Notices

Old 10 May 12, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU68
Very Serious Dibber

The Return of Bubba & Cooter - May 2012.

OK so having read many pre-trippies and fab trip reports I thought I would bite the bullet,pick up the gauntlet and do one (as in write one that is,not "leave politely )

I know the countdown is looking a bit strange to be doing a pre-thingy but better late than never,after some words of encouragement from others...so here goes.Will try to keep it brief as I am known for my ability to talk for England (its in the genes)

CAST

Moi - Karen 22 (well in my mind I am) chief reporter,travel agent,accounts/admin,tour planner,navigator/co-pilot,pack-horse and everything else DH doesnt do. Loves-in no particular order-holidays,handbags,shopping,eating,

DH - Paul will be turning 9 on this trip (well his mind age ) Chief photographer,driver,videographer... erm... did I say driver... ? Loves holidays,coasters,eating,football (but less said about that the better..clue is in the team shirt) and VERY LOUD ROCK..Is convinced he was swapped at birth and should have lived in Florida...!

This will be our 9th Florida trip, 1st was our "once in a lifetime trip to Orlando/Clearwater" honeymoon 15 years ago...yeah right Think we have all been there eh Dibbers?

We are flying with Virgin (again) from Manchester on OMG look at that countdown and renting a friends home (again) in Davenport for 15 days.DH worked out 2 years ago the extra bank hols (thanks Liz) so we hoped to go for 16 days.Didnt quite work out as couldnt get a M+M flight back :angry: Nevermind at least we get to see em wheel out Elton and Macca for the Jubilee concert on 5 June now .

So what are we going to be doing you eagerly ask...
Not doing Disney this time (gasp shock horror I hear you cry ) as we do try to alternate parks. US/IOA this time around and going back to Discovery Cove on 27 May. First did the dolphin swim back in the day when it first opened in 2000 so thought we would treat ourselves for putting up,oops sorry,celebrating our wedding anniversary when we get home(that dreaded 4 letter word ). Got the Ultimate ticket so we can do SW/BG/AQ too.

We also have a bit of a road trip planned to Miami for 2 days,DH fancies driving up and down Ocean Drive Well if its good enough for JLS Marvin .Staying at a lovely little boutique hotel in South Beach.

BG is on the radar this year as DH wants to try Cheetah Hunt and daresay Sheikra and Montu multiple times. We are also hoping to book Serengeti Safari as never done it and it sounds fun
Next plan is to do the VIP Tour at SW as have found out you get $25 off as we are doing DC,result! I love a bargain me.

Some new dining places on the hitlist this year,so we are madly hitting the gym to try to lose the lbs we will put on. DH wants to do the obligatory visit to Hooters for his birthday so the girls can sing to him and slap stickers all over him Have been madly signing up to websites etc so bet the birthday vouchers will come through AFTER we fly out

We were hoping to go to a Magic game,so DH could wear all his "gear" officially,but they only got themselves knocked out the play-offs didnt they... grrrrr?

I will of course be fitting in a spot of window browsing,and will do the obligatory tour of all the Guess/Skechers/Nike stores in the entire area.Would be rude not to

Listed below for the planners is a timescale thingymajig..
DONE...
Flights Man (11am) -MCO Virgin M+M £460 booked Dec 11
Accom - booked Dec 10 (yes really ) £400
Car Hire - Budget (through ebookers) Group D booked Feb 12 £253
DC Ultimate Swim - AttractionTix booked Apr 12 £175
Universal 2 Park Bonus - AttractionTix booked Apr 12 (with 5% code)£83.
Miami hotel - booked Apr 12. £70
Airport Transfer - "Dads Taxis" booked Dec 11. (gotta fill up his retirement somehow )
$$$$$ - Best Foreign Exchange $1.599 - bought Apr 12
Pre-ordered duty free for flight h@*# -cant bring myself to say it.

TO DO...
SW VIP Tour
BG Serengeti Safari (book on day)

So dear readers,there it is the Virgin PTR... I havent self detonated or combusted so ,result. DH hasnt lost his life organiser so he will be well pleased.

Probably not much more to add at this 11th hour so I leave you with one of our fave pastimes after a long day .

Thanks for reading ... oh and if anyone has been to Gatorland,the trip title may be recognisable
LOU68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 12, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
pudge
Imagineer

pudge's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Great read Karen... a girl after my own heart... holiday/shopping/eating... love a bit of GUESS

Have a great holiday you lucky lucky thing...look at your countdown
[/B][COLOR="Magenta"]2006 Crescent Lakes/New Port Richey, 2008 Highlands Reserve, 2010 Cumbrian Lakes (freebie) & Rolling Hills, 2012 Highlands Reserve, 2014 Bridgewater Crossing, 2015 Rolling Hills/HRH, 2016 Dibb villa Highlands Reserve/HRH & Vegas, 2017 Rolling Hills, Xmas 2018 Rolling Hills & RPR, 2019 Highlands Reserve, 2020 Highlands Reserve canx 2021 Emerald isle fingers crossed
pudge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 12, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
loves_disney
Imagineer

loves_disney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
great read! can't believe how soon your trip is! when you are coming h*** we will have just arrived! a sad thought for you, a happy one for me! i just hope it doesnt go in too quickly for either of us!
Old 10 May 12, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Wow your countdown is so small Great pre-trippie, sounds like you are going to have a fab time even without doing Disney! Have a wonderful trip!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 12, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
HeapyHeapy
Getting Excited

Wish my countdown was as little as yours! Lovely read, have fun

Glad my dad wasn't home when that photo of your hubby popped up, he would have made me run an anti-virus scan on the comp haha.

Rachel
And a few more times besides that!
HeapyHeapy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 12, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU68
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by HeapyHeapy View Post
Wish my countdown was as little as yours! Lovely read, have fun

Glad my dad wasn't home when that photo of your hubby popped up, he would have made me run an anti-virus scan on the comp haha.

Rachel
Haha just seen your location Rachel.

Thanks guys for the comments,excitement is now reaching fever pitch and best of all,only 5 days left at work
LOU68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 12, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Great read sounds brilliant and only a week to go you lucky thing.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List