
And here's a nice calm Epcot
[IMG][/IMG]
It was getting on to 11 now so we made our way towards world showcase and met Marie on the way so Jess had to stop
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
The kids were fascinated with the cranberries
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Continued in next post for more photos!

Colette
Our 1st Magical Disney Holiday!
Never Mind Epricot Trip report Oct 11
All Star Music and Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando June 2009
Sunset Lakes DIBB villa & HRH 15th October 2011
Esprit DIBB Villa 17 June 2014
Dubai Trip Report - just the 2 of us 30 Nov 2011
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014

Edited at 11:11 AM.
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 11, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
MFras23
Imagineer

MFras23's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 20
Guidebook Reviews: 15
Really great so far
Old 20 Nov 11, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
We spent some time in the shop before we headed to the countries, we bought the passports for the kids as they had enjoyed getting htese stamped when we came in 09, we bought some gifts and then we were off to Canada
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Brandon's "mum really? another photo..? " face, as taught by Chris
[IMG][/IMG]
I'd forgotten just how beautiful it is here
UK next, some random photos were taken here
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Off to France next, I had a glass of Champagne, we had a couple of photopass photos taken then went off to find the passport stamp, here, Chris found a hidden mickey book. He has been obsessed with hidden Mickeys ever since our dinner at coral reef so that was it now - book in hand we were on a mission ...*sigh*
[IMG][/IMG]
Morocco up next, Jasmine and Genie were signing autograph books etc and although we have seen Jasmin, jess wanted to Q to meet the Genie so in the Q we got, and they went off for a break - how annoying! But we were quite near the front so we decided to stick it out, Chris wandered off with his hidden mickey book in one hand and the Camera in the other (I hated not having my camera! I'm normally in charge of that..) and I gave him instructions to come back with an alcoholic cocktail for me..
So there I was in the Q, minding my own business and chatting to Jess, There was a Canadian family next to us, a lady with 2 teenage daughters. She had obviously heard my accent and leaned over, the conversation went like this...really..
Her :Hi, Are you English?
Me : Yes
Her , oh my god I love Gordan Ramsay
Me : thats nice
Her : Are you related to him?
Me : erm no, not even a little bit
I won't document the whole conversation but this poor woman seemed genuinely gutted that she had met a real life English person and I wasn't related to her hero (didn't have the heart to tell her he's Scottish
After we'd discussed all his programmes, the general attitude to him in the UK and his restaurants, we moved onto Supernanny, Nanny 911 and any any other Brit programme they could think of..
Next up music, spice girls and Beyonce, back street boys and NKOTB (Jasmine and Genie where are you..?)
By the time Chris arrived back (with my moroccorita - THANK GOD) I was surrounded by these canadians who were by now cooing over how nice my accent is... I was feeling a tad claustrophobic... and then out come Jasmine..but no Genie...what? he was the whole reason we were queuing, I was fuming! and Jess didn't wnat to see Jasmine again so we left, much to the Canadians dismay...
This is what Chris was doing whilst I chatting to my new friends..
[IMG][/IMG]
There are more, but I won't post them all, in case any of you actually want to find some yourselves when you go!
i will say, there are 3 on there (one of them impossible to see from this shot) but Chris wasn't budging till we found all 3 and we did...
[IMG][/IMG]
On Through Japan and USA, we were busily getting passports stamped and finding hidden mickeys, then we arrived in Italy to start our Kim Possible Mission, yep something else to do on this schorching hot afternoon in a busy Epcot!
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
It took us to Germany and was actually lots of fun and very clever! woon't spoil it for those of you who haven't done any of these missions but well worth it!
The only thing was, somewhere inbetween italy and Germany, Jessica lost her passport and this really upset me. I know it's only a passport but what upset me was Jessicas attitude, she wasn't the slightest bit bothered, she didn't care and that really annoyed me..I forgot to mention on the first day Jess left her brand new pin set on the back of her chair at Tusker house and we didn't realise til it was too late, and Jess wasn't bothered then either, one word I suppose and thats spoilt, and yes thats our fault but I do like to think they appreciate what they get...anyway... sorry...am rambling... we tried and tried to find said passport, asking everywhere, going back and forth and asking at guest services but no, it's gone...
so it really did put a downer on the rest of the day for me... I barely even noticed the food and wine stalls, I had planned on stuffing myself silly here but filled up at breakfast and then then losing Jessics epcot passport annoyed me so food when by the wayside...
Brandon did another Kim Possible mission in China, this was even better than the one in Germany and we both enjoyed it! (chris was still off looking for passport and Jess was sulking after being told off..)
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Norway next, we rode Maelstrom, purely becuase of the hidden mickeys in the Queue, we wouldn't have gone on this otherwise and am in no rush to ride it again to be honest..
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
We finished up in Mexico, Brandon got his passport signed for the final time, Jess got her duffy bear stamped and we left...Longhorn Steak House on the 192 for tea, we filled up with petrol at the 7-11 and off we went.

Longhorn was brill and we had a great server who chatted with the kids and really looked after us..
my strawberry margerhita
[IMG][/IMG]
our Texas T'onion that we all shared
[IMG][/IMG]
my melt in the mouth cheese and bacon stuffed steak
[IMG][/IMG]
Chris Rancher steak, with his bit of health on the plate
[IMG][/IMG]
Back home after a busy day and a lovely tea, straight into the pool!

tomorrow is Typhoon Lagoon and Narcoosses!

Colette
Our 1st Magical Disney Holiday!
Never Mind Epricot Trip report Oct 11
All Star Music and Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando June 2009
Sunset Lakes DIBB villa & HRH 15th October 2011
Esprit DIBB Villa 17 June 2014
Dubai Trip Report - just the 2 of us 30 Nov 2011
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 11, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Another great day. We registered for Kim Possible last year but never did it, we will have to do it next year.
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 11, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great report
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 11, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Fab day Colette, and I totally hear you about the kids losing things We had a Hidden Mickey book with us which is something Daniel and I would do while waiting for the others on a ride. Being a typical Virgo though, I am feeling a need to be able to find them all and therefore complete the book. Think that might take a few more holidays!

We loved Longhorns, it was our first & last meal of the holiday, the steaks are just perfect. I also like how the servers aren't youngsters. Nothing against youngsters but it's nice to have a change of chit-chat
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 11, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
disney chic
Imagineer

great day

WDW
2000 Allstar movies, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 Caribbean beach, 2006 Pop century, 2007 Pop century, 2008 Dolphin and Pop century disney wedding, 2010 Grand Floridian, Pop century Fort wilderness campground allstar music , 2011 Allstar movies, 2013 Art of animation 2014 christmas at All star music

Disneyland Paris march 2014
disney chic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 11, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
A nice time in Epcot and those steaks look so yummy

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 11, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Great day at Epcot.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 11, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

another great day Colette x