Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos
Unread 16 Jun 12, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

A very belated and very mini Disneymoon report

Hello!
Well, its only a few years late, but Ive decided to do our Honeymoon trippie! As its been a while, Im mainly just doing photos and wont separate the days since I cant remember what we did on which day!
Pre-trippie introduction
Me- Adele
DH- Matt
Our twin daughters aged 2 Missy and Matilda

After many years together and a lot of time planning, our wedding was upon us. We were getting married on the Bank Holiday Sunday at the end of August, allowing Monday to make our way to the Radisson at Manchester and Tuesday to fly. We were getting married in a hotel and having the whole day there. The week before the wedding, Missy had been ill and we were told she had croup. The doctor told us on the Tuesday that if she worsened she would have to be hospitalised, and so I made an appointment on Friday with him to see if she had improved. Fortunately she had, but she still wasnt a happy girl on the day of the wedding! It had rained almost solid for the two weeks before the wedding, and so I had prepared myself to get married indoors despite having had my heart set on the beautiful garden outside. I was happy that it was all going ahead after panicking about Missy. Yet on the day, the sun came out and stayed glorious all day. Everything went perfectly and we had a fantastic day. We had a bit of a Disney theme for the wedding, the tables were named after places in Disney and the table plan was a map of Disneyworld. The centrepieces had Mickey coins in it, and we had put together little packs for the guest children which were Disneyfied! Here are a few pictures for those who want to see!

The day after, we ran around and packed (we hadnt had chance before the wedding!) and made our way to the Radisson at Manchester Airport. Strangely, I didnt take any photos here. I recorded a lot on the video though, including the bathrooms and inside the fridge. Ive no idea why. The hotel was fab, and it was so easy the next morning to check in. We walked over to check in, and then went back to the hotel for breakfast, which meant we didnt hang around the airport for too long. It was the girls first time flying and they were great, playing with the games and watching tv, they were easily entertained. When we arrived, an American man in the seat behind us told us theyd been wonderful and gave them $2 each telling them welcome to America!

We got the magical express to All Star Movies resort nice and easily, and checked in. We got to our room and there was one double bed between the 4 of us, not what we wanted on our honeymoon! So we called reception and they relocated us with no problems. The resort was fab, although one of the value resorts, it did the job. The girls loved the theming of it and it had everything we needed.
We hadnt been on the Dibb long before we went, and so hadnt booked anything. Wed pre-paid for the photopass, but that was about it. We managed to eat wherever we wanted though, including Akershus, Rose & Crown, Mama Melrose, Crystal Palace, Tusker House, Planet Hollywood, Tonys and Rainforest Cafe. Once wed had a look around and decided where we wanted to eat, wed just go to the desk in the hotel and theyd find us a reservation. It worked out rather well for us.

Here are some photos of various places!

Rainforest cafe

Matilda loved the characters at Crystal Palace

Missy did not!

Cinderella at Akershus

Tucking in at Akershus

Milkshakes at Rainforest Cafe

Missy finally joined the characters

Shopping

More shopping

The pram was worth taking

We (I!) left our changing bag under the table at the Rose and Crown at Epcot. I thought it was on the back of the pram. We got down to the exit of Epcot before we remembered, so DH ran all the way back whilst I waited with the girls. I had my handbag with our passes and money in, but the change bag had our camera and video camera with other things. I was most worried about the video camera, knowing all of our memories were on it. The photos weren't so bad as I knew we had photopass. I wasn't worried it would be stolen, I was thinking if it was taken to lost property and went missing from there. DH ran back and there were people on our table, but the waitress came over and asked if he was looking for it, she'd moved it for safekeeping. Was so pleased when he came strolling back with it!

On our last full day, we decided to go back to Magic Kingdom. We were having a mooch around the sweet shop on Main Street USA, when we were approached by one of the women who had been making the giant candy apples wed been drooling over. She started talking to the girls and told them that she had the special job of choosing todays chef of the day and she wanted the twins to be her chefs. Another girl rolled out a workstation, and they put aprons, gloves and chef hats on the twins. On the trolley was two giant marshmallow crispie Mickey heads, along with melted chocolate and different kinds of sweets and sprinkles. The women helped the girls decorate the Mickey heads and then they boxed them up for them and put them in a bag along with lots of free candy and lollipops, as well as a certificate each. It was a really lovely thing for the girls to do, and they love watching the video back now. We've got the video here.

Edited at 04:31 PM.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ
Unread 16 Jun 12, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_L
Very Serious Dibber

Miss_L's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Sounds like you had a great Disneymoon and your wedding photos are lovely, your dress is gorgeous. Really happy for you that it went ahead in the gardens as you had hoped
The Penguins do Star Wars Wknd
Unread 16 Jun 12, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
marhar
New Poster (2)

Thumbs up

Congratulations!
Having a Disney themed Wedding must have made it extra magical
marhar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Lucys birthday
Unread 16 Jun 12, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
A great update on your Disneymoon, the photos of your wedding and family are beautiful.
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Take us back to the magic
Unread 16 Jun 12, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Thank you! It's very long overdue but want to do a report for our next trip so thought I'd do this first! Congrats on your first post, Marhar!
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ
Unread 16 Jun 12, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
ppodangel
Dibbing with Tink

ppodangel's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Beautiful dress! Congratulations, looks like you had a wonderful wedding day and Disneymoon! Your daughters are gorgeous!
Unread 16 Jun 12, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinnabon
Imagineer

Love the video of the girls, Glad you all had a wonderful time.
Unread 16 Jun 12, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
You look lovely and your girls are beautiful

ORLANDO 03,04,05x2,07,O8,09,10x2,11x2,12x2,13,14,15,16
LV x2,SAN FRAN & LA,CRUISING THE CARIBBEAN,BALTICS ,FJORDS,BAHAMAS,ITALY,
BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Florida and bits
US Rent A Car