Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 29 Sep 12, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Disney Feast West&East Day15: DisneyQuest & Planet Hollywood

Where else do you spend your first day in Disney? Indoors at DisneyQuest of course ...

I am up at 0900 and have a coffee on the balcony – oh this is such bliss, we have a lovely view across the golf course. Jamie is up , cant think why, oh yes he is 12 today. He helps me with the laundry and we open some cards together – he is very pleased to get lots of $$$$$$ . All three birthday boys have had a card from Mickey pushed under the door. Jamie and I walk over to Hospitality House to get the refill mugs and have a nose around. Wow, its so well themed, we are just going to love it here and my, its hot already.

The others surface around 1130 and we are out the door by 1200. And lots of buses come and go and finally at 1230 a DTD one.

Edited at 10:23 AM.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 12, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

The boys are super pleased to be spending the day at DQ – it had been Jamie’s birthday request. I had originally planned to go shopping but its too hot and I am happy to sit down and read my book. Andy is as excited about the gaming as the boys . As its so hot, DQ is quite empty. Most sensible people are in the parks of course.

WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 12, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

We use 4 CS credits at lunch. I have a Caesar Salad, in a bowl that seems to go on forever, Andy has a BLT type Sandwich, Nick has a Cheeseburger( for a change) and Connor has a pizza. Jamie for some reason has a cob on – I think overcome by birthday fever so we do the sensible thing and just ignore him until he snaps out of it. Sharing a red velvet cupcake (OMG , this is amazing) soon helps to restore his humour along with a fruit cup and 2 M&M brownie cakes . I don’t have the receipt but along with the drinks , I think we were looking at a $ value of around $80 for the lot. We also use 2 snack credits on popcorn, which also greatly improves Jamie’s humour.

They play loads of games ,and loads more games and I spend a lot of time trying not to be weirded out by this thing that faces my seat in the Wonderland Café ( having managed to move myself all of one floor down from FoodQuest).

I am informed that they played such things as H2O ( speed boat racing), Tekken ( fighting), Nascar( even I could work out what that was), basketball and other stuff.

I sat and listened to my music and finished my ebook “ An Unremarkable Heart” by Karin Slaughter – a short story which is really very well written but totally depressing and as its about the disturbing circumstances behind a suicide( I didn’t know this when I started it) – it strikes me its not really Disney World reading ! So I lighten up and move on to “Chelsea Wives” which is chick lit at its best. When will I get round to “Fifty Shades” I wonder. Now that’s definitely not Disney material

Just before 6 (I know ALL Day in here) we emerge, like moles blinking in the sunlight , ready for dinner which is again Jamie’s choice of Planet Hollywood.

There is a 40 minute wait which we neatly bypass with our ADR being confirmed . Its really loud and busy in here but the boys love it and Jamie likes having his name in lights.

We have opted to pay for this one out of pocket – with a few 2credit restaurants coming up, it seemed to make sense to pay cash for the cheaper meals. Although this wasn’t as cheap as we thought in the end.
Old 29 Sep 12, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

We have 4 sodas, I get the loaded potato skins, Andy and the boys share two lots of ribs, we all share the brownie sundae and Andy somehow ends up buying a promo glass with his beer. It comes to $109 . We use our Disney Voucher to get $15 off so after we leave a tip, it still works out around $110. Jamie uses the free gift voucher to get a key ring and also buys a small ball , because we don’t have enough balls at home already.

Its around 7.30 now and we break out the ponchos as we leave as its tipping down. Connor and Andy don’t put theirs on and so get very wet.

We make a dash back to DisneyQuest ( yes, they want more time in there). We decide to give the boys some space, I am quite nervous about this but armed with my watch and phone ( as they forgot theirs) , we agree to meet them back in DQ at 10pm.

Andy and I sit across the way at House of Blues and have a drink which is great fun and somewhere we would certainly enjoy on our own.

We take a wander around the shops which seem smaller, more crowded and more expensive than our last visit.

Definitely one for Wiley !

We head back into DQ early at 9pm and manage to find the 3 of them quite quickly, they have a few last games and at 9.20 they declare they are ready to leave.

The OKW bus is at the stop as we arrive – Andy and Connor stop at HH to collect our Garden Grocer delivery which came while we were out. We have great fun unpacking it – little did I know we really wouldn’t need it, and it all came to the Villa .

Andy and I do all the dull stuff like checking bank accounts and watch a gruesome episode of the Nancy Grace show about some poor lady who was macheted to death . Gosh they do love their gory stories here. This is hardly holiday viewing.

The boys are thrilled to hear that we are up early tomorrow for a park visit – Epcot !
Old 30 Sep 12, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

What a lovely day! Happy Birthday to Jamie

Isn't the heat different in Orlando vs Anaheim in August though? We found it so much easier to be outside in Disneyland than WDW.
Old 30 Sep 12, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mmm I loved those potato skins at planet Hollywood!
Old 30 Sep 12, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
SammyScotland
Imagineer

The boys certainly love DisneyQuest!
Old 30 Sep 12, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
zokaluse
VIP Dibber

Great day for the boys and anice chill for you.
DLP Jan 2014 H Cheyenne & H New York
DLP Dec 2014 Sequoia Lodge
Florida Aug/Sept 2016 RPR/WDW BC/DCL Dream Bahamian 4 night cruise/ WDW BC
DLP Dec 2016 Newport Bay Club
Disney Magic Staycation Cruise Aug 2021

Aug 2023;BC 9 nights WV, AKL 8 nights SV, HRH 3 nights FRCL, CB 2BS, Weeki Watchee 2 nights, Holmes Beach house 8 nights
zokaluse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 12, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
We've never done Dinseyquest...

Sounds like Jamie had the perfect birthday

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 12, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good days entertainment for a birthday, and a little relaxing day for yourself